Earth Is 6000 Year Old

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 6:41 pm » by Truthdefender

bettyboolean wrote:
truthdefender wrote:
bettyboolean wrote:there are trees older than 6000 years

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -tree.html

Until we chop that sucker down and count the rings, root 'science' proves nothing.

From the article:
Radiocarbon Dating

Bristlecone pines in the western United States are generally recognized as the world's oldest continuously standing trees.

The most ancient recorded, from California's White Mountains, is dated to around 5,000 years ago.

Bristlecone pines are aged by counting tree rings, which form annually within their trunks.

But in the case of the Norway spruce, ancient remnants of its roots were radiocarbon dated.

The study team also identified other ancient spruces in Sweden that were between 5,000 and 6,000 years old.

be that as it may my point is valid, the earth is plainly much older than 6000 years if it is home to organisms at least that old

Could well be, but dating methods are so precarious that when I read an article and they spout of some carbon dated number, I read: Such and such was dated to 'we don't know'

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 pm » by Tuor10

truthdefender wrote:
tuor10 wrote:
komakino wrote:
Do you understand now?

I understand.

thnx

No problem.

I actually find this a very fascinating subject. I am not a religious guy, but have read some books that talked about how many of the original Hebrew translations of sections of the bible, like Genesis, have been altered. If that is the case, one has to question the validity of the codified Roman version.

Which books and which verses if you do not mind please? If you can come up with an answer for me you would be the first to ever cite a source after making the blanket claim of alteration.[/quote]

I was referring to Genesis.

http://www.ps27fr.org/science_vs_bible.html

Translations become distorted, especially when there is an agenda at the heart of it.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 pm » by Truthdefender

http://www.ps27fr.org/science_vs_bible.html

Translations become distorted, especially when there is an agenda at the heart of it.[/quote]

I understood that you were talking about Genesis, I meant which sources show altering of the book of Genesis as you stated at first. I am aware of the translational differences from the Hebrew. Thanks for the link, and believe the gap theory would explain quite alot, however I have heard rebuttles of it as well. Thanks for responding. :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 pm » by Tuor10

truthdefender wrote:http://www.ps27fr.org/science_vs_bible.html

Translations become distorted, especially when there is an agenda at the heart of it.

I understood that you were talking about Genesis, I meant which sources show altering of the book of Genesis as you stated at first. I am aware of the translational differences from the Hebrew. Thanks for the link, and believe the gap theory would explain quite alot, however I have heard rebuttles of it as well. Thanks for responding. :cheers:[/quote]

The translation issue was brought to my attention whilst reading a book called - 'Genesis: Translation and Commentary'. I was using the book for an essay I had to write when I was at university. Not sure of the authors name. I can look it up for you if you like?

Writer

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 am » by Fuzzy0087

truthdefender wrote:
fuzzy0087 wrote:He doesn't take into consideration the affect the changing axis of the earth and the external forces of moving gravity may have on the moon. He thinks everything goes at a constant pace.

As for waterfalls, they don't have to decay at a constant rate. Eventually they may hit some denser rock and the rate of decay will slow down.

He doesn't take into account that the bible was pieced together like frankenstiens monster with many previous religions incorporated into it to make it more appealing for the purpose of conversion. I'm glad he is egotistical enough to think we are the center of the universe. The last time we had that kind of logic the Earth was flat, which was about the same time the bible was written. Good thing we had a bunch of geniuses to tell us how we came to be back then.

Actually smart guy, the book of Job, circa 1600 BC tells us that the earth is a sphere and that it sits in empty space. If more people like yourself had read it 500 years ago(stupid Vatican) then scholars would not have thought the earth was flat.

By the way I am not a young earth Creationist, I don't know the age of the earth, but neither do our evolution science religionists. I do however, believe in the 6,000 years of man. Which by the way is almost up. The Bible states that God rested on the seventh day. This is why He created the Sabbath. The Bible also tells us that the early Israelites were told to let the ground rest every seventh year and not to till the ground. The Lord is returning very soon so that the earth can rest for its seventh 1,000 years. You can bet your last NWO coin on it.

I fear god like I fear a cold. If you want to believe thats fine by me, but don't go spouting your god is pissed BS to me. If he existed and was pissed you would think he would have logic enough to do something about it. No need to say something about all the eq's and hurricanes, natural events that have occurred throughout history are not a ligical way to let your creation know your annoyed.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 am » by Harbin

bettyboolean wrote:there are trees older than 6000 years

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -tree.html

Do you believe everything you read in that rag, national geographic ?
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:03 pm » by Nickelson

Why do you think they killed JC? Because he was the bringer of truth and not the bringer off religion as we know it. He knew the world was older than you mention in this thread, he knew what the deal was and therefore they hanged him.

Religion as Christianity for instance has been created to control the peeps and the money (gold), but that's my opinion, don't shoot me for it.

Com'mon 6000 years. :nope:
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 pm » by -Marduk-

nickelson wrote:Why do you think they killed JC? Because he was the bringer of truth and not the bringer off religion as we know it. He knew the world was older than you mention in this thread, he knew what the deal was and therefore they hanged him.

Religion as Christianity for instance has been created to control the peeps and the money (gold), but that's my opinion, don't shoot me for it.

Com'mon 6000 years. :nope:

Long time no see, welcome back man :cheers:
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Writer

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:18 pm » by Buzzsaw

Well perhaps the Earth only started last night, after all who's to say from that its all a dream?
www.theflayedprince.co.uk

Writer

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:21 pm » by Kennyforever

:censored: His Mother and Father must be brother and Sister or he was dropped on his head as a baby,he is an Idiot

PreviousNext