End of the World Choice

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm » by Otomon

Let us assume that aliens came over to Earth and said "Tomorrow we will come and destroy everyone on Earth EXCEPT for a single culture,now decide amongst yourselves who gets to live and who gets to die"...who would you choose? How would you choose it? It is a tough choice,I am personally from Mexico but I would not choose my culture... because I have no facts to defend it as the culture who deserves to live,we committed many mistakes and are not perfect,so what do you folks think? I will hold my answer until I hear some replies.
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:02 pm » by sockpuppet

I wouldn't choose a specific culture, but I would ask that the small ones, pure and innocent, would be allowed to develop their own culture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Otto, as I read you are deep in art, and you know every colture that emerged - strange or not - has it`s right and time....

Unfortunately the imagination of destruction has also set a culture - but even this has it's right and time.

The scenario you described will not happen. For life can not be destroyed forever...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 pm » by Daemonfoe

heh. if you choose the american culture then all other cultures must be preserved because it cannot sustain itself on it's own.

really though, i'd preserve one of those tribal shroom eating cultures.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Writer

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:25 pm » by Zmonkey

otomon wrote:who would you choose?

Those without honor should die...
The Klingons shall live to see the Golden Age...
Z.Monkey
Goodwill to All for All is One...

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm » by E6722maj

save the good people.

:alien:
whatever

Initiate

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 pm » by Lisakitty

daemonfoe wrote:heh. if you choose the american culture then all other cultures must be preserved because it cannot sustain itself on it's own.

At least this tribal shroom eating culture would have an advantage of understanding their spiritual self, without brainwashing as a technique to keep everyone in control ... but there is one thing that could happen to this culture ... another culture comes along in the future, and pretends to be friendly, when all along they are plotting to take the land, resources and artifacts, by murdering as many of them that they can ... Oh wait ... this has already happened to the American Indians, when America was discovered by European explorers ...

Initiate

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 pm » by Jimmyduek

mmm though question... i think that the buddist moks

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm » by Daemonfoe

lisakitty wrote:
daemonfoe wrote:heh. if you choose the american culture then all other cultures must be preserved because it cannot sustain itself on it's own.

At least this tribal shroom eating culture would have an advantage of understanding their spiritual self, without brainwashing as a technique to keep everyone in control ... but there is one thing that could happen to this culture ... another culture comes along in the future, and pretends to be friendly, when all along they are plotting to take the land, resources and artifacts, by murdering as many of them that they can ... Oh wait ... this has already happened to the American Indians, when America was discovered by European explorers ...

but if all other cultures were killed off who would come along?
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostThu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm » by Lisakitty

daemonfoe wrote:
lisakitty wrote:

but if all other cultures were killed off who would come along?
Ok then ... the tribal shroom eating culture would be my choice :sunny:

Next