Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm » by *WillEase*

domdabears wrote:And there's nothing harmful about Ecigs.

I beg to differ sir...
WillEase666 wrote:
Electronic Cigarettes were first popularized as a safer way of nicotine intake. While Electronic Cigarette consumption is safer than having actual cigarettes filled with tobacco, they are not really a total safe option.

Read on to know about some of the main Electronic Cigarette dangers.

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/elect ... fects.html

Looking forward to Sunday's game? Adrian Peterson is looking pretty good. :scary:

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:15 pm » by Spock

domdabears wrote:Let me know if you need help with flavors and stuff. I'll walk you through everything.

Thanks Dom - gonna order these now.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:22 pm » by Spock

Those look just like the Blu that I had

Watching this now...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 pm » by Spikey

Spock wrote:Which e-cigs do you guys suggest? (I realize the OP was just a one time spammer, but I'm interested in this).

I purchase "Blu" about 2 years ago, and they didn't yield much of a vapor and the battery was crap, not to mention not enough nicotine, but I have heard many success stories, I just want to really trust that the next product I purchase will not be a waste of money.

I wish I could sample different brands to see which one I like best.

Hi Spock.

I would advise anyone thinking of switching from tobacco to vaping to spend a little time on vaping forums.

There is a fair amount of terminology and slang to get to grips with, and for the first couple of weeks, expect to be confused...often.

Then like most things that seem complicated initially, it all seems to slot into place and make sense.

If you're in the UK (even if you're not) a good forum is this:

http://ukvapers.org/

Lot's of sections from 'Newbie' with loads of advice, equipment / juice reviews, vendor and member sales of new and used gear, diy sections, and a lot more besides...it's worth hanging around and reading up on gear and different options you can choose.

The recomendations for those dipping their toes into the vaping scene, usually end up being 'buy an Ego kit'...which is good advice.

You can buy an Ego kit for a relatively low amount of money, or you can pay absolutely silly money for a top of the range, all electronic (as opposed to manual) 'mod' after you decide this vaping lark is brilliant!

An Ego kit will usually come complete with everything you need; A 3.7V Lithium Ion battery (or often two batteries) a charger, some 'devices' to attach to the battery (the device can be anything that serves to vapourise the liquid, by means of a resistance coil heated by the battery) and sometimes a small bottle of ejuice)

The batteries on the cheap, supermarket 'cig-a-like' jobbies are pitifully bad, lasting only about an hour at the most...an Ego battery of say 1000mah, should last half a day or more depending on how much use it gets.

The easiest 'device' (to screw onto the battery) to use first time out, is a thin stainless tube called 'a cartomizer'.

This is the business end of an ecig or mod, and it is where both the liquid goes and also houses the resistance coil that vapourises it.

It's easy to use, reliable and each cartomiser (cartomiZer if in the USA) can last up a week, although are normally disposed of and a fresh one used after about 3or 4 days use.

A pack of 5 cartomisers cost (from online retailers here in the UK) around £5.00. A 30ml bottle of ejuice, in any one of hundreds of different flavours and nicotine strengths (from nicotine free 0mg- 36mg nicotine for around £8.00...30 ml of juice can last up to 10 days for most people...so retail costs are about £10 - £15 a week depending on how much you decide to vape.

I've been a member of UKVapers for as long as i've been vaping, you can't go wrong asking 'newbie' questions, or anything you think of as a 'silly question' isn't regarded as such by our members...we all had to start at the beginning, so we understand how confusing the myriad of choices of 'devices' (like a cartomiser) and all the rest of it...don't worry, we're a friendly bunch and are happy to help.

If you decide to go ahead, you'll probably be like i was...extremely doubtful about ecigs and their ability to allow me to ditch the weed, whether they actually work as a viable and much healthier substitute for tobacco...and me, my wife, my extended family, and thousands of others i read and post to agree...ecigs aren't just a viable and satisfying replacement for cigarettes...they are much better in all departments than tobacco ever was....it's like comparing the kitty hawk with a harrier jump jet in my opinion.

Go and have a read on that site (there are loads more forums out there), and message me if you want any more info or advice...i'm happy to help.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:28 pm » by Kinninigan

my concern with "e-cigerettes" is if made from plastic they could be just as toxic as smoke from real cigarettes if they heat up enough
http://www.disclose.tv/media/list/user/Kinninigan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 pm » by Spock

Good stuff Spikey. My main concern with dishing out more money is that this time I want to make sure I get something that really provides a good exhale and hit. The Blu was just weak and I think I paid around $75 - $100 for the kit.

I'm wondering if I need one of those ecigs that look more like a pipe then a cigarette.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm » by Spikey

Bleever wrote:you guys can quit and walk away. 12/20/12 will be my one year anniversary. if i can do it so can you, promise. for me the trick was to get past the 6 month mark. when i first quit, i would have dreams of smoking...then as time went on it got better. i remember after the 6th month mark, i had a dream and i went to light up a smoke and i put it down.

granted i gained 25 lbs this year, however, come this 12/20/12 my next goal is to loose the 25 lbs.

you gotta find the peace within yourself and be ok with who you are.

If you'd had switched to vaping instead of going cold turkey, you wouldn't have put on any weight...it's the nicotine in cigarettes that supress appetite...and nicotine is of course, in eliquid which continues to act to supress hunger but without the rubbish and poison in tobacco.

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:45 pm » by gavmar

make one with liquid THC and I would buy one!

Propylene Glycol THC Tincture

I've had a M 401 personal Vaporizer for 2 weeks now and i been messin with some ways to make a tincture on my own this is so far the best method i have come up with , here goes.

take about a half to 3/4 pound of <insert grass of choice here> i used cheap schwag as to not waste TOO much $$$ if this was a failure.

into a pint of Propylene Glycol in a pot on the stove. you want to break up your grass as much as you can and toss it into the PG

now this is key. put your stove on the LOWEST setting electric or flame . if flame make sure the flames are as small as they can be without turning off.

cover and let heat for . oh 6-8 hours or so may take more or less time depending on stove.

when the PG stops darkening this means it is no longer absorbing anything so u may as well stop.

insert into blender and puree the crap out of it.
now get some cheesecloth, a towel will work but you really want to have cheesecloth for this.

after your puree has cooled pour into cheesecloth and do your thing.. twist and twist and wring out all the liquid into a bowl

at this stage if you want to toke in public go ahead and add some peppermint oil. itll make it smell like menthol. add enough to hide the ganja smell. i used like half of a 5ml bottle

now you have two things. a shitload of THC tincture to smoke in E- cigarettes and a brick of hash
you cant afaik extract ALL the THC theres still a bit left so u can smoke this when its dryed or as i did use in brownies ^^ yum

as for the tincture. put into your vaporizers and enjoy a small public high. now i used schwag so this wasnt good for GETTING high FAST. but good for keeping it going. but im sure if you use a better quality (which i will try soon and post results here) youll get a better high

been smoking my tincture for about 4 days in public now. all weekend in bars and clubs at restaraunts ect. even in front of passing cops here in downtown san antonio.

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/417811-propylene-glycol-thc-tincture-recipe-me.html

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:47 pm » by Spikey

Spock wrote:Good stuff Spikey. My main concern with dishing out more money is that this time I want to make sure I get something that really provides a good exhale and hit. The Blu was just weak and I think I paid around $75 - $100 for the kit.

I'm wondering if I need one of those ecigs that look more like a pipe then a cigarette.

With the greatest respect to Dom, i wouldn't touch those V2 things with a barge pole.

They might work for some people, but from what i've learnt the majority don't get on with them at all.

And just having a look at that V2 site, shows me instantly, they are REALLY overcharging...their prices are way, way North of what i'd expect to pay for a 'cig-a-like' (ecig that tries to look like an analogue cigarette).

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/5-electronic-cigarette-starter-kits

This shows some starter kits on a UK site i go to...start from £20 (about $30?)

In the US, this site has a good rep.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=179&zenid=dc31b933f7cc60560991ae5e023fcbba

They too sell starter kits, and a lot more too.

I would certainly advise against any ecig that tries to look like a cigarette though...IMO, they're the bottom of the pile, and turn more people off than on..plus, a constant reminder of cigarettes (because they try to imitate one) isn't a good idea, when you're going to ditch them!

A picture speaks a thousand words, so i recommend spending an hour or so just browsing ecig websites, to get a feel for what is being talked about on ecig forums.

You're right to be cautious with your purchases Spock...if you buy the wrong one, or one that is a bit rubbish, it can turn you off wonderful ecigs.

Glad to help Spock, good luck mate.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm » by Spock

Thanks - studying it now.

My preferences aren't much. I just want to have a good exhale of vapor (a convincing one) and the menthol taste, and nicotine. I will have one of these ordered before I leave work today.

PreviousNext