Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 08, 2014 4:43 pm » by One-23

So I did it, 30 yrs without missing a single day of smoking. 2 days into giving up and it's taking its toll on me. Going to keep at it. Fingers crossed.

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 3:19 pm » by lllSpocklll

Haven't had a cigarette in 3 weeks (on Monday) thanks to e-cigs!

I don't miss cigarettes at all. What it took was finding out what was right for me using e-cigs. I finally learned that the e-cig juice I was using had too much nicotine and that was why it was so harsh on my lungs. Too much nicotine can make you cough up a birds nest, or feel like your first massive bong hit.

I ended up learning about VG and PG and their mixture with flavor and nicotine and found through experimenting found out that 6mg of nicotine was perfect for me - blended with 50% to 75% VG and the rest PG.

I got this tube/atomizer called the Aspire Atlantis, which is powerful enough to burn 100% VG (which is thicker than PG and gives more exhaled fog), and attached it to a ZEN~ ZNA 50 watt Mod (or battery unit). I keep mine set at 30 watts.

My favorite flavor is called "Balls Out" Fog Fluid which is made by a small distributor called "Wacky Vapes". It tastes like cereal with a hint of lemon, although there is no lemon in it. Anyone that vapes, this flavor IS A MUST TRY!!! All 3 of their flavors are off the hook and they have a new one coming out called Muff Diver. I talked with the guy that makes the stuff on Facebook and he said they thought about calling it "Mouth Full of Children".

Without smoking, my taste has started to come back - I've noticed that everything is SALTY AS HELL. Also, I don't hack and cough in the mornings, no phlegm or wheezing lungs. And, there is only 1 step down from 6mg nicotine to 3mg, then to 0mg.

The awesome thing is, none of those other chemicals in cigarettes which are more harmful and addictive than nicotine, have a stranglehold on me. It's those additives which keep someone so hooked. Other than that the addiction in 99% mental. I feel as I have made it through the tough period and broken all the rituals I had associated with cigarettes. Now I have new rituals associated with vaping of course.

And here's the set-up I use... I'm officially a Vape-Geek now.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 26, 2014 10:19 pm » by Crunchy

welcome to the world of vaping lllSpocklll :flop:
your still going to go through the lung clearing phase at some point if you have not already
and then there is the dreaded vapers tongue which is not really dread but a pain
when you cant taste your juice. .... spicy food helps ! for me at least, i used to avoid spicy stuff when i smoked but now i just cant get enough of the stuff 8-)

i cant believe ive not seen this thread before though.
ive been vaping since the end of may 2014 and was a smoker for 30 years, i started on a blu starter
pack, which worked for a week and only had a few analogs in that time, but then the cost of refills
and the battery life made me get a refillable ce4 ego style which was many times better ... didnt touch any more cigarettes after that, but eventually after looking into the subject i switched to an itaste mvp2 with
a mini nautalus since september which has been great but im in a one up war with a guy at work (who i got to start vaping) so im about to go with the aspire atlantis kit myself :P .... the tech is even more addicting than cigarettes LOL ... but seeing as im saving about £100 a month not smoking its not really that expensive.... a tip dont watch indoorsmokers on youtube you might end up changing your kit again ! :lol:

we have quite a few vaping shops in my town now too which is great so there is no need to get everything online, one shop ive just started to use is cheaper than online too .... for my replacement coils and juice
and they do custom mixes so if i want more vg i can get it which is great as i do find the higher pg mixes give me muscle ache's.

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 1:09 am » by One-23

Crunchy wrote: the tech is even more addicting than cigarettes LOL ...

I have to agree Crunchy, The tech is part of the addiction. So many variables and end results.

Its been nearly 1yr since one of those dreaded analogues have touched my lips. The vaping scene has got me by the short and curlies :D

I've gone through the usual transgression.. pen style disposables, ego batts, mech mods, clearos etc.

Found my vape with RDA's and vv/vw .. much prefer dripping to tanks.

All to their own though.

Although I'm waiting on "Big Dripper V2" which is the best of both worlds

P.S. I swear by the China clones as long as you have a good supplier :flop: :cheers:

For those who are starting out and those who are seasoned vets, you cant go wrong with visiting

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ ( I know its technically spamming ) but its for a good cause

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 3:50 am » by lllSpocklll

Yea - I've heard the China clones of the ZNA are great, you can watch reviews of them on You-Tube. I only spent $100 for mine and it's a clone, comes in a ZEN~ ZNA box, just doesn't say ZNA on the mod itself. Works like a charm.

I'm really impressed with this Atlantis Aspire - I purchased 2, 1 as a backup just in case ($30 each). Also got 15 replacement atomizers, and burned one out on another mod.

Because of battery usage, I traded in my ZNA for a God Mod 180. HOLY SHIT that thing was too damn strong. I had to cut my nicotine down to 3, and put it on 10 watts and still it was harsh as hell. Plus, the unit (which holds 3 batteries) looks like something you'd call in air strikes with.

I took it back the next day and got back my ZNA. I just keep a battery charger at work and one at home, and always keep an extra fully charged battery with me. Not a hassle; I prefer the size and feel of the ZNA as opposed to a walkie talkie.

As well, I get most of my juices mixed locally. They have concocted a flavor very close to Balls Out. I'll get a 100ml bottle of that for $25 and drain half of it into an empty bottle, ad in 15 ml of Balls out to each (from a 30 ml bottle) and it works great. I have them mix it for me at 75% VG as the PG tends to irritate my throat a little and I enjoy the extra thick clouds the VG produces.

I'm all about the custard and sweet flavors. The Balls Out clone is called Loopy and based off Fruit Loops cereal. Another one I love is called Skywalker - it's a vanilla custard and Captain Crunch cereal mix. They also have a Resees cereal I have not tried yet. The straight up menthol is great too - very refreshing and goes great with a tall glass of ice cold water and a peppermint.

Here's the God Mod 180 I had for less than 24 hours.

As far as vapors tongue - I think I may be going through that now and for the past day or so. Flavors aren't as vibrant as at first. I figured it was just me getting use to my mixtures or my taste buds becoming normal - glad to know it's temporary.

As far as dripping, I can't see me ever being someone that would get into that. I can understand the lure, as you said it's addictive just putting your gear together and trying new set-ups. But the thought of having to drip every 5 to 7 hits would drive me nuts. So I'll stick with tubes.

Initiate

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 10:40 am » by Disclosed

I feel like I have been here long enough to give a cheap plug for myself.

I have my own e-juice / e-liquid shop at http://deluxeejuice.com

We offer 70 different flavors all hand crafted in the USA using USP Kosher ingredients.

Free shipping on all orders!

Cheap plug over - thank you!
what it means to become a magi: building up a resistance to the bullshit. samuelthemule

Initiate

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 11:31 am » by lllSpocklll

Disclosed wrote:I feel like I have been here long enough to give a cheap plug for myself.

I have my own e-juice / e-liquid shop at http://deluxeejuice.com

We offer 70 different flavors all hand crafted in the USA using USP Kosher ingredients.

Free shipping on all orders!

Cheap plug over - thank you!

Excellent man! I'll check you out. I've wondered if opening an E-Store would be worth my while, but there are so many of them where I live already. The initial investment would be nothing compared to other start-ups.

Our moderater The Duck has a store as well.

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 11:58 am » by One-23

lllSpocklll wrote:Our moderater The Duck has a store as well.

Do you know what his web addy is, might check it out with him being UK based too :cheers:

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostSat Dec 27, 2014 9:05 pm » by Crunchy

lllSpocklll wrote:As far as vapors tongue - I think I may be going through that now and for the past day or so. Flavors aren't as vibrant as at first. I figured it was just me getting use to my mixtures or my taste buds becoming normal - glad to know it's temporary.

yea it can be a pain ..... it can last a few days or even a few weeks .... more info online
1 tip though apart from the spicy food is to switch to a different flavor juice or even go menthol type

its not a problem with your tongue though its actually your nose senses that are part of how you taste things
its overloaded and freaking out being actually able to taste things again :lol:
you can see this is the case .... when you draw from your vaporizer draw the vapor over the tip of your tongue you can taste the flavour (if its a sweet juice)

Initiate

PostSun Dec 28, 2014 4:36 am » by othelzer

Bleever wrote:you guys can quit and walk away. 12/20/12 will be my one year anniversary. if i can do it so can you, promise. for me the trick was to get past the 6 month mark. when i first quit, i would have dreams of smoking...then as time went on it got better. i remember after the 6th month mark, i had a dream and i went to light up a smoke and i put it down.

granted i gained 25 lbs this year, however, come this 12/20/12 my next goal is to loose the 25 lbs.

you gotta find the peace within yourself and be ok with who you are.

hey I know how to lose about 25 lbs!

quit 5 years

PreviousNext