Egypt’s ‘Peaceful Protest’ Members Raped CBS News Reporter

Initiate

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm » by Buckweedbertha

Maybe it's just me, but I would have to say that rape is a LONG way from arse or boobie groping or inadvertantly being 'prodded somewhere private' whilst hustling through big crowds like her piccie shows....
For a western female going to the Arab countries getting groped or proposed to is unfortunately part and parcel of the trip. I remember a fantastic trip to Turkey where we offered camels to be bought and nearly got ourselves kidnapped..

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm » by Svaha

The title of the topic is misleading, this is what happened before :

CBS News chief foreign affairs correspondent Lara Logan has been detained, along with her crew, by Egyptian police, TIME reported Thursday afternoon.

Logan, who has been in Egypt since Monday, had been reporting from Alexandria but was detained outside the Israeli embassy in Cairo, according to TIME.

Wednesday, Logan filed a foreboding report about the Mubarak government "throttling" foreign press.

"The army just shifted dramatically to a much more aggressive posture," she said Wednesday, one day before her detention. "And they have absolutely prevented us from filming anywhere today...And in fact when our crew went out to film beauty shots early this morning, with no idea that the situation was now different, they were confronted by soldiers and plainclothes agents. They were armed, they were intimidated and bullied and in fact marched at gunpoint through the streets all the way back to our hotel."

Logan described it as "a very frightening experience and one that was repeated throughout the day for us."

"Everywhere we went we were approached by people," she said. "We were accused of being more than journalists, very frightening suggestions were being made. Suggestions that really could be very dangerous for us."

Logan said they were being "watched everywhere that we go" and "definitely being prevented from telling the story."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/0 ... 18278.html
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Writer

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm » by Jfriss

svaha wrote:The title of the topic is misleading

Agree. According to Islamic law she needs five male witnesses to prove rape. Otherwise she's guilty of adultery .

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

jfriss wrote:

Agree. According to Islamic law she needs five male witnesses to prove rape. Otherwise she's guilty of adultery .

jfriss = zinzana

search.php?author_id=36966&sr=posts

Writer

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:30 pm » by Jfriss

freeyourmindnow wrote:
jfriss wrote:

jfriss = zinzana

the Admin can check my IP, and prove that you're wrong

Writer

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 1:20 pm » by Alex74

That's it... No more summer vacations and Red Sea snorkeling for me and my wife. Only Mubarak kept principal control of the safe of tourists although it was hanging by a thread so far. Back in time egyptians invested a lot i in tourism. You could see policemen almost everywhere.Tourists were protected from theft or various street crime like as polar bears. Now there's different picture.We're not safe anymore among them on their streets. Especially it stands for women. They are capable to be rude to your wife or girlfriend no matter if you stand next to her while they keep their women locked at home. Now it seized off control and they can do harm to foreigners without fear of the police.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm » by Boondox681

"Outside of law, the term rape ("an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with another person without that person's consent") is often used interchangeably with sexual assault a closely related form of assault typically including rape and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault

:hiho:
no offense,but this is standard for for this situation.
any info your researching would be more credible with a reliable source.
wikipedia is not a reliable source.ANYTHING on ANY wikipedia page can be changed/edited by ANYONE,ANYTIME..

don't drag down a good thought or idea by putting WIKIPEDIA next to it
peace and thanx

his title said RAPED,not sexually assaulted.
now i could look past that if the word RAPE was in the story.it wasn't.
he's a liar.
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Writer

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:12 pm » by Jfriss

boondox681 wrote:
"Outside of law, the term rape ("an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with another person without that person's consent") is often used interchangeably with sexual assault a closely related form of assault typically including rape and other forms of non-consensual sexual activity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault

:hiho:
no offense,but this is standard for for this situation.
any info your researching would be more credible with a reliable source.
wikipedia is not a reliable source.ANYTHING on ANY wikipedia page can be changed/edited by ANYONE,ANYTIME..

don't drag down a good thought or idea by putting WIKIPEDIA next to it
peace and thanx

his title said RAPED,not sexually assaulted.
now i could look past that if the word RAPE was in the story.it wasn't.
he's a liar.

he's(??l) a good guy, and certainly he is not a liar
The title is taken from here..
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=2033

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:22 pm » by Boondox681

he's(lol) a good guy, and certainly he is not a liar
The title is taken from here..
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=2033

fair enough.
then http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog are liars.nowhere in the actual telling of events is the term 'rape' used..
as for the OP,if your spreading lies-your a liar.i'll give him a win with an asterisk.
personally,i wouldn't have posted this.
it's propaganda and a lie.

peace
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 pm » by Megame23

This shows you what kind of revolution we are going to have when this goes global.

A hypocritical display of barbarism, welcome to the apocalypse.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

PreviousNext