DTV Chat Audio Club Idea - Your opinion...

Do you think a DTV-Chat Book Club Discussion Group with Times is a Good Idea?

YES! Let Me In!
83%
No, screw that, ain't got the time and not interested.
17%

Total votes : 18
Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm » by Spock

Talking to MediaSourcerer and he had a pretty good idea I wanted to get everyone's input on.

How about at certain times we have discussion based on say, a book, or an online interview or video?

We could decide on a topic or topics and set aside times for them.

For instance, with the book idea, I have an interesting book called "The Key" by Whitley Strieber. Not saying we do this book, but this is an example. I have the book on audiobook, and a couple times a week, during a specified time I play a chapter of it on chat - then we discuss it it for 30 minutes to an hour. That sort of thing.

Any book, audio, multiple people agree on would be okay, then a specific time is slotted for that subject only and, advertised on this board and on the facebook page.

As far as material used, I would rather ask forgiveness than permission, and I say we just go for it until told to quit! :P

There would be some logistics to consider - but I think it would be a great idea, sort of an online book club.

Check the poll above and drop your thoughts please.

Thanks!

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 1:16 pm » by Iwanci

spock you could just start opening up topic rooms so whoever wants to start a discussion about a topic can do so, and whoever wants to join in can... this way you cater for different topics depending on who wants to discuss whatever...

or

you leave chat as is and open ONE new room for a given topic
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm » by Spock

Exactly, but at this point I don't think we have the option to create a new room for an individual topic - maybe Lukas could grant us that, or set it up himself depending on subjects people agree on.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 2:34 pm » by Evildweeb

Good idea Spock. :flop:

Logistically tho I will side with Iwanci.

Those would be good Room Labels instead of the usual chat rooms I have seen in the old chat rooms abroad.

Books, Movies/Video, etc...would expand the interest base for sure.

And of course each specific room would have to be modded or operated by some specific designee.

But still a great idea mate.

:cheers:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 pm » by Spock

I agree Dweeb - please vote up top so we can get a quick idea of how many pros and cons - thanx mang!

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 2:58 pm » by Spock

So far only 1 anti-social cranky, old fart voted no. Harbin, do you need a nap?

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm » by Webcat

Sounds like a good idea - but whatever topic is picked to discuss, someone should moderate the discussion (sort of neutral - maybe not actually take part?) or the thing could go down the toilet pretty quick! :mrgreen:

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 4:03 pm » by Constabul

Well, i kinda disagree on various/additional room unless it can be locked out when said discussion is done.
If we are setting up times for specific discussions to be made on specific topics, we(you mods) and control that in the general room we have now. In effect it is an event. To a large degree we have to few of regulars to merit additional rooms at this point.
At most on a normal basis, we have 10 to maybe 20 peeps.
The live guest netted in over 40 all for a common purpose.

It would just have to be known/ understood that for the next hour, or remaining twenty mins, this is the discussion or topic at hand, hold comments not related to the end of the discussion or event.
boot peeps who wish to disobey for the duration of the time remaining, or depending on their conduct.

Just my 2 cents.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 4:22 pm » by Slith

Constabul wrote:
It would just have to be known/ understood that for the next hour, or remaining twenty mins, this is the discussion or topic at hand, hold comments not related to the end of the discussion or event.
boot peeps who wish to disobey for the duration of the time remaining, or depending on their conduct.

Just my 2 cents.

What about the folks that just want to chat on there in a non-related discussion? They would have no avenue on there to do so if a separate room wasn't set up

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm » by The57ironman

.....interesting

Obama Misses 60% of Security Briefings... and Blames Intelligence Community?Image

Next