Dtv Members Who Think Alike?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: བདེ་འབྱུང

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 am » by Iamthatiam


On the Brazilian southern part (where the barbeque served from table to table directly from the stickers it's called 'rodizio', dunno how it translates in Eng); We have a festival where they makes tons of cow ribs cookt for hours inside ground holes, like small trenches...It gets as tender as it could be...like butter!!! :love:
Image

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13808
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 am » by domdabears


I don't watch kitchen nightmares. He does another show here called America's next top chef. I love that show. They have different versions all over the world.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19300
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:45 am » by Slith


I think Spock would put this idiot to shame, all on here would. Shit we just gave him the boot from Montreal. You want to be an asshole, and a bully, show me what you got. Ramsey shows me nothing. One thing to talk the talk, but when you can't bring it from head to hands, time to go. And he's gone! Attention whore
Image

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7697
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:47 am » by Fatdogmendoza


iamthatiam wrote:On the Brazilian southern part (where the barbeque served from table to table directly from the stickers it's called 'rodizio', dunno how it translates in Eng); We have a festival where they makes tons of cow ribs cookt for hours inside ground holes, like small trenches...It gets as tender as it could be...like butter!!! :love:



Not sure that we have an equivalentr thing in england however in turkey and greece they may call it mezzes and in spain I think the equivalent is tapas..
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7697
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 am » by Fatdogmendoza


dlslith wrote:I think Spock would put this idiot to shame, all on here would. Shit we just gave him the boot from Montreal. You want to be an asshole, and a bully, show me what you got. Ramsey shows me nothing. One thing to talk the talk, but when you can't bring it from head to hands, time to go. And he's gone! Attention whore


He is considered a bit of a dick in the UK.. We where shocked when he manged to make it in the U.S.. A bit like jamie oliver...at least jamie olivers recipes are adaptable and actually work.. He is a fake other wise known as a Mockney (mock cockney), but he does seem to be passionate about food
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19300
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am » by Slith


I like Jamie. He does bring the passion
Image

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: བདེ་འབྱུང

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 am » by Iamthatiam


fatdogmendoza wrote:And the greeks/ cypriots Dolmades...yum...

Dolmades
Ingredients

120g/4¼oz long-grain rice, cooked

250g/8¾oz minced lamb

1 tsp dried oregano

1 small onion, finely chopped

3 tbsp finely chopped parsley

3 tbsp finely chopped celery

salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 tbsp tomato purée

250g/8¾oz preserved, drained vine leaves

2 tomatoes, sliced

2 cloves garlic, sliced

1 lemon, juice only

Preparation method

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

First, make the filling. In a bowl, combine the rice, meat, onion, herbs, celery, salt and pepper. Fold in the tomato purée.

Place one vine leaf on a plate, vein side up. Take a heaped teaspoon of the filling and place in the centre of the leaf near the stem edge. Fold the stem end up over the filling then fold both sides towards the middle and roll up like a small cigar. Don't roll too tightly as the rice will expand.

Line the bottom of a large ovenproof dish with a layer of tomato slices or left over vine leaves. This will prevent the stuffed leaves from sticking to the bottom and burning.

Pack the stuffed leaves in layers on top, pushing small pieces of garlic between them. Sprinkle with lemon juice and add around 150ml/5¼fl oz cold water. Cover with oiled foil.

Place the leaves in the oven for 45 minutes, adding extra water if necessary. Serve.


Looks good my brother, will try someday!

:cheers:
Image

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: བདེ་འབྱུང

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 am » by Iamthatiam


Slith will know what I'll talk about here, "We start eating a dish through our Eyes" :D

This understanding is a very important part of the good 'Cuisine'...L'arte...

Sounded Snob...haha!! Where the fok is Edgar :think: He would like this part of the thread!
Image

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: བདེ་འབྱུང

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 2:13 am » by Iamthatiam


fatdogmendoza wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:On the Brazilian southern part (where the barbeque served from table to table directly from the stickers it's called 'rodizio', dunno how it translates in Eng); We have a festival where they makes tons of cow ribs cookt for hours inside ground holes, like small trenches...It gets as tender as it could be...like butter!!! :love:



Not sure that we have an equivalentr thing in england however in turkey and greece they may call it mezzes and in spain I think the equivalent is tapas..


This pic is from a festival similar to the one i mentioned, not made in holes tho...

Image
Image

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13808
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 am » by domdabears


My cabbage rolls turned out perfect!!!!
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook