When did the Moon get here?

When did the Moon get here?

The moon arrived here naturally around the same time our planet formed.
14%
The moon was brought here and engineered by Humans.
2%
The moon was brought here and engineered by Humans with the help of e.t.'s.
11%
E.t.s engineered humanity and the moon.
58%
Move along...nothing to see here.
15%

Total votes : 65
Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm » by Newearthman

After talking on Chat the other day about our ancient history I got to thinking that I have never seen any ancient depictions of the Moon from say, Mayan or Egyptian cultures. Our moon is so prominent in our sky you would think it would be one of the most commonly recorded objects in history yet we have little to no drawings left behind that clearly depicts the Moon.

In this thread I will try to show the history of our Moon from ancient times and try to find a date when the Moon started to show up in our history records. I am not the first to attempt this so I will include the work of others as examples.

http://glenavalon.com/knowth01.html
Figure 1. Carvings on Orthostat 47 at Knowth, the vertical stone at the end of the eastern passage.
Figure 2. A naked eye map of the moon (left), a carving from Knowth Orthostat 47 (right) and the two superimposed (centre) to illustrate their similarity.
The carvings are about 4800 years old. The next oldest depiction of the moon known to science is that by Leonardo da Vinci in about 1505 AD. Other ancient lunar maps may lie unrecognised among neolithic (and later) artifacts.
For now the products of the artists - and scientists - of Knowth are by far the oldest apparent representations of lunar markings and motions known to us.
(Hardly a moon depiction if you ask me)

Leonardo da Vinci in about 1505 AD

Earth’s capture of the moon c.2000bc
By Gary Gilligan
http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/gill ... on.php?p=1 (I will use a few quotes from this report.)

How Earth gained such a large moon is still one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time. I propose past planetary chaos involving Earth, Mars and Venus resulted in the capture of the moon in orbit around the Earth c.2000 BC. This chaotic ‘capture’ of the moon paralleling a “Dark Age” as proposed by archaeologists.

I will show that the moon could not have existed during prehistory as evidenced by the absence of the moon in Neolithic artwork and artifacts.

Though I have amassed a great deal of corroborative material supporting past planetary chaos covering the periods between 3000-500BC, in this essay, I will limit the discussion to Neolithic cultures and will separate these from the later ‘fully formed’ civilizations such as the Sumerians. (c.3000bc.)

While some of the prehistoric monuments, artifacts, cave drawings, pottery and rock-art can be attributed to the sun, there is one glaringly obvious fact that scholars and historians have overlooked. They are all devoid of one image - the moon! There is not one monument, one artifact or one rock drawing that could be taken to represent an image of the moon! Why?

It is very perplexing to find that when it comes to representations of the Moon, there are possibly only a handful of artifacts which may be considered contenders. Two artworks that have come to my attention that could be considered lunar in character are the ‘Venus Laussel’ and the ‘Phase-of-Moon Indicator’.

I would propose the majority of these artworks represent the ‘gods of the night’ and are celestial in connotation. Here we have a golden opportunity for the Neolithic people to display their talent and placate their gods, but yet again we find nothing that could be considered as representing the Moon.

Andis Collins (http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/index.htm) in his extensive study of ancient rock caving has in my view correctly deciphered many of the carvings as representing the stars and their constellations, yet of all the thousands of carvings currently being deciphered we still have no images of the Moon. Where is the Moon? Are we to believe that in the minds of the ancients the stars and constellations took precedence over the Moon?

Take away 5,000 years of science and put yourself in their environment.

You are living off the land in a small community at the mercy of the elements. To survive you require food and shelter. A basic calendar is required for husbandry and farming. Knowing when to plant to enable you to reap the best rewards. Upon observing the heavens, you deduce that the seasons coincide with the heavenly movements of the Sun and Moon. Now this is the unbelievable part - bearing in mind that the Sun would pale into insignificance and seem like a natural phenomenon next to the awe-inspiring phases of the Moon, you totally ignore the Moon in favor of the Sun!

I propose that the ancients did not ignore the Moon - it was simply not there to ignore! Solar calendars appeared first because the Sun was the only major ‘God’ in the heavens by which to monitor the seasons.

My research methods are unorthodox as far as academic expectations go, as I take a child like and lateral analysis of things instead of slavishly following preconceived ideas at the expense of missing the most obvious explanations.

A revelation? No it’s just a start in support my theory of past planetary chaos and Earth’s capture of the Moon in circa 2000bc.

What is the earliest recording of tidal forces?
Pytheas travelled to the British Isles about 325 BC and seems to be the first to have related spring tides to the phase of the moon.

In the 2nd century BC, the Babylonian astronomer, Seleucus of Seleucia, correctly described the phenomenon of tides in order to support his heliocentric theory.[35] He correctly theorized that tides were caused by the moon, although he believed that the interaction was mediated by the pneuma.

The first tide table in China was recorded in 1056 AD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide

So no mention of the tides from ancient texts or artifacts? (feel free to prove me wrong)

From my own studies I have put together a simple theory that explains our ancient past, it goes like this:

Before the Moon orbited Earth we had a planetary wide civilization greater than our own today. We have proof of this from the Vedic Texts which describe flying machines and weapons of great power. We also have megalithic stone structures littered all over the planet which defy explanation. This planetary civilization, which was equal or I would say greater than our own today, was in open contact with lifeforms from other planets and was highly spiritually and technologically developed. For some reason they decided to engineer the Moon as an artificial satellite to help terraform Earth due to some technological/nuclear war or to help stabilize the planet due to natural causes. This caused what is called "The Great Deluge" or flood described in the story of Noah's Ark which brought the survivors of humanity back into a primitive culture. This must have been an act of desperation, necessity or experimentation. Before the flood Earth was evacuated and only the primitive indigenous cultures were left to fend for themselves while the advanced lifeforms left the planet with their technology. The flood wiped out all other traces of that society except for the most massive stone structures that were able to stand the test of time. The engineering of our Moon must have been like a fresh start for our planet.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 pm » by Rizze

Good post :flop:
The Oldest Moon Photo Link

Oldest lunar calendar

The Oldest Lunar Calendars and Earliest Constellations have been identified in cave art found in France and Germany. The astronomer-priests of these late Upper Paleolithic Cultures understood mathematical sets, and the interplay between the moon annual cycle, ecliptic, solstice and seasonal changes on earth.

The First (Lunar) Calendar –

The archaeological record's earliest data that speaks to human awareness of the stars and ‘heavens’ dates to the Aurignacian Culture of Europe, c.32,000 B.C. Between 1964 and the early 1990s, Alexander Marshack published breakthrough research that documented the mathematical and astronomical knowledge in the Late Upper Paleolithic Cultures of Europe. Marshack deciphered sets of marks carved into animal bones, and occasionally on the walls of caves, as records of the lunar cycle.
Link

These marks are sets of crescents or lines. Artisans carefully controlled line thickness so that a correlation with lunar phases would be as easy as possible to perceive. Sets of marks were often laid out in a serpentine pattern that suggests a snake deity or streams and rivers.

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 8:58 pm » by Newearthman

Ya I seen that one but didn't post it because it's too inconclusive. The image below is an artists interpretation. Look how tiny those little marking are on the top pic. Who knows but that was kinda weak evidence for me.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

The Nebra sky Disc? :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 pm » by Annabella

God put it there so we wouldnt be in the dark all the time, sorta like a lantern no??

I believe he had some help from extraterrestrials cause its heavy.

Have our spacebrothers not developed some kind of technology to use a comet
to move large objects such as the moon into orbit? I am sure they do.

Needless to say i voted option 3.

Good post sweetie

:wink:

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

A lot of myths, legends, and tales say that there used to be no Moon in the sky. The Moon appeared after the Great Flood. This was noticed by the people who lived in the south of Greece, as well as by African tribes and others. However, there were a lot of ebb and flow traces found in many ancient cities. As is well known, it's is the Moon that causes ebbs and flows. This does not coincide with the no-Moon theory before the Flood. However, if there was no Moon, then maybe there was another celestial body to fulfil its functions? Other sources say that there used to be two or even several moons shining in the sky. It is not ruled out that those other Earth satellites were "in charge" of ebbs and flows.

The people from the Mayan civilization left reports, in which they said that it was not the Moon, but Venus shining above them in the sky at night. Maybe, Venus was absolutely different back in those years? There was an ancient Roman historian who believed that the Great Flood was caused by the change of Venus� color, size, shape, and orbit.

Many myths and legends say that the Moon rose in the sky after the after-Flood darkness cleared up. Did the Moon cause the Flood?

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Mars was inhabited before earth, but when the martians realised that their atmosphere which they were in the process of destroying was dwindling they realised that the surface of their planet would scorch due to increased activity from the sun, so they decided to build a shield to protect the other planet that they had/ would colonize from the the harmful effects ..The sun is 400 times bigger than the moon but also 400 times further away from the earth so the moon acts as a complete shield during eclipses...At one time the moon permanently blocked the harmful effects from the sun until it be came safe again :mrgreen:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 am » by Germanpils

my question would be has the moon always spun as fast as the earth...
if you look at the moon with millions of impacts
with millions of craters, should at least have an effect on the rotation when a single earthquake on earth can do it.
You know, you don't see with your eyes,
you see with your brain and the more
words your brain has, the more things you can see.
(KRS-ONE)

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 am » by Newearthman

Yes and would it not be impossible for meteors to hit the side of the moon that faces Earth? It seems to be quite scared by impacts. That would tell you that it was not always locked into position facing the Earth wouldn't it?

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 am » by Newearthman

Annabella wrote:God put it there so we wouldnt be in the dark all the time, sorta like a lantern no??

I believe he had some help from extraterrestrials cause its heavy.

Have our spacebrothers not developed some kind of technology to use a comet
to move large objects such as the moon into orbit? I am sure they do.

Needless to say i voted option 3.

Good post sweetie

:wink:

Ya it does make a good lantern!

Maybe the entire Universe was engineered by cosmic gardeners?

Next