Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:02 pm » by -Marduk-

theduck wrote:I would like to be a witness to a massive CME wouldn't you, I could tell my grandkids "No one saw it coming apart from us dudes on DTV thanks to an eccentric German who went by the screen-name Marduk"

hahaha

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:05 pm » by Nilm33

marduk2012 wrote:Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun

What is this strange ring that has been developing on the Sun?

Sunspot 1112, located in the southeast quadrant, has been the source of a giant filament that is currently stretching 400,000 km across the surface of the Sun.

However, today, there appears to be development of a enormous circular ring which looks to be linking with the huge magnetic filament of sunspot 1112. Most of today's various wavelength images of the Sun all show this feature over at the SDO (Solar Dynamics Observatory) - NASA website.

SpaceWeather.com today reports,

A vast filament of magnetism is cutting across the Sun's southern hemisphere today. A bright 'hot spot' just north of the filament's midpoint is UV radiation from sunspot 1112. The proximity is no coincidence; the filament appears to be rooted in the sunspot below. If sunspot flares, it could cause the entire structure to erupt. This active region merits watching...

What concerns me is that if indeed this is a huge magnetic filament nearly encircling the entire Sun, it is now currently directly facing the Earth. If sunspot 1112 does erupt, could the entire filament explode into a massive CME?

This particular phenomenon will be all over in a few days as it rotates around the Sun, but it serves to remind us that there are more and more events happening on the Sun as we transit into the next solar cycle maximum (peaking ~ 2012 into 2013).

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/218/366/ ... e_Sun.html

The sun rotates. If it does blow, there is a good chance itll blow when its not facing us. I know this because I work at a restaurant. Part time. Everyone can relax.

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:17 pm » by -Marduk-

looks like tennis ball to me, right now. :headscratch:

here some links to check sis shiat out:
http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/rea ... pdate.html

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:23 pm » by Spock

What would really suck, and put a damper on next year's vacation plans, is if the damn thing just blew up.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:27 pm » by Nilm33

ARTICLE QUOTE

"What concerns me is that if indeed this is a huge magnetic filament nearly encircling the entire Sun, it is now currently directly facing the Earth. If sunspot 1112 does erupt, could the entire filament explode into a massive CME?

This particular phenomenon will be all over in a few days as it rotates around the Sun, but it serves to remind us that there are more and more events happening on the Sun as we transit into the next solar cycle maximum (peaking ~ 2012 into 2013).

If you enjoyed this post, or topics of preparedness, consider subscribing to our survival blog RSS feed or Email notification of new posts on the Modern Survival Blog LMFAO YEA I REALLY ENJOYED IT

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

theduck wrote:A matter of hours I think.

Edit:

Here.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A CME TO REACH THE EARTH?

The average distance from the Sun to the Earth is 150 million kilometers which can be written as 150 x 10^6 Km.

CME's can vary in speed. They can range from 200 km/s to 1000 km/s, although typically, most of them travel at about 424 km/s (Avg 1996-1998 speed St. Cyr et al., 2000).

Assuming that CME's don't accelerate or decelerate on their way from the Sun to the Earth, we can easily compute from the numbers given, the minimum travel time, the maximum travel time, as well as the average travel time.

time=distance/speed

So, the average time it would take a CME to get to the Earth is 98 hrs. At 1000 km/s, a CME would take 42 hrs, and at 200 km/s, a CME would take 208 hrs.

that made me think...

how long does it take for the images to came back at the earth ?

I hope someone has an answer for that so we can figure out a deadline, I have to prepare my laser guns and my vortex swords at least 24 hours before D day.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm » by Aragajag

I embrace the next stage then, be an awesome sight. Is it the second coming the sun of man.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 pm » by Otomon

OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! WE ARE GOING TO DIE! :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
I am energized 13 I am CHRISTalized 13 I am amplified 13 I detach from the illusions of matter 13 I no longer choose to play the unconscious role 13 I listen to my intuition 13 I am in my flow 13 I break free from all negative soul ties 13

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 pm » by Spock

otomon wrote:OH MY GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! WE ARE GOING TO DIE! :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

That's right Grasshopper. No truer words have been spoken on this forum.

Initiate

PostSun Oct 17, 2010 7:27 pm » by Stophaarp

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/c2/512/

Some pretty bright waves coming off the sun.. Never seen two huge brights spots like that before... I must admit I'm just getting into the SOHO imagery, so maybe I'm wrong but it looks different than anything i've seen in the last few weeks.

Also... Anyone wanna find the a nice, easily traversed entrance to agartha? If we take quads it'll only take us a few days, instead of the 8 weeks it took the American Indians back in the day =P

I'd say it's time to - run awaaaay, run awaaaaay-
http://atmospherepunch.blogspot.com Blog
http://whatsherfacephoto.weebly.com Portfolio

PreviousNext