Energy saving lightbulbs, the real danger

Master Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 pm » by Lowsix

Oreocannon wrote: my eyes cried every day for 1 months before we removed them.
same with the rest of the family.

I would say that is a damn sad story.

You had your eyes removed..
along with the eyes of your entire family..

because of ES bulbs.

Yikes.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:30 pm » by Oreocannon

what is wrong with you?
the light bulbs caused me and my family, our eyes to water, and we were constantly straining our eyes and crying. as soon as we removed the bulbs everything went back to normal.
i dont know how these lightbulbs work, but hell no

Master Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 pm » by Lowsix

Miraculous.

How are you able to type without eyes?
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:34 pm » by Oreocannon

it was before 2 years, and with strained eyes i could still see.
just because your eyes cry doesnt mean they die?

Master Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:38 pm » by Lowsix

yeah some people do have a hard time with the newer bulbs because the light they put off is a slightly different color than the warm yellow light of the old ones. Im glad i still have a stock of the old yellow ones because the new ones ut off a light blue color that would drive me insane(er).

If you were used to the old ones, the new color probably would make your eyes water..

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 8:10 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Lowsix wrote:
Oreocannon wrote:no teacher in high school would let you play with mercury, that has to be the biggest lie ever.

reported for disinfo

She wasn't playing with mercury.
They were using thermometers.
As clearly stated.

reported for stupidity.

Low, I think this the post oreo was on about not socks
Bravo69 wrote:You know... I realize there are dangers to mercury.. in high school, we played with it on the lab tables with our hands, and guess what... I am still here, 50+ years later..

I am more afraid of lead poisening... the type that comes cruising out of a barrel at 1000+ ft per second.. everything we touch has a problem with it... we have used flourescent lamps forever.. I still have old "silver" fillings in my mouth, too... sorry.... this topic should be mute....
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 8:43 pm » by Alexrubic

Leaving aside the health hazards of CFLs, I hate them and avoid their use wherever practicable after my initial experiences with them!

They seem to take too long to get to full brightness and that full brightness is nowhere near equivalent to the old incandescant lamps - no matter what the package says! I blame their poor illumination for the sudden deterioration of my reading vision!

You can still get some incandescant bulbs - but only 60W or 40W (useless for anything other than a box room!) - so now I get the halogen-type light bulbs (usually go for the ones that are equivalent to 100W incandescant or more). When they come down in price, I may try the LED bulbs.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 8:51 pm » by Cia212

The longevity and cost-effectiveness of CF bulbs are based on perfect lab conditions. In actual use, I'm having to replace them just as often (if not sooner) than incandescent bulbs. Plus the lights have an ugly color and can give off a high-pitched whine.

Initiate

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm » by Oreocannon

i had to replace cf a lot quicker then normal ones.
so i am thinking of using resistors on my bulbs to make them last even moar XD

Master Conspirator

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 pm » by Lowsix

Theyll just be dimmer and make it harder to read,
and probably make your headaches worse..

PreviousNext