DTV Chat Audio Club Idea - Your opinion...

Do you think a DTV-Chat Book Club Discussion Group with Times is a Good Idea?

YES! Let Me In!
83%
No, screw that, ain't got the time and not interested.
17%

Total votes : 18
Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 5:22 pm » by Constabul

Slith wrote:
Constabul wrote:
It would just have to be known/ understood that for the next hour, or remaining twenty mins, this is the discussion or topic at hand, hold comments not related to the end of the discussion or event.
boot peeps who wish to disobey for the duration of the time remaining, or depending on their conduct.

Just my 2 cents.

What about the folks that just want to chat on there in a non-related discussion? They would have no avenue on there to do so if a separate room wasn't set up

Completely get what yer saying. My position is that the volume of users isn't that high to really merit additional rooms at this point.
I think it would be a good trend to establish a set "program" audio book discussion or otherwise that sets the foundation for a format that would require users to obey a code of conduct. In this way it could prep or train some less then prepared peeps for guest speakers etc.

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Yes it sounds cool. I do agree that maybe a topic room should be created. Good work DTVers trying to improve our site! :flop:

:cheers:
ImageImage
9/11 was an inside job! Question everything.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 7:20 pm » by Seahawk

Good idea. :flop: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 pm » by Troll2rocks

I vote yes good idea. May keep topics actually on topic and be easier for people to just join in and access. I'm definitely for this.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am » by TheDuck

Could be done yeah, I have a couple audiobooks, I'm guessing Phil hellmuth talking about 4 better isn't valid :D

Seriously though I have:

Dan Browns - inferno (Started listening, seems ok and its a little out there...)

J.R.R. Tolkien - The Silmarillion (Not sure about this one but yeah lol)

A new room for this would definitely be advantageous though...
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Writer

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am » by ericmarr

I got a book right here, Its pretty good came out a while ago. " A long Way Gone"
"A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier is a memoir written by Ishmael Beah. Published in 2007, this book provides a firsthand account of the decade-long civil war in Sierra Leone and the ongoing plight of child soldiers in conflicts worldwide"
It will open some peoples eyes I think :D

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Count me in.

The key would be a nice first.

Once a month would be a nice frequency for events like these. A month to actually read the book. Of coarse i hope the books will be easily available either on-line or hard copy. If you need any help organizing ,it would be my pleasure.

:flop:

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 2:53 pm » by Spock

Seriouscitizen wrote:Count me in.

Once a month would be a nice frequency for events like these. A month to actually read the book. Of coarse i hope the books will be easily available either on-line or hard copy. If you need any help organizing ,it would be my pleasure.

That would be great SC. And once a month is a good idea if everyone has a copy of the subject. What do you think about the idea of me playing it over chat chapter by chapter (the audiobook) that way more people could be included that didn't have the book?

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Spock wrote:

That would be great SC. And once a month is a good idea if everyone has a copy of the subject. What do you think about the idea of me playing it over chat chapter by chapter (the audiobook) that way more people could be included that didn't have the book?

Personally I would think that it would be better if we keep the responsibility to the participators themselves so we keep the talk limited to those who are actually enthusiastic about the material, but of coarse i can't see why others that are mere curious cant listen/join in. If the material is known in advance i think that should be enough, not? If we keep the group to those who are actually interested, then at least we can guarantee a certain level of understanding. That would mean that the popularity of the group will need some time to grow, but that's normal. I prefer quality over quantity and i think there are enough 'serious' readers/listeners out there :)

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 5:16 pm » by TheDuck

Spock wrote:

I think it'd be great but we could really do with another room so we don't have to nuke everyone who takes the piss :D
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Previous