Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 am » by Kaarmaa

Jetski wrote:Where's Kaarmaa Daarmaa, surely her Volcano Kit has arrived.??? :think:

Hello vaping friend :hiho:
My volcano kit arrived december 19th, the v-pack is cool, the batteries last for about 2 hours and the menthol cartridges weren't as tasty as I expected.
While I waited for my delivery I ordered an other e-cig frome a french site, I ordered dec 18th and it arrived dec 24th...that was the real xmas celebration for me this year! My first EgoT with a 1000mah battery and a stardust clearomizer. Here's my new friend (but mine is all red :love: ) Image
My juices are cherry, banana and some ice-menthol without nicotine. I also bought some extra clearomizers just to try them and surprise...they fit perfectly the small volcano battery!

This means no more smoking for me since december 24th...and I don't even want a cigarette. I already have noticed some change, I breathe better, I sleep better, I smell better...and no more Febreeze bottles per week. Even my cats like the vapor.

A funny thing happend on christmas. We were invited and had dinner in the garden.
Usually I have to hide after dinner to get my smoke so the elders won't give me the "it's bad for you" speach. To do so I go deeper into the garden and hide behind a tree...in mosquito land, the place where every puff hurts and itches. But not this year. This year I went to...the bathroom! Inside the house! I was standing there in front of the mirror, vaping and thinking "F***you all and merry christmas!" :mrgreen:

Jetski, The usb charger has a very very small led, when I stick it in my pc it's downwards so look closely. It takes about 20 minutes to charge my small battery.

Vaping makes Kaarmaa very happy :sunny:
:cheers:

Initiate

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm » by Jetski

Kaarmaa wrote:
Jetski wrote:Where's Kaarmaa Daarmaa, surely her Volcano Kit has arrived.??? :think:

Hello vaping friend :hiho:
My volcano kit arrived december 19th, the v-pack is cool, the batteries last for about 2 hours and the menthol cartridges weren't as tasty as I expected.
While I waited for my delivery I ordered an other e-cig frome a french site, I ordered dec 18th and it arrived dec 24th...that was the real xmas celebration for me this year! My first EgoT with a 1000mah battery and a stardust clearomizer. Here's my new friend (but mine is all red :love: ) Image
My juices are cherry, banana and some ice-menthol without nicotine. I also bought some extra clearomizers just to try them and surprise...they fit perfectly the small volcano battery!

Hi there my Vaping buddy.. :D

:o WOW!! Very very nice! :flop:

This means no more smoking for me since december 24th...and I don't even want a cigarette. I already have noticed some change, I breathe better, I sleep better, I smell better...and no more Febreeze bottles per week. Even my cats like the vapor.

A funny thing happend on christmas. We were invited and had dinner in the garden.
Usually I have to hide after dinner to get my smoke so the elders won't give me the "it's bad for you" speach. To do so I go deeper into the garden and hide behind a tree...in mosquito land, the place where every puff hurts and itches. But not this year. This year I went to...the bathroom! Inside the house! I was standing there in front of the mirror, vaping and thinking "F***you all and merry christmas!" :mrgreen:

:lol: Too Funny.

Jetski, The usb charger has a very very small led, when I stick it in my pc it's downwards so look closely. It takes about 20 minutes to charge my small battery.

:flop: I've noticed the USB Charger does work, but my V.Pack seems to charge the batteries better, they last alot longer when charged on the V.Pack. :flop:

Vaping makes Kaarmaa very happy :sunny:

I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately I cannot. I hadn't had a cigarette all day and on New Years Eve, decided I'd go out and continue to Vape instead of Smoke. Bugger-me-daisies I ended up feeling quite sick all night and the next day and not through drinking too much either. I felt physically sick. I got all those symptoms, Spikey mentioned in his post too. Rash, runny nose even got a bloody pimple, LMAO, something I have not had in years. :nope: Ended up going home at 1.30am which is real early for me when I'm out clubbing. I just could not get into the spirit of things, it was terrible. Lots of people were fascinated with my V.cig though, lol---asking lots of questions etc. Was allowed to Vape in the Clubs---(Yeah, I was the only one doing it :alien51: ).....I felt a tad stupid to be honest and started hiding it and turning away and having sneaky puffs on it. Thing is, I vaped in the nightclub and still went outside with the others whose company I was in cause they were all smokers, so I went outside with them and still vaped. It is most likely why I wasn't feeling too good. Too much vaping is not a good thing, and I do remember reading that somewhere, but oh well, I had to learn the hard way I guess. I am back to smoking and vaping, just taking it slow, very slow. It's like I was having withdrawal symptoms (tobacco), cause the moment I had a smoke I felt fine.

Wonder how our other Vaping buddy (Spock) is getting on. Hope he is fairing better than me, lol.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm » by Elnorel

Kinninigan wrote:make one with liquid THC and I would buy one!

What he said. :flop:

Even better, make it with DMT.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 pm » by Elnorel

WillEase666 wrote:
Electronic Cigarettes were first popularized as a safer way of nicotine intake. While Electronic Cigarette consumption is safer than having actual cigarettes filled with tobacco, they are not really a total safe option.

Read on to know about some of the main Electronic Cigarette dangers.

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/elect ... fects.html

Do you want me to get you a list (cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals) of all the chemicals in the standard cigarette?

Now, choosing possible 1 carcinogen in e-cigs over 33+ which are found in tobacco seems like a GREAT alternative to me.

Oh and WillEase666,.... go to sleep if you dont have something worthwhile to say (most times).
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 pm » by Elnorel

Jetski wrote:I wish I could say the same, but unfortunately I cannot. I hadn't had a cigarette all day and on New Years Eve, decided I'd go out and continue to Vape instead of Smoke. Bugger-me-daisies I ended up feeling quite sick all night and the next day and not through drinking too much either. I felt physically sick. I got all those symptoms, Spikey mentioned in his post too. Rash, runny nose even got a bloody pimple, LMAO, something I have not had in years. :nope: Ended up going home at 1.30am which is real early for me when I'm out clubbing. I just could not get into the spirit of things, it was terrible. Lots of people were fascinated with my V.cig though, lol---asking lots of questions etc. Was allowed to Vape in the Clubs---(Yeah, I was the only one doing it :alien51: ).....I felt a tad stupid to be honest and started hiding it and turning away and having sneaky puffs on it. Thing is, I vaped in the nightclub and still went outside with the others whose company I was in cause they were all smokers, so I went outside with them and still vaped. It is most likely why I wasn't feeling too good. Too much vaping is not a good thing, and I do remember reading that somewhere, but oh well, I had to learn the hard way I guess. I am back to smoking and vaping, just taking it slow, very slow. It's like I was having withdrawal symptoms (tobacco), cause the moment I had a smoke I felt fine.

Wonder how our other Vaping buddy (Spock) is getting on. Hope he is fairing better than me, lol.

If yoou sucked too hard on the ecig (probably have a cheap one) and got into skin contact with the liquid and even consumed some, that may explain your symptoms.

You are suppose to inhale the vapor (ecig liquid when exposed to vaporator heat source changes chemistry and is made safe for consumption).

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm » by Spock

Hey Jetski. I am doing well, I am still alternating as I have not had the willpower to give up my morning cigs with coffee, other than that I am doing very well with the ecigs. The harshness to my lungs is over and I have learned to be satisfied with the vaping experience as opposed to walking outside and "taking a smoke break".

I'm still smoking after meals too, except yesterday I only smoked 1 cigarette after our huge fattening New Years lunch, then vaped the rest of the day.

I have gotten sick too, but it was because I got the eliquid all over my hands when refilling one day. I didn't think about it, so I just sort of wiped my hands with a towel, and did not wash them, a few moments later I got sweaty, racing heart, face flushed and became dizzy and nauseated - classic signs of being "nicotine green". It went away after about 45 minutes, and I have been very careful since.

All in all I am still extremely pleased with eCigs, and do believe this as my bridge away from cigarettes.

Don't give up girl!

Writer

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 pm » by shponglized

Hey guys,
I've been looking into this whole e-cig situation for a while now, but have had a seriously hard time committing due to the shear number of options available out there. I few guys at work have started using them, but when I asked about details it totally went over my head. After having a good read through this forum post I instantly headed to the Volcano site and ordered myself an Inferno Starter pack.

I want to try and quit smoking, and have always thought this to be my best option. I tried going cold turkey about 4 months ago, and lasted about 6hrs. Even my girlfriend told me to just buy a pack since she'd rather me smoke than be a anxious wreck, and she is the one that I am quitting for (well, for both of us).

Should be here in a couple of days (Express Mail from UK to Denmark, I hate waiting for orders on new toys :) ), so thanks all for a good discussion on this subject and helping make a decission I shouldn't regret.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm » by Spock

Awesome Shpong! You will be pleased with the nicotine, throat hit and vapor output. I'm vaping right now in my office at work.

Writer

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 am » by shponglized

Volcano Inferno has arrived! About to unbox and set it up. :)

Initiate

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 pm » by Arella

This is what i use and its very good ta.

Upload to Disclose.tv

PreviousNext