Electromagnetic Vehicle in the Rings of Jupiter

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 pm » by -Marduk-

Electromagnetic Vehicle in the Rings of Jupiter

Maybe I found something interesting here. I was digging for hours on Nasa´s website searching for old Voyager 1 & 2 images till Voyager 2's P-21779 image cought me by surprise after zooming in and put some filters on it.

Jupiter's rings in a nutshell:

The rings of Jupiter was the third ring system to be discovered in the Solar System, after those of Saturn and Uranus. It was first observed in 1979 by the Voyager 1 space probe. It comprises four main components: a thick inner torus of particles known as the "halo ring"; a relatively bright, exceptionally thin "main ring"; and two wide, thick and faint outer "gossamer rings", named after the moons of whose material they are composed: Amalthea and Thebe. The narrow and relatively thin main ring is the brightest part of Jupiter's ring system. Its outer edge is located at a radius of about 129 000 km. The properties of the main ring can be explained by the hypothesis that it contains significant amounts of dust. The dust is constantly being removed from the main ring by a combination of Poynting–Robertson drag and electromagnetic forces from the Jovian magnetosphere.

However, larger bodies are required to explain the strong back-scattering and fine structure in the bright outer part of the main ring. The age of the main ring is currently unknown.

Interesting side note:
In 1973, during a remote viewing session of the planet Jupiter and Jupiter's moons, Ingo Swann saw that Jupiter has rings like Saturn. Swann's statement that Jupiter had planetary rings was controversial at the time.

The Voyager probes later confirmed the existence of the rings.

Okay...here we go:

Voyager 2's image labeled P-21779

This image of Jupiter's rings was taken by Voyager 2 looking back towards Jupiter from inside its shadow one day after its flyby in 1979. The thin jovian ring makes up the two orange lines to the left of the image. The blue and red arc is the limb of Jupiter, backlit by the Sun. The lower ring is cut short by Jupiter's shadow. The image was produced from two images taken through the orange and violet filters from a distance of almost 1.5 million km. Jupiter is 71,500 km in radius and north is at 11:00. (Voyager 2, P-21779) High resolution tif file (5.6 Mb)

On the first image I squared out the area of interest and in the second image I zoomed in and marked out some details in reference to Norm Bergrun´s book "Ringmakers of Saturn". The third image is a negative of the second image.

1.Image

2.Image

3.Image

Cheers
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm » by Cornbread714

This deserves a bump since our boy Marduk's work has been recognized by a leader in the field, and no one here even noticed the thread, myself included...

Congrats, Marduk! :cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:21 pm » by Theyrecomming

Nice :flop:
:)

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm » by Seahawk

cornbread714 wrote:This deserves a bump since our boy Marduk's work has been recognized by a leader in the field, and no one here even noticed the thread, myself included...

Congrats, Marduk! :cheers:

To which thread are you referring to, CB? I wanna see, too! :P

Congrats, Marduk! Sweet!
:cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:37 pm » by Punjedi

Quick question Marduk?

Using the large .tif file you provided a link to I was checking the image out as well.

My question is. Considering environment, possible damage to the lens, and any other items that could be caught, how did you determine that the craft was anything different from the other
points of light and linear markings?

The area you refer to is the largest image, and I have enhanced the other areas in the image that I am talking about.

Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 pm » by Ghost32

Excellent Post!

:ghost: 32

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm » by Cornbread714

Personally, I have my doubts that there are giant craft 10s of 1000s of kilometers long creating and maintaining the rings around our distant neighboring planets, but it's a cool and intriguing theory with some fairly compelling evidence to back it up, and I'm a sucker for crackpot theories - the more obscure, the better (I never got into Sitchin, though, for instance - Velikovsky and this kind of stuff is more to my taste).

Anyway, Hawk, this is the thread I was referring to - Marduk sent his findings to someone prominent in the field and got a response, but maybe I should let him tell the story...

Maybe he'll show up later...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 pm » by Stone069

AWESOME find, very interesting. When was Marduk recognized because I was totally unaware of that and this thread. Kudos to Marduk!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 pm » by Seahawk

Ah, got it. Thanks. I'm interested in the response. I hope Mar will share it with us.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 am » by Smokeydog

oooh bump i wanna hear this :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Next