Dtv Members Who Think Alike?

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:28 am » by Slith

iamthatiam wrote:Cabbage rolls must be stuffed with minced meat!

And rice and duxelle. Cloves are realy good with this. Amazing with the tomato sauce

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 am » by Iamthatiam

domdabears wrote:Dude, I'm a good cook. I actually thought about going to school for it, but the thought of standing there cooking for everyone everyday made me say hell no.

I only cook for me, my family, and friends. Everyone else can starve. :twisted:

Someday I will tell you how to make a few stuffs we do here, in Brazil...Such as fish rolled with banana tree's leave inside a hole on the ground...I think that maybe in Hawai they do these kind of things! :think:

:cheers:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 am » by domdabears

They are. I used ground pork. I like the taste of pork better. More flavor.
Rice, ground pork, diced onions, and diced red bell peppers. That's what I got inside the rolls. I got them simmering in tomato soup right now. I also mixed some of the tomato soup in the meat and rice mixture.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:31 am » by Shaggietrip

I have not read one page yet.

Define alike.

Thank you. :cheers:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 am » by Slith

iamthatiam wrote:
domdabears wrote:Dude, I'm a good cook. I actually thought about going to school for it, but the thought of standing there cooking for everyone everyday made me say hell no.

Someday I will tell you how to make a few stuffs we do here, in Brazil...Such as fish rolled with banana tree's leave inside a hole on the ground...I think that maybe in Hawai they do these kind of things! :think:

Very Caribbean actually. But wonderful flavor

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 am » by Iamthatiam

dlslith wrote:

And rice and duxelle. Cloves are realy good with this. Amazing with the tomato sauce

I don't put rice, only meat, onions, chopped olives & raisings (i love the mix sweet&sour)

If you gonna roll rice on any leaves, might that be grape leaves, just like the arabs does...yummy stuff!!!

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 am » by domdabears

dlslith wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:

Very Caribbean actually. But wonderful flavor

yeah, that's definitely tropical cooking.

You see that shit all the time on the survival shows when they do a stranded island scenario.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 am » by Spock

I love watching Chef Ramsey chew people's ass in Kitchen Nightmares! And all his revamped menus look incredible.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:36 am » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:
dlslith wrote:

I don't put rice, only meat, onions, chopped olives & raisings (i love the mix sweet&sour)

If you gonna roll rice on any leaves, might that be grape leaves, just like the arabs does...yummy stuff!!!

And the greeks/ cypriots Dolmades...yum...

Dolmades
Ingredients

120g/4¼oz long-grain rice, cooked

250g/8¾oz minced lamb

1 tsp dried oregano

1 small onion, finely chopped

3 tbsp finely chopped parsley

3 tbsp finely chopped celery

salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 tbsp tomato purée

250g/8¾oz preserved, drained vine leaves

2 tomatoes, sliced

2 cloves garlic, sliced

1 lemon, juice only

Preparation method

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

First, make the filling. In a bowl, combine the rice, meat, onion, herbs, celery, salt and pepper. Fold in the tomato purée.

Place one vine leaf on a plate, vein side up. Take a heaped teaspoon of the filling and place in the centre of the leaf near the stem edge. Fold the stem end up over the filling then fold both sides towards the middle and roll up like a small cigar. Don't roll too tightly as the rice will expand.

Line the bottom of a large ovenproof dish with a layer of tomato slices or left over vine leaves. This will prevent the stuffed leaves from sticking to the bottom and burning.

Pack the stuffed leaves in layers on top, pushing small pieces of garlic between them. Sprinkle with lemon juice and add around 150ml/5¼fl oz cold water. Cover with oiled foil.

Place the leaves in the oven for 45 minutes, adding extra water if necessary. Serve.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 am » by Fatdogmendoza

spock wrote:I love watching Chef Ramsey chew people's ass in Kitchen Nightmares! And all his revamped menus look incredible.

Ramsey is a fake spock... Good television though...30% of uk tv is so called reality tv, 30% soaps and 20% shit... Doesnt leave much really bro...

PreviousNext