Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 02, 2013 7:25 am » by Aragajag

You guys have made another convert to ecigs. I just got my Volcano Inferno here today, juices Pure Tobacco 16mg, Kona Coffee 16mg and Vanilla Bean 16mg. Only tried the tobacco one so far and it does feel like a ciggy hit in the throat and lungs, even got nicotine spins after puffing to much.
Am going to order more stuff in the next day or two so I dont run out, it took two weeks to get to QLD Aust.
Cheers for the info input from everyone.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

PostSun Nov 10, 2013 5:31 am » by richardberezewski

By isolating nicotine, e-cigarettes should carry far fewer chemical risks than regular cigarettes. I have read a reviews and ecig is more safe that smoking cigarettes

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 10, 2013 5:43 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 5:13 pm » by davetv

Kaarmaa wrote:@Jetski

I just returned on the Volcano website and noticed that the starter kits aren't the same on the US version of the website. I ordered from Volcano UK, there's a 35£ kit that doesn't exist in the states. And it seems that the cartomizers are cheaper to buy in the US (which is logic, they fabricate them).
I'm watching YTvideos on vaping...it's like watching your friends play outside while you're grounded :cry:

Its simple, one site is for the UK, and one site is for the USA! As Google use different algorithms. But I wouldn't use them to be honest I didn't get on with them! I used a supplier once called http://www.cloudcig.co.uk/product-category/starter-kits/ and they were the worst brand I've ever used! I personally stick with vapeescape.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 6:27 pm » by Thebluecanary

I'm thinking about getting one of these things. Not because I want to 100% switch over, though if I could that would probably be good, but because I'm going to NYC soon and you can't fucking smoke ANYWHERE there even on the street is my understanding.

I have in the past used a Blu, but I found that it does not draw like a real cigarette and is therefore unsatisfying. Also, I have yet to find an e-cig that isn't really heavy and impossible to hold in the mouth while doing something like a real cigarette.

My fear is, I'll switch over, and then they'll make the damn things illegal. They're already talking about it here…because of the CHILDREN, don't you know. (That means, because of the lost tax revenue from all the smokers that are switching over to vaping.)
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 7:33 pm » by Spock

It's tough Blue. I am very pleased with the output of the Volcano e-Cig, my problem is that I have gotten a bunch of 16mg liquids, and they are difficult for me to inhale. When I attempted this back when this thread started, 16mg was good for me, I had 24mg too, and 24 was way too strong. The stronger the nicotine, the harder the cough, until you get use to a "wet" inhale (from and e-cig) from a dry inhale (from a regular cigarette).

I will say though, that once you find the level you are capable of inhaling, which is 12mg for me right now, you will enjoy it. No - it is not like a cigarette as far as action, yet, if you can just think of it sort of like a hookah it will work. Sitting in an office puffing - great, riding on a road trip - great. But like so many of us smokers, much of the lure of our addiction is the quick escape.

The end result of the e-cig would be to go down in nicotine strength, to the point of just the solution itself - then quitting. However the hardest part of any addiction to kick is not the substance itself, it's the ritual of it.

I wish you luck, and I would persuade you to purchase a Volcano e-Cig like mine, simply because I know it works, and I know the output is what you would expect as opposed to Blu, which I tried too and they SUCK.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 pm » by Thebluecanary

Spock wrote:
I wish you luck, and I would persuade you to purchase a Volcano e-Cig like mine, simply because I know it works, and I know the output is what you would expect as opposed to Blu, which I tried too and they SUCK.

Yeah, I bought the Blu because it was supposedly the only one made in the USA and I was concerned about inhaling into my lungs something that was made in China. But it was a big letdown. I'll research the Volcano. I've got to do something. Realistically, I've been playing the smoking lotto since I was 14…and I'm not getting any younger so my odds of health problems seem to be increasing. I do enjoy the escape and the ritual. But I don't smoke in the house, and on nights when it's 14 degrees out that "smoke break" isn't much of a break. :) It would be nice to have something that I could puff on while sitting on the couch under my blankie without making the house reek.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 9:31 pm » by Spock

You those nights on the couch - I love Volcano Blueberry. Matter of fact, the fruits are my favorite. It's a little bit of a mind shift when it comes to vaping. I originally thought to look for menthol tobacco flavors, but it's sort of a different animal. So I got onto the coffee flavors, and I liked them, but the fruits really captivated me, and Blueberry has become my very favorite - and it smells great to non smokers.

Anyway - this is the one I got - the Volcano Inferno...

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 11:26 pm » by Thebluecanary

Spock wrote:You those nights on the couch - I love Volcano Blueberry. Matter of fact, the fruits are my favorite. It's a little bit of a mind shift when it comes to vaping. I originally thought to look for menthol tobacco flavors, but it's sort of a different animal. So I got onto the coffee flavors, and I liked them, but the fruits really captivated me, and Blueberry has become my very favorite - and it smells great to non smokers.

Anyway - this is the one I got - the Volcano Inferno...

I went online and looked at the Inferno…that seems like the type of model I'd need, being a relatively heavy smoker and having felt dissatisfied with the draw of the Blu. I tried my dad's V2 ecig, which is more expensive and nicer than the Blu but still made to look like a real cigarette, and had the same experience; the draw is just not hot enough or thick enough. Its not much more satisfying than sucking on a straw or a lollypop.

Today while I was at the tobacco store buying smokes (I smoke organic American Spirits, because I tell myself it's healthier) I played with a similar type of ecig. It felt very heavy and cumbersome. Do you find that the Inferno is the same? It felt like holding a mini-flashlight. Also, the kid at the store said the clearamizers (the part that the juice goes in??) need to be replaced once a month. Is that true in your experience? They do sell some delightful juice blends there, including different types of tobacco flavor as well as yummy food-like flavors that I don't think I'd like but would be willing to try to see. One bottle of juice = a carton of cigs, and costs between 6 and 12 dollars, plus around 50 for the ecig (their version) but the clearamizers are 15 bucks so if I'm replacing that once a month plus buying a bottle of juice a week…I'm actually probably not saving much.

Also, the kid at the store said that you have to pretty much store the thing upright (around your neck, or in a shirt pocket or something) or it will leak juice. Like, I couldn't toss it in the front pocket of my purse with my phone like a pack of smokes, according to him. Is that your experience? Does your Inferno leak?
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 pm » by Spock

I have only changed my tube once since I have had it, and I still have the old one. I had a bad batch of flavor. You can clean the tube in microwaved hot water - then let it dry - I did that a few times before I decided to get a couple of spares.

As far as keeping it around your neck - no, hell no. I keep all my shit in a cheap lunch box, and keep my Inferno in my computer bag.

Think of it as a hookah, without the massive bowl and hoses. It's a different mental vibe, but one good enough and bizarre enough to switch addictions to (if you're heart is into leaving tobacco). It's great to not have to run outside in the blistering cold to smoke.

I want to switch totally, but as of January 1, my company switched to a No Smoking campus so I am sucking on Nicorette logenzes, and when I get in my car to leave, I huff on my "analog" cigs.

Whatever works. If I had the head-place to go there, like I did before, I hope to switch over again.

The problem, ultimately is not with the e-cig, but with the addiction to cigarette ritual.

PreviousNext