Vaping vs. Smoking: The E-Cigarette thread. (Renamed)

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm » by steamlite

If you like e-cigarette smokers, possibilities that you don't know how this item works and how it is different from the conventional tobacco. A sensible customer know the primary information about the item which he is using so that he can appreciate its benefits. When you are purchased e-cigarette, you must be sure you are no longer in the black as to the benefits it has over the conventional tobacco.
Sometime,when you are purchased E cigs at shop , you find yourself evaluating it to tobacco. It is accurately that every cigarette smoker should have evaluate the two products when they buy e-cigarette. Through the evaluation ,we can assess which item to choose and which item to decline. So there are some of the significant variations an e-cigarette has from the tobacco.
Before people choose to buy e cigarette, their most common query is:
Are e tobacco safe? To be honest about it, there's not double certainty that when you buy e cigarette, you are resistant to any health hazards. E cigarettes are only around for about ten years, and that's too short a chance to make a formal reasoning of the item.But what can be said with double certainty is that e tobacco are definitely more secure than tobacco. There have been efforts by some organizations to discredit the protection features of e tobacco. But even their own assessments will show that when you buy e-cigarette, you are purchasing an item that is much more secure than tobacco.
Is smoking existing in elestronic cigarettes? The response is both yes and no. E-Liquid used in e tobacco can be purchased in different smoking strong points. But there is zero-nicotine E-Liquid also available. The customer has option to choose if he wants smoking or not. With tobacco, customer have no option.
What's that "smoke" in digital cigarette? As opposed to tobacco, electronic cigarette does not generate smoking. What you see is steam. It's the E-Liquid along with water and other substances that are vaporized as you consume the e-cigarette.

Electronic cigarettes are probably safer than cigarettes. I say "probably" because there has not yet been any long term medical studies on their use. The only evidence on the relative safety of e-cig liquid is either derivative (the ingredients are generally regarded as safe, but have not been studied together in this application) or anecdotal (of thousands of users on e-cig forums, most report improved health after switching, while hardly any report complications). Personally, I can attest to substantially improved health since I stopped using tobacco products and switched to e-cigs. My persistent smokers cough has disappeared, I do not get winded as easily, and my senses of smell and taste have improved.
:pray: :pray:

WillEase666 wrote:Electronic Cigarettes were first popularized as a safer way of nicotine intake. While Electronic Cigarette consumption is safer than having actual cigarettes filled with tobacco, they are not really a total safe option.

Read on to know about some of the main Electronic Cigarette dangers.

Diethylene Glycol
Electronic Cigarettes are found to contain an anti-freeze component known as Diethylene Glycol. It is toxic to humans and can cause health worries on inhalation. This is one of the major Electronic Cigarette side effects.

Toxicity
Other than Diethylene Glycol, e-cigarettes also contain cancer-causing compounds like nitrosamines. If the cigarette accidentally breaks, humans may be exposed to such harmful components.

Bad Marketing
The marketing strategy of e-cigarettes has also come under criticism. Many electronic cigarette brands are being found to offer e-cigarettes in various flavours like mint, orange and chocolate. This can entice smokers as well as non-smokers. This actually promotes smoking rather than curbing it.

Some electronic cigarette juices have caramel and strawberry flavourings that may attract children into smoking.

Nicotine
Health experts argue that electronic cigarettes contain nicotine, the basic element found in cigarettes. In an electronic cigarette liquid nicotine is used. Nicotine is an alkaloid medicine that is harmful for humans. A long drag on the cigarette can make you actually suck some of the liquid nicotine into your mouth. This can be very damaging for health. You have to drag the cigarette slowly for 3-5 seconds, which is not always possible to be careful about.

Tetramethylpyrazine
E-cigarettes also consist of Tetramethylpyrazine. Prolonged exposure to Tetramethylpyrazine can result in brain damage in human beings.

Misuse
There is also a widespread concern that electronic cigarette consumption may promote drug use. There are reports of liquid nicotine being substituted with liquid THC, a popular potent marijuana resin. If electronic cigarette e liquid is replaced with addictive drugs, it can become highly damaging to health. It can cause further breakdown of the health instead of improving it. In any case, electronic cigarettes do not contribute to health.

Cost-Effective
That the electronic cigarette costs less is also a factor that can aid its popularity. Many websites offer these devices at a starting price of about 40 pounds. Cartridge refills are available for less than a pound. This is far lesser than monthly expenditure on actual cigarettes.

Do Electronic Cigarettes cause Cancer?
People often worry whether Electronic Cigarettes give rise to cancer. In electronic cigarette nicotine, flavourings and many other harmful chemicals are used that may have cancerous effects on the body. However, carcinogenic electronic cigarette health risks have not been proved by any study.

Electronic Cigarette Risks for Heart
Electronic cigarette cartridges contain nicotine which can cause heart ailments. Cartridges containing even traces of nicotine can be risky for the health of your heart. The risk can be reduced only by using Electronic Cigarette no nicotine cartridges.

Is Electronic Cigarette Good For You?
It is a fact that no electronic cigarette company is endorsed by any health organization. This is the reason why there has been an effective Electronic Cigarette ban in a number of countries like Canada. While Electronic Cigarettes are less dangerous compared to real cigarettes, they are still a threat to smokers. For an effective removal of smoking habit, it is best to give up smoking completely. It is best not to try to stop smoking with Electronic Cigarettes.

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

http://www.naturalmedicine.com/news/sur ... dangerous/

http://www.smokelessdelite.com/blog/ecigarettesdangers/

http://www.safecig.com/what-is-an-elect ... arette.php

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm » by Kinninigan

make one with liquid THC and I would buy one!
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 pm » by Spikey

I smoked tobacco for over 30 years, at 20 - 30 cigarettes a day.

That's a lot of cigarettes and a lot of money spent too, never mind the damage i have done to my health over the years...but hey, nobody held a gun to my head and ordered me to smoke.

I tried several times to quit smoking, without success. I tried patches, gum, pharma drugs and cold turkey / will power...it wasn't going to happen using these products, which are frankly...rubbish and have about 11% - 20% effectiveness rate, that is, people give up smoking tobacco for 1 year or longer. Vaping with eliquid and e-cigs on the other hand have about an 80% success rate, where people switch from smoking cigarettes to vaping and don't smoke again for a year or more....quite a big difference i'm sure you'll agree.

About a year and a half ago, i experimented with e-cigs or as we like to call it 'Vaping'. (as in vapouriser) and both my wife and i have not smoked a single tobacco product since...we are ex-smokers.

Vaping is vastly superior to smoking, in both terms of choice and satisfaction, but also in terms of being harmless to my health.

OP mentions no studies have been completed into vaping eliquid or ejuice...which isn't accurate.

Italy concluded a year long study into the health effects of vaping eliquid, only recently, and the results are what almost everyone who has ever seriously researched the ingredients of eliquid had expected...eliquid, when vaped, is harmless to human health, and may even have positives that had not originally been thought of.

This isn't the only study that's been done, especially each of the 4 ingredients that make ejuice have been researched extensively.

The main ingredient in ejuice is either vegetable glycerin, or Propylene glycol both of which are in almost every product that we can buy...toothpastes, shampoos, make up, pharmacuiticle drugs, cough syrup, foods...the list is almost endless.

Also, the stuff has been tested for around 60 years, for all manner of different purposes and has been implemented as a hospital disinfectant and antimicrobial shield.

Either PG or VG is atomised and sprayed through the air delivery pipes into operating theatres, to cut down on infections...this stuff is designed to be inhaled, as well as consumed as part of food.

So another benefit of using ejuice, is it can reduce the amount of cold and flu infections, and for those bugs that slip through, the intensity and duration of illness is a lot less that without vaping.

It is not a stretch to say that vaping instead of smoking will probably end up saving my life, or at least extend my time here as opposed to what it would have been if i continued to smoke tobacco.

If you're a smoker...don't be. Vaping gives you everything smoking gives, but without the carcinogenic poisons, tars and toxins that are routinely put into tobacco and cigarettes...you still get nicotine hits (not harmful by itself, unless you eat concentrated amounts), and you still get the hand to mouth action, the inhale/exhale sensations, but as a bonus you also get a massive, massive choice of flavours, strengths, and devices to choose from.

There are no 'second hand smoke' issues with vaping either.

Do yourself a favour and get a decent e-cig, or 'mod'...a cheapy disposable one bought in a petrol station or supermarket aren't really going to impress you..frankly i think they are rubbish...you can buy a decent entry level kit, including juice and batteries, for around 20-30 pounds...very cheap, but still good as a beginners device (mods = variants of ecigs)..

You'll feel healthier in a month or so, after all the toxins from tobacco have oozed from your body..you'll have more energy, more lung capacity and stamina and you'll save money too (after you have bought your vaping gear)...oh yeah, you, your family and your home will no longer stink like a moldy old ashtray either!

Don't give up smoking...switch to vaping instead.
Last edited by Spikey on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm » by Spikey

Kinninigan wrote:make one with liquid THC and I would buy one!

From what i gather, you can buy such a thing as of now...if you live in california or some other forward thinking place, that's where you can buy it...or i hear some people are making their own...food for thought eh?

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm » by Spock

Which e-cigs do you guys suggest? (I realize the OP was just a one time spammer, but I'm interested in this).

I purchase "Blu" about 2 years ago, and they didn't yield much of a vapor and the battery was crap, not to mention not enough nicotine, but I have heard many success stories, I just want to really trust that the next product I purchase will not be a waste of money.

I wish I could sample different brands to see which one I like best.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm » by domdabears

Spock wrote:Which e-cigs do you guys suggest? (I realize the OP was just a one time spammer, but I'm interested in this).

I purchase "Blu" about 2 years ago, and they didn't yield much of a vapor and the battery was crap, not to mention not enough nicotine, but I have heard many success stories, I just want to really trust that the next product I purchase will not be a waste of money.

I wish I could sample different brands to see which one I like best.

V2 Cigs produces the most vapor. http://www.v2cigs.com/

That's what I use.

But I get my juice from vapors heaven because they're cheaper and have a bigger and better flavor variety. http://www.vaporsheaven.com/
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:16 pm » by domdabears

Let me know if you need help with flavors and stuff. I'll walk you through everything.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm » by *WillEase*

Electronic Cigarettes were first popularized as a safer way of nicotine intake. While Electronic Cigarette consumption is safer than having actual cigarettes filled with tobacco, they are not really a total safe option.

Read on to know about some of the main Electronic Cigarette dangers.

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/elect ... fects.html
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 pm » by Bleever

you guys can quit and walk away. 12/20/12 will be my one year anniversary. if i can do it so can you, promise. for me the trick was to get past the 6 month mark. when i first quit, i would have dreams of smoking...then as time went on it got better. i remember after the 6th month mark, i had a dream and i went to light up a smoke and i put it down.

granted i gained 25 lbs this year, however, come this 12/20/12 my next goal is to loose the 25 lbs.

you gotta find the peace within yourself and be ok with who you are.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm » by domdabears

I already quit, so oh well.

And there's nothing harmful about Ecigs.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Next