Dutch Christmas parade Santa's helpers 'black up' racism

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm » by Alfred

well, you have to be dutch to know the origin of the black helper. Once it was a believe that naughty kids were taken by Santa. The kids would become Santa's helpers. Santa brings the santa presents via the roof and chimney. Here is where the black comes in. The helpers had to go down the chimney to put the presents in the shoes of kids, and climb back through the chimney. In the chimney you will get black even if you are as white as me. So this has nothing to do with racism

Cheers

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm » by Poooooot

Noentry wrote:This is stupid.
Why would this be racist?
Or am I missing something?

Blackface. It's extremely racist, horrific, and downright disgusting. Do you know anything about mistral shows?

If you have the time, I suggest you watch this movie. It's called Bamboozeled.

Upload to Disclose.tv

edit: I commented without actually watching the video bc I am at work, but I'm gonna leave this comment here because I'm pretty sure the black-face portion of it is just as offensive as the story behind it.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 pm » by domdabears

Alfred wrote:well, you have to be dutch to know the origin of the black helper. Once it was a believe that naughty kids were taken by Santa. The kids would become Santa's helpers. Santa brings the santa presents via the roof and chimney. Here is where the black comes in. The helpers had to go down the chimney to put the presents in the shoes of kids, and climb back through the chimney. In the chimney you will get black even if you are as white as me. So this has nothing to do with racism

Cheers

:lol: But did these "helpers" put on red lipstick to make their lips look bigger???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm » by Spock

Santa is racist against dwarfs.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm » by -Marduk-

if ze 'blacks' feel offended of our European Heritage, they are free to leave

to their fuckin mud huts in fucking Whutevazheycumfrom.

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 7:26 pm » by domdabears

Marduk2012 wrote:if ze 'blacks' feel offended of our European Heritage, they are free to leave

:lol:

That wasn't racist at all.... :roll:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm » by Torofamily

Marduk2012 wrote:if ze 'blacks' feel offended of our European Heritage, they are free to leave

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thats funny
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm » by Poooooot

Spock wrote:Santa is racist against dwarfs.

Ahh, see. Dwarfism is not a race. It's a genetic disorder. He would be prejudice against dwarfs, not racist against them.

Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

domdabears wrote: :lol: But did these "helpers" put on red lipstick to make their lips look bigger???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaa crazy that you say that, I live in the Netherlands and a black girlfriend from France visited me last year around this time..she was going crazy over the Zwarte Pieten everywhere....I tried to explain her the story..that they are black because of the chimney...etc...but then she argued "what about the lips??"

and Zegie didn't know what to reply..

:)

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm » by TheDuck

Too many sensitive people in this world imo, you only give people power if you give a sh*t.

Stop caring and see how much bothers you.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

PreviousNext