Encounter with Strange Being in Hawaii

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm » by Drextin

I've looked at this a few times. It's obviously a long exposure of truck drag racing. God knows why. But, if you look at the truck in the foreground (next to the ghost), it looks to have backfired.
This ,to me, looks like either a good alter of smoke or a voidwalker in WoW.

But, this is just a personal opinion.

That's one hell of an observation concrete. I have to say after reading your post and looking at the pic I would go with your conclusion.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm » by Lowsix

concrete wrote:
eaganthorn wrote:
mugenroshi8 wrote:This is what I thought of when I heard the story, and this is something I have experienced personally.

What do you think of the idea that the image here is of a deer? Moves fast and would explain the "ghost" image. Explains why the traffic is all stopped. Explains the shape of the leg.
Just a thought.

I've looked at this a few times. It's obviously a long exposure of truck drag racing. God knows why. But, if you look at the truck in the foreground (next to the ghost), it looks to have backfired.

Trucks dont backfire out of the License plates.
The exhaust pipe is right behind the right rear wheel.
And the trucks not moving. Or racing.

That is nearly a two second exposure (f2.7 SHutter 1.7 seconds..iso400)...the Person is blurred becase they are moving across traffic..the traffic and lights are not streaked bc they are still or very near still..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 5:02 pm » by Eaganthorn

concrete wrote:
eaganthorn wrote:
mugenroshi8 wrote:This is what I thought of when I heard the story, and this is something I have experienced personally.

What do you think of the idea that the image here is of a deer? Moves fast and would explain the "ghost" image. Explains why the traffic is all stopped. Explains the shape of the leg.
Just a thought.

Wouldn’t a long exposure at night, make the vehicles, if they were moving, appear blurry and elongated? But here the vehicles are all crystal clear as if they have all stopped.
Do the people appear to be looking toward the “thing” at least some of them?
The tail light of the truck in the foreground is reflecting on the “thing”. No truck that I am aware of has the exhaust where a hitch would be which make s me think it is also a reflection, not a backfire.
After pointing that out, what do you think?
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 5:44 pm » by Eaganthorn

concrete wrote:The truck on the left of the picture shows a light trail. This to me would indicate a long exposure. The truck in the foreground has what appears to be a metallic contraption in its back. Now. looking at a picture of the drag racing trucks, would it not make sense to put a large engine in the box? To keep the vehicle street legal, you would have the factory exhaust ports. But, to race it, you would use the main racing engine exhaust to keep the compression low?
Granted, I know nothing about racing farmers cars.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I see a different picture than you when I put this on the 50in.
Last edited by Eaganthorn on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 pm » by Drextin

Look underneath the truck right where the flash comes out. You can see the tail pipes. It is below the tag. You can just see the end of the pipe.

*edit* nevermind I see the real tail pipe on the side. What I see must is something else. Possibly part of the trailer hitch.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm » by Lowsix

concrete wrote:The truck on the left of the picture shows a light trail. This to me would indicate a long exposure.

No the truck on the left is not showing light streaks, those are the headlights of the Black SUV right behind it pointing onto the ground..If that truck was moving ..ALL light points, reflections above wheel wells, reflections on door, Chrome Rims.., tail lights, and light reflecting off cab would ALL be streaked. They arent. Its not moving.

Time exposure:
nearly 2 seconds..
Trucks are stopped.
Person is moving.
These are not Farm League Racing Trucks.
That is not some racing contraption reflecting light, that is a trailer Hitch.
Farm trucks ALL have trailer hitches.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 6:00 pm » by Eaganthorn

drextin wrote:Look underneath the truck right where the flash comes out. You can see the tail pipes. It is below the tag. You can just see the end of the pipe.

*edit* nevermind I see the real tail pipe on the side. What I see must is something else. Possibly part of the trailer hitch.

chrome hitch, reflects much light.....and you live near water right? not seen any trucks with chrome hitches? :cheers:
Mine has its own set of nads hanging down, but they're brass, not chrome.

God is Science.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 pm » by Eaganthorn

LowSix wrote:
concrete wrote:The truck on the left of the picture shows a light trail. This to me would indicate a long exposure.

No the truck on the left is not showing light streaks, those are the headlights of the Black SUV right behind it pointing onto the ground..If that truck was moving ..ALL light points, reflections above wheel wells, reflections on door, Chrome Rims.., tail lights, and light reflecting off cab would ALL be streaked. They arent. Its not moving.

Time exposure:
nearly 2 seconds..
Trucks are stopped.
Person is moving.
These are not Farm League Racing Trucks.
That is not some racing contraption reflecting light, that is a trailer Hitch.
Farm trucks ALL have trailer hitches.

six, I'm with you on this one. the only other noted feature I had to offer was the "thing" being a deer. Partly because it would cause the traffic to stop and that when I put this up on the big screen, I can see the the back leg and its front left leg. The angle is odd but the deer is upright in the begining of a leap off screen, turning slightly to its right, no antlers.

God is Science.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 6:10 pm » by Drextin

chrome hitch, reflects much light.....and you live near water right? not seen any trucks with chrome hitches? :cheers:

I live in alabama...........that's like asking some one from New York if they've ever seen a taxi. :D

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 6:16 pm » by Eaganthorn

drextin wrote:

I live in alabama...........that's like asking some one from New York if they've ever seen a taxi. :D

Ok, you're in L.A.
:cheers:

God is Science.

PreviousNext