DTV's Theme Song

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 am » by Lucidlemondrop

shatnerswig wrote:umm he did play on scorps. lovedrive album and the less known 1972 scorps album lonesome crow... lucid you are correct! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schenker

Great example as to why it is important always to do our own research.

Another can inspire or point us in a direction but it is up to each individual to 'flush' it out, make it your truth.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 am » by Thepassenger

The music industry is absolute trash... self produced independent musicians who make albums and tour for the love of the music is the only way to fill up an ipod these days...

The days of walking into a record store and buying the newest by "so and so that you usually like" are done...

Im in bands... and i have to say... going about it with a personal relationship with your audience is the best way to create a Band out of a collection of musicians... it becomes more then just the music when after going to see a show... you go outside and the band is out there with you at the bar just ... shooting the shit... talking about ufos and politics and shit with the people who came to listen to their art.... no respect for fake over masculine bravado in a band,... who will demand to be treated like led zeppelin at their peak by everyone...
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” ~ Charles Bukowski

Initiate

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:02 am » by Tonybigman3

darrylmckay wrote:This applies to most of us here, so why not this one.....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoF_a0-7xVQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoF_a0-7xVQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

iguess whatever you think is cool but im not in to all of that..

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:06 am » by Darrylmckay

thepassenger wrote:The music industry is absolute trash... self produced independent musicians who make albums and tour for the love of the music is the only way to fill up an ipod these days...

The days of walking into a record store and buying the newest by "so and so that you usually like" are done...

Im in bands... and i have to say... going about it with a personal relationship with your audience is the best way to create a Band out of a collection of musicians... it becomes more then just the music when after going to see a show... you go outside and the band is out there with you at the bar just ... shooting the shit... talking about ufos and politics and shit with the people who came to listen to their art.... no respect for fake over masculine bravado in a band,... who will demand to be treated like led zeppelin at their peak by everyone...

There is no such thing as a music industry today.

The big companies have taken over, the music is already written and recorded before they find a new "band" to stick in the video for it.

stick with the independant punk rock, thats my motto.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Initiate

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 am » by Thepassenger

hell yeah darrylmckay well put ...
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” ~ Charles Bukowski

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:10 am » by Lucidlemondrop

disclose the underground music ............

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 am » by Darrylmckay

thepassenger wrote:hell yeah darrylmckay well put ...

Naming yourself after a song by the Iggster i thought you would understand.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Initiate

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:25 am » by Immortalgropher

Not all of it is trash. It's just business. Big business. Having experienced people do your stuff isn't trashy, it's musical. A smart band will make a musically sound decision.

A band is a business endeavor, it's either a partnership or a sole person running the show giving credit to whoever wrote the songs and letting them get their fair share. Not all bands shoot the shit with you outside the venue for a reason, remember what happened with dimebag? That's why. Foreign bands don't do it a lot of the time. Then you have the very rich and famous, most of which, you can't even look them in the eye or they'll fire you if you're working for them or get you thrown out. Prince and Barbara Streissand are prime examples of that.

People tend to let success go to their head, but for some, they were in the right place at the right time and they can demand that respect, that's how it is.

Darryl, The only way musicians really get paid is by those big companies, BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, etc. It's called royalties. If an artist or band is on a label, the only way they're going to get MORE money is to get as big of an advance as possible from the label, the music business is constantly changing. The best way to make money IS to compose music or become a publisher. Period. If you're a damn good professional musician, you can make a living also.

People who don't know about the business and it's inner workings need to understand these things. Not ALL music is written and recorded before sticking a band in a video lol. Bands still write their own music and record their own music.

There's a business aspect called "Work for hire" publishing companies use this to add to their catalogs. Basically the publisher says "I'll pay you 1000 dollars every month if you produce four songs" The publisher then takes all rights to the music created, everyone is happy, publishers get their money, musicians get their money.

It's ALL ABOUT PUBLISHING. What's trashy about the music business? Nothing. It's a business. Sure there's some shady happenings as with anything that's a major money maker, but really, everything is fair if you know how to not get yourself screwed. That's the only "trashy" aspect of the music business. Tricking unsuspecting people who just want to make music and you ask them "do you have your music copyrighted? No? We'll take care of that :)" then whammo publisher gets 50% right off the bat.

It's what I do. Fortunately, I'm a fair business man and don't like screwing people.
A Gropher is a distant relative of the Gopher species...:peep:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:26 am » by Realorfake

thepassenger wrote:sophomoric http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sophomoric

culturally devoid, lacking in musical theory and technique.

and 27 is to old to find any value in the music of Atreyu.

Its gimmicky merchandise to be sold to angsty kids who shop at Hot Topic with their parents money.

well "thepassenger" take a seat on this train cuz its a bumpy ride...

I didnt come here boasting Atreyu as the be all end all band of the fuckin universe. To me the lyrics, simply put, define why we are all here on DTV.

Of course your grandiose musical skill, of which we here at DTV are ALLLL so familiar with cuz yur band is SO fuckin' rock, has elevated you to the ranks of a snobby under achiever upset at the likes of those who "made it" in the musical world. And to say Atreyu has made it is a stretch more than it is a truth.

If you knew ANYTHING you'd at least know that Atreyu never pushed for radio play. They have limited albums sales not because their music is "culturally devoid, lacking in musical theory and technique" but because they fancy a type of music UNpopular to the masses.
Which is my draw...

As a musician myself it pains me to see a jackass like you try and rip a thread about a "theme song" because your untalented ass thinks a 27 yo is to old to find value in Atreyu.

Go back to yur parents basement, pick up yur guitar, and throw it away. Its useless to you.
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 5:28 am » by Lucidlemondrop

fricking image didn't work,

Oops..........

Carry on.........

PreviousNext