Egypt: Hundreds slaughtered by army including British camera

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 3:38 am » by Malogg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4478_n.jpg :look:

Egypt: Hundreds slaughtered by army including British cameraman assassinated by sniper as he tried to film massacre
/color]

There was global outrage at the slaughter, which included women and children being burned alive in tents

Hundreds were killed in a horrific massacre in Egypt today – including a British TV cameraman shot dead by a sniper.

The country now stands on the brink of all-out civil war following 24 hours of carnage.

Dad-of-two Mick Deane, 61, was gunned down as he filmed for Sky News in the capital Cairo, capturing the bloody scenes as government troops staged a merciless crackdown on supporters of ousted President Mohamed Morsi.

The war zone veteran was hailed a hero today by his stunned colleagues.

One told how he was shot inside the Rabaa al-Adawiya camp, where security forces have been trying to clear pro-Morsi demonstrators.

He said: “Mick was about to lift the camera to his shoulder when a sniper opened fired and killed him instantly.”

There was global outrage at yesterday’s slaughter, which included women and children being burned alive as they cowered in tents.

The country was put on a state of emergency and curfews imposed in major cities as world leaders pleaded for calm.

President Morsi’s party, the Muslim Brotherhood, calimed as many as 2,000 had died.

Tonight the official toll stood at 149, but that is expected to rise dramatically.

One Egyptian medic said: “There are too many bodies to count.”

In Cairo alone more than 140 protesters are believed to have been killed as two protest camps were stormed with armoured bulldozers.

Witnesses said snipers fired on women and children from rooftops.

The first camp at Nahda Square, near Cairo University, was cleared quickly.

Then tens of thousands who had gathered outside the Rabaa al-Adawiya mosque in Nasr City were faced with riot police crouching behind armoured vehicles as they moved in at 7am.

Tear gas was fired from the rooftops onto the crowds below and automatic gunfire broke out from both sides.

Desperate residents recited verses from the Koran and screamed “God help us! God help us!”

News cameraman Mick died as he tried to film the horrific events for the world to see – one of six journalists who were reported killed or wounded.

'One of the best': Cameraman Mick Deane in action

It was feared security forces may be deliberately targeting media reporters in a bid to stifle coverage of the atrocities.

Tim Marshall, Sky’s foreign affairs editor, said: “Mick was a friend, brave as a lion and a wonderful human being.

"He died doing what he had done so brilliantly for decades.”

David Cameron tweeted: “I am saddened to hear of the death of cameraman Mick Deane, covering Egyptian violence. My thoughts are with his family and the Sky News team.”

Mick, who grew up in Northants, had two sons, Ben and Patrick, both in their mid-20s.

They are thought to be in the US while his Italian-American wife, Daneila, 59, lived with him in Jerusalem.

A former CNN journalist, Daneila had often spoken of her fears for Mick once admitting that when he was covering war zones she was “a nervous wreck”.

In the wake of the violence, Vice-President Mohammed El Baradei announced his resignation from the interim government.

The Egyptian military, led by General Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, released footage which it claimed showed pro-Morsi followers opening fire on soldiers with automatic weapons.

In a statement, the interim government urged Morsi’s supporters to give up their struggle – saying they would be responsible for any “spilt blood or violence”.

Amazingly they also praised the security forces for their “self restraint” – despite horrified witnesses telling how troops fired indiscriminately into the crowds.

At a morgue near the mosque, the bodies of 29 people, including that of a 12-year-old boy, were laid out.

Most had died of gunshot wounds to the head.

Teacher Saleh Abdulaziz, 39, clutching a head wound, said: “At 7am they came.

"Helicopters from the top and bulldozers from below. They smashed through our walls.

"Police and soldiers, they fired tear gas at children.

“They continued to fire at protesters even when we begged them to stop.”

Student Khaled Ahmed, 20, said: “Tear gas canisters were falling from the sky like rain. There are no ambulances.

“They closed every entrance. There are women and children in there. God help them.

"This is a siege, a military attack on a civilian protest camp.”

Senior Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed al Beltagy, whose 17-year-old daughter was among those killed, warned that the military was turning Egypt into another Syria. Abdul Mawgoud Dardery, part of the pro-Morsi Anti-Coup National

Alliance, said: “This is a tragic day for Egypt.”

He blamed “corrupt elements” in the Egyptian army, describing their actions as a “crime against humanity” and “state terrorism”.

He added: “The whole international community should condemn it and not have any dealings with the coup.”

The Nile Delta cities of Minya and Assiut, and Alexandria on the northern coast, were also hit by violence.

The Egyptian Health Ministry confirmed 35 people were killed in the province of Fayoum. south of Cairo.

Five more were reported dead in Suez and 10 during fierce clashes in Alexandria.

There were no reports of trouble at Egyptian holiday destinations popular with Britons such as Sharm el-Sheikh.

The White House condemned the military crackdown.

Spokesman Josh Earnest said: “The world is watching what is happening in Cairo.

“We urge the government and all parties in Egypt to refrain from violence and resolve their differences peacefully.

US Secretary of State John Kerry added: “Today’s events are deplorable and run counter to Egyptian aspirations for peace and genuine democracy.”

Foreign Secretary William Hague condemned the use of force and said he was “deeply concerned” about the escalating violence.

[color=#FFBF00]Video and HORRIFIC pictures inside >>>

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ng-2167605
“Those who tell the stories rule society.” ― Plato

Initiate

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 am » by Sevens

Weren't they warned and knew what was to come? It feels like people are being sacrificed with the purpose of attention using God as a tool of leverage.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 am » by Slith

I caught the pics on the web. I'm speechless

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:22 am » by Malogg

Slith wrote:I caught the pics on the web. I'm speechless

Ima could nae bring myself to resize the pictures and post them

And Ima think Ima got a shite life at times -yeap ima fkn prick to think such

Ima said that all HELL was gonna break loose in Egypt on chat while the fake revolution was in play

Brings the word "shocking" to a whole new level
Last edited by Malogg on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 am » by Slith

Malogg wrote:
Slith wrote:
Ima said that all HELL was gonna break loose in Egypt

Very prophetic. And you were right sir.

I just don't get this shit. It becomes worse after a leader is taken down, and the political vacuum sucks up the rest of us

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 5:56 am » by Malogg

It is nae a matter of being right or being able to read the future it is about knowing the CIA did this and seeing through their BEYOND EVIL plans.

All part of the plan way back Ima stated somewhere in a thread that forget Iran,Syria etc the real prize is Egypt

Art of WAR is all about deception the same ole fkn divide and destroy nevermind conquer

F@CK THE CIA !! F@CK THE NSA !! AND GCHQ CAN SUCK MY BAWS !!

AND THIS PURE FKN ROTTING B@STARD IMA REALLY HOPE GOD HAS A NICE ROASTER FOR THIS FKN C@NT HHMM SAME GOES FOR ALL THE F@GGOTS IN POWER THEY ARE ALL NOTHING BUT CHILD ABUSING MURDERING SISSY F@NNYNUGGETS

Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda

In a campaign to improve its image abroad, the Israeli government plans to provide scholarships to hundreds of students at its seven universities in exchange for their making pro-Israel Facebook posts and tweets to foreign audiences.

The students making the posts will not reveal online that they are funded by the Israeli government, according to correspondence about the plan revealed in the Haaretz newspaper.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, which will oversee the programme, confirmed its launch and wrote that its aim was to “strengthen Israeli public diplomacy and make it fit the changes in the means of information consumption”.

The government’s hand is to be invisible to the foreign audiences. Daniel Seaman, the official who has been planning the effort, wrote in a letter on 5 August to a body authorising government projects that “the idea requires not making the role of the state stand out and therefore it is necessary to adhere to great involvement of the students themselves, without political linkage or affiliation”.

According to the plan, students are to be organised into units at each university, with a chief co-ordinator who receives a full scholarship, three desk co-ordinators for language, graphics and research who receive lesser scholarships and students termed “activists” who will receive a “minimal scholarship”.

Mr Netanyahu’s aides said the main topics the units would address related to political and security issues, combating calls to boycott Israel and combating efforts to question Israel’s legitimacy. The officials said the students would stress Israeli democratic values, freedom of religion and pluralism.

But Alon Liel, the doveish former director-general of the Israeli foreign ministry, criticised the plan as “quite disgusting”. “University students should be educated to think freely. When you buy the mind of a student, he becomes a puppet of the Israeli government grant,” he said. “You can give a grant to do social work or teach but not to do propaganda on controversial issues for the government.”

http://www.independent.coconquer.uk/new ... 60142.html

PLZ EXCUSE MY FRENCH NAE EXCUSE REALLY SHAMEFUL OF MYSELF ~ BUT NAE A SMIDGE AS BAD AS ALL THESE SISSY NONCES

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 am » by Malogg

Someone plz merge this thread with this one

british-cameraman-shot-dead-while-reporting-for-sky-on-egypt-t86231.html

many thanks
:cheers: