Eagle's Nest, Irkutsk, Russia

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm » by E6722maj

very large mole

whatever

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:00 am » by RATRODROB

What a fantastic story, I love this sort of thing, it could be completely innocent in design and manufacture (we just havnt figured out how its natural presence occurred) or there really is some sort of mysterious force behind it, or its simply man made, but why, why would man have done this......... :headscratch:

the first thing I thought were its related somehow to the Tunguska blast, but the scientists speculate that this thing is around twice as old.................. :think:

Great thread Father Christmas lol

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Writer

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 am » by Geopyt

directly south of the crater in the image it seems there is another mound and that can only mean one thing it is a natural formation of some sort you can see the outline and it almost looks like an arrow pointing to the most recent formation and you can see to the left of the arrow the same sloping gravely loss rock you can see in the top formation i think it is a cold eruption similar to volcanic but more like a pocket of loose rock and gravel pushed up by tectonic friction slowly rather than an explosive pressure eruption

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Geopyt wrote:directly south of the crater in the image it seems there is another mound and that can only mean one thing it is a natural formation of some sort you can see the outline and it almost looks like an arrow pointing to the most recent formation and you can see to the left of the arrow the same sloping gravely loss rock you can see in the top formation i think it is a cold eruption similar to volcanic but more like a pocket of loose rock and gravel pushed up by tectonic friction slowly rather than an explosive pressure eruption

Sounds good to an ignoramus like me :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Writer

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 am » by Geopyt

so how would you explain it then ? if you look at the top right of the image you can see another similar anomaly in the geology that again looks similar but older
Last edited by Geopyt on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Geopyt wrote:so how would you explain it then ?

Hey Touchy...I was agreeing with your theory...
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Writer

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 am » by Geopyt

cool :pray: :cheers:

Initiate

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 am » by Santaclaus

Geopyt wrote:directly south of the crater in the image it seems there is another mound and that can only mean one thing it is a natural formation of some sort you can see the outline and it almost looks like an arrow pointing to the most recent formation and you can see to the left of the arrow the same sloping gravely loss rock you can see in the top formation i think it is a cold eruption similar to volcanic but more like a pocket of loose rock and gravel pushed up by tectonic friction slowly rather than an explosive pressure eruption

More geophysical details have been published in
Journal of Mining Science, July 2011, Volume 47, Issue 4, pp 413-426, Origination and development mechanics of the Earth’s morphostructures. Part I: Etiology and evolution of the Patomsky crater, by S. B. Stazhevski.
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134%2FS1062739147040034#page-1

Initiate

PostTue Feb 11, 2014 3:59 am » by Santaclaus

RATRODROB wrote:What a fantastic story, I love this sort of thing, it could be completely innocent in design and manufacture (we just havnt figured out how its natural presence occurred) or there really is some sort of mysterious force behind it, or its simply man made, but why, why would man have done this......... :headscratch:

the first thing I thought were its related somehow to the Tunguska blast, but the scientists speculate that this thing is around twice as old.................. :think:

Great thread Father Christmas lol

RRR

Thanks, RATRODROB! :cheers:
The formation is also called Patomsky (Patomskiy) crater, the Cone of Kolpakov or the Nest of Fire Eagle.
http://runknown.com/patomsky-crater-the-nest-of-fire-eagle

Next