Dutch Christmas parade Santa's helpers 'black up' racism

Conspirator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9226
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 am » by Noentry


Dutch Christmas parade where Santa's helpers 'black up' sparks racism row


Upload to Disclose.tv



A racism row erupts over a Christmas parade in Amsterdam where Santa's dancing helpers paint their faces black, their lips red and wear afro wigs.


This is stupid.
Why would this be racist?
Or am I missing something?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13961
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 am » by domdabears


Well, they did start the slave trade.
Image

Conspirator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9226
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 am » by Noentry


domdabears wrote:Well, they did start the slave trade.


Well no not exactly.
The first slave traders were African
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 19588
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:20 am
Location: underneath the circumstances

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:56 am » by The57ironman


Noentry wrote:
domdabears wrote:Well, they did start the slave trade.


Well no not exactly.
The first slave traders were African

.


..........so ....what is it..?....''they'' just started the commercialisation of the slave trade , or what...?.. :think:



.
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Conspirator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9226
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 am » by Noentry


If memory serves me well the first European slave traders were Portuguese.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13961
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:06 am » by domdabears


Over here they did. They were the first to sell slaves to North America.
Image

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13961
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:08 am » by domdabears


Image
Image

Conspirator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 9226
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 am » by Noentry


domdabears wrote:Over here they did. They were the first to sell slaves to North America.


Smart people the Dutch.
Big money in the Americas.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3146
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Neutral Zone

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm » by Svaha


I tried to post the real story here, but (happened a few thimes last week) got a blank page 'no connection'.

In short, it's not about slavery, but about a twist of history by the catholic church, resulting in the good guy 'Saint Nicolas' (that gives presents to the kids) and the bad guys 'black Peter' (that punish children and put them in a bag)

Black Peter hints to the Moors that invaded Spain and brought some light into the dark ages ... can't have that can't we?

I think this tradition should stay, but along with the true story.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7769
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 pm » by Fatdogmendoza


Svaha wrote:I tried to post the real story here, but (happened a few thimes last week) got a blank page 'no connection'.

In short, it's not about slavery, but about a twist of history by the catholic church, resulting in the good guy 'Saint Nicolas' (that gives presents to the kids) and the bad guys 'black Peter' (that punish children and put them in a bag)

Black Peter hints to the Moors that invaded Spain and brought some light into the dark ages ... can't have that can't we?

I think this tradition should stay, but along with the true story.


:flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook