Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm » by Spikey

No problem.

My requirements are similar to yours. I wanted convincing exhale vapour (i called it smoke at first) and i good and strong throat nicotine hit, which i get with my setup.

I have a few mods, one expensive electronic all singing and dancing jobbie i ordered from your part of the world, and a relatively cheap, battery and button only, fairly low tech one for the car...in all honesty, the electronic one is my favourite as i can raise and lower the voltage (and watts) delivered to whatever i have attached as 'the business end' to vapourise the juice, which allows me to choose low resistance, medium or high resistance cartomisers (different resistances means more vapour, more flavour, both or a choice of the two), it also allows me to test and measure the res of a device with a built in Ohm meter, set the voltage, check battery life etc.)

Having said that, my basic mod holds it's own too...great to use when you don't want to damage your main mod at work, or play.

Most new vapers choose a fairly low nicotine strength of juice...i would advise the other way around...start high and lower it if you need to...this way, you'll avoid under dosing, and you won't get nicotine cravings.

I started with 18mg strength, but quickly raised this up to 24mg or 26mg...which is fine for me. My sister-in-law on the other hand, has zero (0mg) nicotine juice and she's happy as larry with that.

But yeah, i hear you on the lots of vapour and throat hit thing. More or less, the higher the nicotine level, the greater the throat hit...but it does depend on what you're using to vapourise it too though.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 pm » by Danarmstrong

Hey Spock - I rarely post on this site, but come here often. Guess I am a lurker as you guys call us.

I tried vaping for the first time in 2009 with the Blu. It sucked. Like breathing air, nothing like a cigarette and batteries die quick. Like you, I didnt want to waste more money. and started smoking again.

In the last 6 months I bought a Kgo Slb for like $49.95 for the kit, basically 2 complete e cigs. 1100 mah batteries. They say for every 100 mah it will last roughly an hour. I was able to quit smoking with this unit once I found the right juice.
I can say screw the cartomizers with the cotton looking filling in them, I use a Viva Nova tank with a coil at the top, holds 2.8 ml of juice w the new Ego Twist 1100 mah battery. Like someone mentioned, you can crank the voltage and choose the ohms of the coil to suit your taste. I can tell you, with this set up you will cough.

It took me a long time to find a juice I could smoke all day that didnt start tasting like chemicals, is that a word? LOL

Then I found aroma e juice's DK-Tab, reminded me of a marlboro, but all of us have different pallets, you may think it tastes like shit and I love it.

The hot rod of the vaping world is the Pro-Vari which we all want one. It runs $150 US. Check it out, nice device.
Sorry for the rant, but I always want everyone I know to keep trying at vaping, because when you get the right equipment, you will never touch another cigarette. and you can smoke anywhere. I vape in the Dr's office while I wait and he never noticed. We call it stealth vaping.
Good Luck
Dan - I am no way a rep for any of the e cig people, but if you want some sites to check out let me know.
Not the best pic, but this is my Viva Nova, It makes the flavor so much better than the ones with cottony filler.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 pm » by domdabears

Spock wrote:Good stuff Spikey. My main concern with dishing out more money is that this time I want to make sure I get something that really provides a good exhale and hit. The Blu was just weak and I think I paid around $75 - $100 for the kit.

I'm wondering if I need one of those ecigs that look more like a pipe then a cigarette.

Just get a couple batteries from V2 and some blank cartridges. A charger too.

Then the liquid from vapors heaven.

You'll end up spending less money on liquid than you do on smokes.

And this shit isn't plastic.

This stuff is NOT harmful.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:12 pm » by domdabears

This should be your order.

http://www.v2cigs.com/products/electron ... rette-kits

http://www.v2cigs.com/products/blank-ecig-cartridges

(Use a promo code and will be cheaper) SOFLA15 or SOFLA10

This is menthol (I think you said you smoke menthol)
http://www.vaporsheaven.com/Menthol_p/cj-menthol.htm

I'd get the 30ML and the strength x-low, because it's harsh.

I have this, and it's great. It never needs to charge because it's hooked up via USB.
http://www.v2cigs.com/products/usb-e-cig

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 pm » by Dagnamski

Had my legs operated on just a week ago with varacusituses.

1st day in hospital gave up...
2nd day op....
3rd day out......

Been on 40 a day for the last 10 years, ran a bar, drunk myself to nearly death, rock n roll bands etc.

It's all shit, all you need is a reason.

Day 12 now, still going well, not too much booze eithr etc.

I really have learnt to hate the smell. You have to have that reason or hate in you because the rest is too easy and pleasurable until if fucks you up! :cry:

But i did like it!

Giving up with a friend or partner helps.

Used no patches, gum, electro shit etc. You have to out con your brain and take no substitute otherwise the nicotine will get you again.

After 3 days the chemicals are out of your blood, so you have no craving except psyche.

Well thats my 2p.
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:01 pm » by Spock

Danarmstrong wrote:Dan - I am no way a rep for any of the e cig people, but if you want some sites to check out let me know.
Not the best pic, but this is my Viva Nova, It makes the flavor so much better than the ones with cottony filler.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think I am interested in something that looks like that. I just went to the Ahlusion website and they are sold out, anything comparable, it can be more expensive then that, hell it's worth it.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 pm » by Spock

Think I'm going to try this Volcano Inferno kit...

$80 but found a 10% off first order coupon kit

Any advice on this?

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 pm » by Naranja

I seldom smoke from a bong, because i like to smoke joints, I smoke cigarettes because I like to smoke, I DONT pseudo-smoke from a plastic straw, because its retarded.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm » by Naranja

Spock wrote:Think I'm going to try this Volcano Inferno kit...

Any advice on this?

Oh they made it matte black with streched metal on and calls it inferno so you will think that its for men.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 11:05 pm » by Spock

Naranja wrote:
Spock wrote:Think I'm going to try this Volcano Inferno kit...

Any advice on this?

Oh they made it matte black with streched metal on and calls it inferno so you will think that its for men.

Yes, and I just got it.

I got the silver one, to match my car.

I got it to ween me from cigs, but mostly, because it WILL MAKE ME LOOK AWESOME!

and all the women will be like...

PreviousNext