DTV Gun Thread

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm » by The57ironman

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Writer

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 8:20 pm » by Douglassmith28

good post. my favorite was my P220 sig.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 pm » by Debunkerace

[youtube]SRIr7c35zuY&feature=fvst[/youtube]

[youtube]bJ7LQAP3gys&feature=related[/youtube]

:mrcool:
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 pm » by Iamthatiam

debunkedisgrace wrote:[youtube]SRIr7c35zuY&feature=fvst[/youtube]
:banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing:

Why you keep posting videos of what would happen if a retard such as you handle a gun, is beyond me?! :think:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator

PostMon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 pm » by domdabears

iamthatiam wrote:
debunkedisgrace wrote:[youtube]SRIr7c35zuY&feature=fvst[/youtube]
:banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing:

Why you keep posting videos of what would happen if a retard such as you handle a gun, is beyond me?! :think:

I remember seeing someone saying this was found to be a fake.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostMon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm » by Debunkerace

Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 27, 2012 11:47 pm » by Constabul

NEXT-GEN FLINTLOCK

Posted by Bill Vaznis. Author Archive »

Smoke out early-season whitetails with Traditions’ modernized PA Pellet .50-cal. muzzleloader!

Mossy Oak musket? That’s right. Traditions has crafted a modern day flintlock with 21st century touches, .50-caliber firepower and reliability.

Dawn was still more than an hour away when I rolled out of my sleeping bag and peered outside the tent into the darkness. My hunting partner, Will Edwards, and I had paddled into this remote wilderness hotspot two days ago just prior to the blackpowder season opener in upstate New York, giving us most of one day to set up a primitive camp and one full day to scout. We were both confident we would see some action, and maybe even get a shot at one of the mature bucks we figured inhabited the surrounding hills.

We doused the fire after breakfast and set off in opposite directions. I looked back at Will just in time to see him disappear into a thick shoulder-high stand of mountain laurel. Little did I know at the time, but we would both get a chance at a racked buck soon enough.

PA Pellet rifles come dressed with Premium CeraKote finish, which is 50 times more corrosion resistant than stainless steel.

I got to the top of the hill and waited for shooting light before easing my way through the blow-downs and dead snags that littered the hardwood ridge. I had found fresh beds here yesterday, and had no reason to believe the deer would not be soon working their way uphill to this point.

Hornady specially makes the Smackdown SST for Traditions, which employs a plastic sabot for increased accuracy downrange.
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/rifle-firepower/next-gen-flintlock/

UMAREX REGENT R100 .45 ACP

Posted by B. Gil Horman. Author Archive »
Images by Sean Utley

Classic-style 1911 built with everything you need and nothing you don’t!
The Turkish-made Regent R100 1911 from Umarex is a classic-style 1911 designed to provide shooters with a top-quality pistol with no unnecessary frills.

Undoubtedly among the most ergonomically designed pistols, the 1911 was designed as the successor to the .45 Caliber Colt SAA used successfully by the U.S. Cavalry. As he did with all his designs, John Browning imbued not only excellent ergonomics but also a “synergy” that allows the parts to work in unison to deliver outstanding performance.

I received my first 1911, a Spanish clone actually, as a gift from my wife forty years ago. As basic as can be, it was my own 1911, just like everyone was talking about in the gun magazines (thanks to Colonel Jeff Cooper). I still have it, residing in my safe with—well, let’s just say a few others.

Keeping with the basic, no-frills theme of the design, the Regent R100’s grip safety does not feature an extended beavertail sweep at its top.

I eventually added a Colt Series 70, again thanks to my bride. (See a trend here?) As were all the off-the-shelf-1911s of the time, this Colt was plain-Jane. Let’s get this straight, though, by that time functioning plain-Jane 1911s had dropped many a bad guy into a grave during military activities, law enforcement difficulties, and civilian self-defense shootings. That continues even today, although most 1911s roll off the assembly with more features than I had on either of my first two John Browning-inspired pistols.

The author found that the Umarex Regent R100 was a tried-and-true 1911, with the familiar breakdown procedure and parts interchangeability with a Colt 1911 pistol he had on hand.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/combat-handguns/umarex-regent-r100-45-acp/

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 am » by Constabul

Upload to Disclose.tv

Cleans:
PROLIX is a penetrating solvent for firearm usage, effective but non-abrasive and non-acidic. In short, it won't remove or harm your metal or wood finishes. PROLIX seeks out dirt, oils, grime, etc. - even in small and hard to reach areas - and flows it away. During the cleaning process, a dry lubricant is developed and is drawn into the pores of the material, creating a skin of protection.

Lubricates:
PROLIX is NOT affected by adverse conditions of extreme hot and cold (-80ᄎF to over 460ᄚF) while remaining DRY to the touch. It will not wipe away during firing, flash or burn off, nor build up, become gummy or discolor. It's thin formulation (8.2cps) turns into a heavier (68CST 40ᄚC) DRY, enduring and long-lasting protective coating through chemical action.

Preserves:
PROLIX preserves and protects due to its thorough cleaning and surface coverage. The penetration into the pores hold the lubricant in place in even harsh use or long period of storage. Its non-acidic base also prevents oxidation and seals out condensation while neutralizing rust. PROLIX is armor tough, but works equally as well on precision air guns or on sophisticated law enforcement and military arms.
http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/1973/category_id/380/product_name/Prolix+Gun+Cleaner+&+Lubricant+-+8+oz

good stuff

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 4:09 am » by Constabul

MGI MARCK 15 HYDRA

Posted by Matt Berger. Author Archive »

First true combat-ready modular weapon system that can handle 16+ calibers!

The MGI Marck 15 Hydra represents the biggest advance in AR-15/M16 design since its inception. It can be converted to more than 16 various calibers with its QCB-D upper, modular lower, various barrels and mag wells. Shown here with a SureFire Foregrip and EOTech HWS.

There are a seemingly endless number of makers turning out AR-15 rifle and carbine variants. Many of them offer a quality product, and a few don’t. It’s our goal to sort the two out. Now and then, however, a manufacturer goes beyond quality and incorporates innovation into their AR-platform weapon. The Marck 15 is one such gun. It represents the biggest design advance in the history of the AR, and is intriguing by its own merit.

Founded in 2005, MG Industries, of Bangor, Maine, has pushed the envelope in terms of the platform’s versatility by making it an individual, modular unit. The Marck 15, also known as the Hydra, was designed as a modular rifle capable of firing more than 16 various calibers, including .22, .223 or 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, .450 Thumper, .458 SOCOM, 7.62×39mm, as well as the .45 Hybrid, M3 (Grease Gun) and LE in .45, 9mm and .40 LE (using Glock magazines), 7.62×25mm and the .45 Super Mag (.460), and .50 Beowulf. Many others are part of the MGI stable, with many more yet to go into production, but that’s another story. The weapon will be available in semi-auto (full-auto for military use).

While the ability to switch between calibers may seem like a complicated process, the average shooter can do it in around 90 seconds with MGI’s Marck 15, and all of its controls retain the familiar A2 configuration.

Modular Design
That in itself is very useful, but it’s been done before with various uppers. What may pique your interest, however, is that the Hydra is capable of shifting to another caliber in roughly 20 seconds, without tools, and without changing the upper. To be realistic, the average person will probably make the transition in 90 seconds, likely faster with a bit of practice. The Hydra takes it a step further, though. It’s one thing for a weapon to do so with expensive proprietary components, but the Hydra does it all with standard barrels and magazines.

MGI’s Marck 15 Hydra can be configured to accept AK mags, which should come in handy for soldiers abroad who have captured enemy AKs. The Hydra’s adaptability even gives police officers an edge when they need to switch to .308.
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/special-weapons/mgi-marck-15-hydra/

Only for military or police at this point, but you know it will eventually filter down. Least should.

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 28, 2012 6:20 am » by domdabears

16 different calibers?? God damn! Bad ass.

Nice post.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

PreviousNext