Egyptian princess tomb discovered near Cairo

Initiate

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Egypt’s antiquities minister announced on Friday the discovery of a princess’s tomb dating from the fifth dynasty (around 2500 BC) in the Abu Sir region south of Cairo.

http://www.ancientdigger.com/2012/11/princess-shert-nebtis-4500-year-old.html

Czech archaeologists have unearthed the 4,500-year-old tomb of a Pharaonic princess south of Cairo, in a finding that suggests other undiscovered tombs may be in the area, an official from Egypt's antiquities ministry said Saturday.

Mohammed El-Bialy, who heads the Egyptian and Greco-Roman Antiquities department at the Antiquities Ministry, said that Princess Shert Nebti's burial site is surrounded by the tombs of four high officials from the Fifth Dynasty dating to around 2,500 BC in the Abu Sir complex near the famed step pyramid of Saqqara.

"Discoveries are ongoing" at Abu Sir, El-Bialy said, adding that the excavation was in a "very early stage" and that the site was closed to the public.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/11/03/pharaonic-princesss-tomb/1678967/

Inscriptions on the four limestone pillars of the Princess' tomb indicate that she is the daughter of King Men Salbo :

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 pm » by *WillEase*

So much for 'rest in peace'.
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Initiate

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm » by Edgar 2.0

WillEase666 wrote:So much for 'rest in peace'.

I think they've found the mummy as well. She passed the Burial Rites, and has her name written all over.

So she's all right, in Heaven i suppose.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 am » by mediasorcery

wow, amazing discovery, love to see more of it when its available etc/
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am » by Svaha

Nice find, I read somewhere that lineage went 'through' women similar to some native tribes, the statue (of the man and the woman) shows that, the man has the left leg before the right leg and she 'supports / guides' him with her right hand on his heart.

[edit]Ps: also nice is that you can see he is holding rods in both hands[/edit]
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 am » by Edgar 2.0

Svaha wrote:Nice find, I read somewhere that lineage went 'through' women similar to some native tribes, the statue (of the man and the woman) shows that, the man has the left leg before the right leg and she 'supports / guides' him with her right hand on his heart.

[edit]Ps: also nice is that you can see he is holding rods in both hands[/edit]

Yeah, Love and Devotion vs. the Chi :mrgreen:
That sculpture is perfectly symmetrical in its asimmetry.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 pm » by mediasorcery

They almost kinda look like giants kinda? dontcha think, chunky arms and legs, big head size, its a formulaic and stylized sculpting fashion, that probably adheres to age old tradition , a most deliberate execution to mathematical spec and not without sophisticated meaning too.

looks a bit like barry and his missus.lol.hehe.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.