ESCALATION & EXPOSURE

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 pm » by Troll2rocks

I will add a synopsis and update everything in the days ahead. It seems half is missing, and that which remains is the very first non proofed nor edited version. In short, everything that follows is extremely rough and rife with errors, until I have time to fix it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

January 25th, 2013.

01:48 am.

It's already here!.

I think I have an adequate amount of provisions, I have six full boxes of Lucky Jack MRE's, each box holds sixty meals ready to eat. The one box clearly marked chicken selection contained nothing but beef stew, and let me tell you, the beef stew tastes like something that was dragged out of a dogs ass, but I can't complain, I seem to be fairing a damn sight better than others at this current moment in time, at least for the time being.

I am fully stocked up with non perishables, and I have filled every available container I could find with as much water as it'l hold, I will cycle fresh tap water continuously until this matter is resolved, one thing I don't want to be, is trapped in here without a water supply. Should the supply get cut off. That would give me three days to find a water source, and that would mean having to leave. Which is something I can't say appeals to me given the current situation, it would likely lead to my death. So this is me being overly cautious, that's me alright, always over prepared!. Some may say paranoid, or maybe even weird, but not by the looks of it this time, ohhhh no. Not by a long shot!.

Luckily I was paranoid enough to make modifications to the exterior of my home well in advance of the impending calamity that approaches, much to the amusement of my neighbours not so long ago. They're not laughing now though, that's for sure. Wherever they are, whatever it is they're doing, one thing I can pretty much guarantee you is that laughing wont have any part in it.

Earlier on I scanned the street by leaning out of the upper front window. The flurry of activity outside the last week has ceased, there appears to be no cars left on my street at all. I could make out a few distant cars far off on the highway, but everything outside here is eerily quite now. Like the creeping menace of an approaching storm cell, and this unsettled me far more than the BBC news report tonight.

I have to keep shaking myself back into the present. I have a tendency to drift off into thought, I think I am in shock. Everything feels dreamlike, I spent a good ten minutes dry wrenching over the toilet after watching the news tonight. I never expected to see anything like that on mainstream television, not ever!. Worse still I don't think the reporter reporting it did either. I guess this was the one story that could not be played down. In case you missed it, and I can't blame you if you did, I imagine you have shit of your own to contend with right now. It's really happening. Whatever is happening is very real, and very serious, and it's happening right now!, here!.

Let me back up a little, this may be completely unconnected, but given recent events, I think this is just too coincidental to be chance. Just over a year ago, the conspiracy underworld which makes its home on the www was abuzz with rumours of an imminent disclosure relating to some form of repetitive signal reputedly discovered by the SETI Institutes Allen Telescopic Array just outside of San Francisco California. Now these kind of reports are quite common amongst the so called truther community, but what was really quite odd from the outset was that mainstream media were covering the story. In fact, the mainstream broke it. The story actually appeared to originate from the Associated Press, the backbone of modern journalism. So naturally this became quite a hot topic, rumour and speculation set in, and ultimately downright delusion.

Within a week of the mainstream media getting wind of a story to sniff out, they were hounding NASA and the SETI Institute for answers. Meanwhile many sites online were busy running wildly misleading speculative scare stories, and each were in turn whipping the other up into frenzy mode. Eventually It filtered up to just about every media outlet on earth. First the conspiratorial sites were reporting the possibility of such a rumour. Then larger more reputable agencies were reporting on it after pinning down respective astronomers and getting vague non descriptive quotes, along with getting vague non committal answers from pretty much every official inside both NASA and the SETI Institute, something was definitely up. Then it hit the major broadcast networks and exploded. It later turned out this story originated from a Mr Kenneth Williamson who sneakily reached out to the Associated Press informing them of his credentials, and to expect and quote " News that would make Carl Sagan pop his eyes ". Presuming Carl Sagan still had eyes to pop of course, which was sadly not the case then, and still isn't now.

The Associated Press are not known for printing factually correct information all the time, but what they are known for is meticulously repeating what people say, whether truthful or not their job is only to accurately report what is said, and they do that well. So well in fact that news agencies the world over depend on them for their coverage. They're not known for speculating. So what followed the Carl Sagan eye pop comment was what gave this story so much traction. "You, me, and everyone, want to pay attention to the news in the coming weeks!". The article by the AP's James Preston went onto to give a brief summery that speculation was growing in the astronomical community around the alleged discovery of a so called mystery signal picked up from deep in the cosmos. What further solidified this story as a hot commodity was the alleged location of the intercept. The article indicated this alleged signal originated from somewhere in the vicinity of Sagittarius. "I can inform you we have indeed intercepted something. Beyond that I am not at liberty to speculate."

This all became a media whirlwind when a week later with a horde of ravenous press in tow, President Obama officially announced the discovery of a signal when he announced "this is a momentous day in human history!". After press conference after press conference broadcast by the media outlets all over the globe over the following weeks, of one stone faced NASA official and delightfully happy SETI Institute employee after the other. It became quite apparent the signal was localized around Sagittarius, or more specifically Tau Sagittarii, the closest known star in proximity to the coordinates of the signal. The signal was intercepted for four days two hours and thirty four seconds, before it vanished completely. The signal allegedly repeated the same string of information on a cycle that would start every twelve and a half hours. What made this all the more sensational was that this was not the first time this particular signal had been intercepted.

On August 15th 1977, a signal was picked up by a Mr Jerry R. Ehman PHD, who worked at the Big Ear radio telescope at the Ohio state University, it was picked up for seventy two seconds. It became known as the WOW signal when Jerry wrote the word "wow" in the margin of the print out after discovering it. It was never explained, and it never repeated. Until now. It turned out that what SETI picked up on in 1977 was the tail end of the same cycling transmission just before it vanished completely. The first official press release regarding this signal featured a side by side comparison of the signal received in 2012 and the one picked up in 1977, and they were indeed a match. It appears the SETI team in 1977 just had bad luck, and caught the last seventy two seconds of the final repeated cycle before it vanished. Bad timing.

Pretty much all that was publicly known about the signal was that it was primarily mathematical, and works with prime numbers within a more complex structure. Just exactly what that structure is and what it contains, is still very much a mystery, as they so far refuse to publicly release the signal in its entirety until it has been somewhat studied by the biggest and brightest minds money can buy. That however, does not stop speculation, and if its one thing people like to do, its speculate. Online forums were having a field day with this. Some were saying it was a message from our true creators, others that it was the new commandments from god. Some claimed that we just caught hold of an interstellar phone call, and some were claiming it was not even genuine at all. It was the major story on the news around the globe, pretty much everywhere, for about six months. It became clear that the answers being presented, were overly technical and genuinely non informative at best. So suddenly it started to fade from the screens and most media outlets, the internet was still plenty active on the topic, but people just largely started going back to normal.

Drips and drops of information made its way out to the press via tedious and extremely uninteresting press conferences, pretty amazing considering the subject matter. Eventually they stopped televising them. One interesting piece of information that should have gotten more press attention but didn't, was that the signal appeared to be tailored specifically for us to understand in its conception, but was allegedly still very abstract in nature. Which would indicate a primitive knowledge of us as a species. Which should be troublesome considering the Sagittarians should not technically have any idea we exist at all. Simply because no transmissions Earth has sent out into space so far are capable of having reached that system, and wouldn't be for a long time. Considering this was first intercepted in 1977, this makes it even more puzzling. What are the chances of the same civilization sending out a narrowband signal to the same location, twice, at random ?. Then to have that signal picked up by intelligent life here, twice, by a civilization that doesn't know they exist either ?. Not only that but intelligent life that has an understanding of the exact same complex mathematical principles they do ?. If the signal was not being pin pointed, then the chances of this happening randomly are so slim it's almost zero.

If they did already know we were here, how did they know ?, and for how long ?, and just how long has this signal really been transmitting on and off ?. It must have taken thousands of years to even reach the Earth. So when did they start sending this signal ?. Have they been transmitting this signal at us on narrow band every thirty six years for thousands of years ?. Maybe even longer!. Lots of interesting and quite disturbing questions, but pretty much all of this was largely ignored because the man charged with presenting it, was so tedious and uninteresting that the world pretty much assumed what he said was too.

It had all but gone from most major outlets when two months ago the first reports of sporadic rioting started to surface around the globe. The weird thing was these rioters appeared to be the average person and not the stereotypical anarchist. There was no real motive for these peoples actions either, people just suddenly started freaking out, no other word for it really. Things started getting really weird. People started conducting random acts of violence for no apparent reason at all, it all just seemed really odd.

This crazy confusion peaked when ABC news broadcast footage that they captured of a short plump old lady in a torn pink dress with what appeared to be a large gash to her forehead. She was literally sprinting down the centre of a crowded highway towards a group of heavily armed riot officers, arms outstretched. She had the look of pure hate on her face as the officer could be heard on his bull horn loudly asserting "stop!". The footage ended there. Well at least on the network broadcast channels it did. They warned viewers the footage is to shocking to broadcast in full, so naturally the full unbroadcastable footage later turned up on Live Leak. Which depicted the same as before, except in this version the lady was wrestled to the ground by two armed officer's desperately trying to subdue her and get her into cuffs by any means necessary, up to and including smacking her to the head and face. As the camera man moved in and got a better view, she looked strung out, she was hysterical you could see her weird sunken eyes, the gash on her face and hear her ungodly voice. She screamed the same words over and over, "are they! are they" ARE THEY!". She was face down now vomiting gelatinous blood every where, two cops on top of her, knees in her back. She was still screaming with every wild body spasm as every contortion of her face sent more of that congealed blood vomit hurtling up and out of her mouth. She was shown being dragged from the floor and all but flung into the back of a waiting ambulance beyond the road block. The officers both accompanied her into the back of the ambulance. You could see she was still wildly thrashing around in there, and I swear to god I could have sworn I saw her even try to lunge at one of them with her teeth as one of the officers shut the back door. large amounts of onlookers stood around in stunned amazement, some were recording it on their cell phones as the ambulance drove off. She was covered in blood!.

I remember showing my friend this footage when he came over the next day, and him remarking, "that's cool man, what movie is that ?", then me informing him that he was watching ABC News. This took him aback a little I think. He asked me where it was shot, and I told him it happened last night just outside of Wall Street in New York. He raised his eyebrows, then regained himself enough to quip "fuck me these Wall street protesters are getting a little intense don't you think!". We laughed, but the tone of our meeting took a direct shift after that, he went home not long after, and I have't seen him since, and I may never again.

Then it all ceased being an insane oddity, and all humour that could be derived from such madness soon abated and became nothing but worrying. News of more and more of these kinds of things kept being reported, within a very sort space of time. It didn't take long for rumours of a mass biological terrorist attack to start sweeping the internet. Especially with incidents like the woman on the subway train who suddenly started eating the baby she carried in her arms. Footage of which was obviously never broadcast on networks, but yet again made its way onto Live Leak.

Amazingly some uncaring shit for brains still managed to find the time to record this as it happened on their cell phone. Repulsed passengers wrenched the baby from the arms and mouth of this sick deranged woman, she could clearly be heard muttering gibberish, with her puffed out cheeks, mouth full of her own baby. It made no sense whatsoever, but maybe that is the point. It's just insane!. It didn't take long for anti social types online to create meme's and exploit this tragedy for comedic effect.

Then there was the man what was found wandering around outside his home after he attacked and killed his entire family as they left the house that morning to enter the car and to go to school. Or the foreman of a constructions crew that went crazy and started attacking people up on the high rise scaffolding of the empire state building, sending eight men plunging to their deaths who should have been tethered but weren't. Soon after came the footage from the middle east and Africa, which was horrific.

Footage of Saudi Arabian military forces opening fire on what appeared to be a group of stampeding men women and children, who were sprinting straight towards their road blockade. The footage was of such poor quality and sound that the only thing that could be made out for sure was there was indeed lots of gunfire, followed by lots of screaming. Whomever recorded it must have survived because that footage made its way onto YouTube. Along with footage filmed from a slum high rise in Pakistan of a young man attacked in the street by a gang of these frenzied people. The footage clearly shows this man getting attacked, laying stationary momentarily as the pack moved on, he starts convulsing and then proceeds to stagger to his feet then give chase after the pack of frenzied people that had Just left him a battered bloody mess on the ground. This entire sequence took no more than thirty to forty seconds to conclude in full. Many claimed it was fake, however that guy sure didn't seem to be faking as he ran then tripped and was consumed by a mound of bloodstained flesh. It looked like they were biting and puking blood all over him. If it was fake, then the team that worked on those practical effects deserve an Oscar nomination, he looked a mess when he took off, and it seems he departed without his left ear.

The footage from South Africa was even more horrifying. Filmed by BBC South Africa from their news chopper, and broadcast nationally. It showed literally hundreds of frenzied people chasing down literally anything that moved in their path as they tore through a large shanty town in lower Cape Town. Whether it was men women children dogs or cats, they sprinted after it, and when or if they actually caught it, they would frenziedly attack bite and vomit congealed blood all over whatever it was, and would then move on. Similar to the footage of those ant swarms that locate prey, then swarm it. That is exactly what this was like, a literal swarm of frenzied madness charging down anything that appeared normal. As this was all going on, the reporter in the chopper that was supposed to be narrating the event must have noticed a large group of these mad people clustering under the chopper as it filmed the chaos from high above. The camera man was taking shots of the swarm when the reporter motioned his arm in front of the camera and indicated to pan the camera down. As the camera operator obliged, the world got its first real close up at the madness unfolding. These people were really really sick, not only that but they were all covered in congealed blood, some were mutilated beyond recognition, and every single one of them had their eyes fixed on the chopper circling above. Periodically one of them would violently twitch or spasm, which appeared to send fresh waves of blood seeping to the surface of their skin, if one of them did it, several more would follow, like some fucked up language or like some nightmarish version of the honey bee dance describing where there may be nectar for the hive. They were all completely motionless, as the chopper manoeuvred for better shots of the pack, the heads of the group followed, eyes fixed on the chopper, and on us through the camera. This time defying moment was broken when all of a sudden the heads and bodies of the group swivelled in unison. As the camera adjusted to pick up the commotion, it zoomed in and focused on a young man running and carrying what looked like a young girl over his shoulder. The girl looked extremely distressed as she passed by while being wildly flung from side to side as the man desperately tried to keep a hold of her as he ran past sprinting for his life and hers. All of this and with only his left arm supporting her, this guy was running hard, the pack squealing split off giving chase, just before he reached the end of a block of run down shanty houses at the end of the dusty path, she fell from his grasp. He must have ran a few steps to far before turning to go back, because when he turned to go back he hesitated a moment to long and knew it, he turned bolted and never looked back. The young girls screams could be heard from the chopper when the man disappeared from view, moments later the young girl was engulfed in a swarm of blood soaked flesh.

All I could think about was what that guy must have seen to make him turn and flea so abruptly. I would rather die than abandon a child of mine to certain death, what he must have seen charging down on him must have scared him more than death itself. It scared me and I was watching from the safety of my own home. Thinking about it, I do hope that wasn't his child.

After what seemed like a lifetime of the cameraman trying to find a point of focus that didn't involve cruelty and barbarism, he gave up and zoomed back out as the reporter awkwardly took his pose to address the camera. Visibly shook, he uttered his first and only words during the entire report. " This is Murry Richards reporting for the BBC from Cape Town South Africa ". The madness in the background could be glimpsed getting smaller as they soared away.

This you may note, was when the world realised there was big shit a brewing. This was also when I decided to start applying modifications to my home, steel bars both outside and also inside of every lower floor window, I built a rough lock cage over the inner front and back doors for added security, and installed a lock bar on the lower door partition. Securing me from either the upstairs or downstairs should the unthinkable happen and that madness come here and those deranged nuts get in my home.

I have been careful to equally supply each floor of my home with water containers, crank up radios, and food supplies, including the attic, again should I find myself under siege. Wherever I have to locate to in a hurry will have the required provisions to at least sustain me for a while. I have a police scanner and CB radio, both of which I am keeping in the attic which makes the most logical sense. If my property is breached, I would prefer it be through the back entrance, as I would have a clear run to the upper floor. Which would give me the advantage. If the front is breached, the partition door lock bar will have to be used, provided I can lock it in time, which would effectively shut me off from the upper floors by locking me on the ground level, which would not be ideal. If a breach were to happen through the front while I was upstairs, I would locate to the attic and radio for help if I am unable grab my cell phone in time. I have an axe that I'm keeping in the attic which I will use to make an escape hole through my roof, so I can relocate to the next house down by breaking in from above. Luckily this house is semi detached, so that option is available to me, if it wasn't, I would have to move to ground level and run for a secure location. Which would be potentially fatal. However, I intend to be as silent as possible on the ground level, so anything that has the potential to make a lot of noise will be moved upstairs. I don't intend to be listening to the radio downstairs should a flock of those fucked up people come roaring past.

At the time of me making all these renovations to my home, children were still playing outside and people were getting up early to head out to work. Having a chuckle at my expense as they returned home jokingly remarking if I had taken up drug dealing and now needed the added security. Of course they knew I hadn't, they knew exactly why I was doing what I was doing, they were choosing to ignore it. They chose to think me crazy, but in light of recent events, I have been proven quite sane, but we had a chuckle about it nevertheless.

A few weeks ago a flurry of nationwide panic ensued, mostly spurred on by the videos being uploaded to the internet. YouTube placed a block on all user accounts uploading new videos, apparently this block was active world wide, according to disgruntled forum chatter online anyway. Effectively it had shut itself down. This never made the news, neither did the rumours and accusations of CIA involvement in Google search engine index results. Which were apparently being skewed, giving an unfavourable outcome to users trying to use it to search for information relating to this epidemic of madness. Google appeared to be deliberately manipulating result pages. One blog I read claimed that there was over eight hours of footage a second being uploaded to YouTube (also owned by Google) on this subject before it chose to shut down upload access. The reason still given on the front page for me indicates and quote " we are undergoing maintenance, don't worry, we'll be back shortly! ".

In fact nothing relating to this hit the news after that cape town report by the BBC. Live Leak was still accepting videos though, problem was, in order to view them you had to employ an Internet Protocol proxy. It was being censored by network providers internally, citing infringement rights being breached. Which everyone knew was utter bullshit as Live leak is a journalistic tool. However the big thing that really got the public attention, was when the BBC aired a story on the nation wide closing of all airport terminals due to bad atmospheric weather patterns and irregular solar activity. All of this in coincidence with the mildest December on record, that damn signal, and these whacked out raving lunatics. Those videos kept on coming, virtually springing up anywhere there was an upload function, but I don't think any of this really felt real to any of us, at least here. We had somehow become isolated in full knowledge of the horrors unfolding. Cunningly shut off from reality by an over caring parent.

However it was a falsehood we all willingly went along with, a lot of people saw that BBC South Africa report in its full horror. Then got up and went to work the next day, somehow feeling secure because an ocean separated them from it all. Well a body of water separates Cape Town from New York, yet the same thing happened in both places. The airports were obviously shut down to prevent cross contagion, which this epidemic is obviously capable of doing. Not once did the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention comment on any of this unfolding madness. Never once were they pressed in the papers, or mentioned on the news. At least in this country.

Everyone was cheerful enough but people were visibly worried now, kids were no longer playing outside, there weren't many people on the streets in the day, and most especially at night. Road traffic however was at an all time high on motorways, and was the most popular story in the country, weirdly enough, nobody mentioned as to why this was occurring. Strange really, as the journalistic establishment usually revels in over stating the obvious. These were some of the many obvious indicators that something was terribly wrong here. Big smiling grins from chirpy over enthusiastic anchors with miles upon miles of panic induced congested traffic dwindling off into the horizon behind them, virtually orgasming when they say its time to get the morning weather report. Being the generation that mistrusts our government, and as computer savvy as we are, we are not totally blinded to the truth. We were all but one click away from the true reality of what was occurring, and it was getting grimmer by the day.

Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Morocco, and Nigeria all declared a state of emergency. Not long after the entire continent of Africa had declared a state of emergency. Many elected and unelected official representatives alike were making passionate appeals to world leaders via videos being uploaded to their respective national .gov websites. Which mainly included talking heads of state pleading for aid, interspersed with footage of monumental carnage. To which it appears the rest of the world was either intentionally ignoring, or as in the case with my country, intentionally blocking!.

The online media were reporting on this, but nothing was making the jump from html to print or network. Some journalists were even writing resignation letters, posting them on their column spaces online. One Guardian columnist wrote, " we may have far more to fear from our so called leaders, than what ever it is that is encroaching upon us from around the globe. " His final few words were simple and to the point. " The freedom of the press has gone, I am no longer able to perform my function as a journalist, this is the indicator you need dear reader, to prepare for the worst ".

Photographs obtained by a determined opportunistic journalist showed up on the Daily Mail's online archive, they depicted an Airport runway with a significant military presence on the main runways. Anti aircraft nests were clearly visible. The pictures were apparently captured from an overpass just under a mile from a main Gatwick runway, it never stated which runway, but one thing was clear, they obviously didn't want anything getting in or out of there. This story was buried in the Daily Mail's archives and never displayed on the main page at all, it was like the person who uploaded it was hiding it purposely. It soon disappeared altogether, but not before people had already started spreading it elsewhere. The brief description that accompanied these pictures went " you don't see this everyday. Gatwick! ".

Presuming this can be passed by breath. How do you stop the flow of air ?. Various medical sites, along with independent scientists and pseudo scientists alike, were posting all kinds of reports indicating that this madness was passed on via bites and scratches, and could be passed on if contaminated through open orifices by the bodily fluids of the infected. Some even claimed you could get infected by touch alone, and some were even saying it was a military experiment gone wrong. Non of this was made especially clear though, even now it is still at best a jumbled mess. Nobody really knows anything other than these things are dangerous, and that they will try to kill or infect anything they encounter, and that they are very fast and can infect you even quicker.

The most commonly cited piece of advice found online is that if you encounter the frenzied, then you should run and seek secure shelter immediately. That being the one piece of advice I can safely say I 100% agree with.

Reports that were coming in from the US press were disturbing to say the least. Obama addressed the nation, and asked people to remain calm. " I ask people not to worry in these trying times, we are more than capable of overcoming this milestone, and we will. Report any erratic behaviour immediately, remain cautious, and remain safe, we have the problem at hand under control, god bless America". That was two weeks ago. The CDC never commented beyond the need for citizens to remain vigilant and report any suspicious or erratic behaviour immediately to local law enforcement. They claimed to be issuing a statement soon, that to this day still hasn't surfaced. That is the public face of the problem though. Behind the scenes the world was turning to shit, as anyone with access to the internet could testify too. Websites that were normally scoffed at and shunned for so long, are right now the first and only port of call for accurate unfiltered information. A popular privately owned website named DiscloseTV.com has been the leading provider of up to the minute worldwide accounts on the frenzied outbreaks.

Through this site some of the most revealing and shocking videos have surfaced in regards to the US problem. One uploaded video appears to be filmed from a high rise apartment and shows a line of New York Officers in conjunction with what appears to be US marines, assisting a group of fire fighters tackle a blaze in Time Square by fending off scores of those sprinting shrieking blabbermouths. They were mowing them all down. They must have killed about a hundred of those "things". They must be things, no human can take a full burst from a fully automatic assault rifle, and keep going without breaking a stride. I had never seen anything like it in my life. If it wasn't so fucked up, it would be incredible, but the best was yet to come.

It was around this time I first saw the visible signs of panic in the public, shop shelves were being ransacked, people were fighting at checkouts over loaves of bread, and a gas station was likely to get you stuck for days. Crime and burglaries are through the roof. Everything has escalated tremendously in the last week.

Indications are the US has gone from bad to really bad. Obama announced a nationwide curfew, and all flights in and out of the US have been indefinitely cancelled until further notice. The airport's there have been shut down for weeks. Even more disturbing were the indications that this infection was spreading rapidly through Europe now. First Greece declared a national curfew, with prolific rumours of an over run population, something the Greek government were keen to deny with online videos, obviously filmed in rooms without windows. Videos being posted online elsewhere though, showed a different story.

Then footage emerged from Spain of infected bodies that lay strewn in the street, victims of what looked like a massive fire fight. The ground was littered with the corpses of both infected and Spanish military personnel, hundreds of them!. The nearby buildings that could be glimpsed as the camera surveyed the aftermath showed a partially destroyed main high street, charred black and still smouldering, bodies everywhere. Whatever it was that happened there, it was all kinds of fucked up.

Last Thursday Images hit Reuters website allegedly depicting the final moments of some brave police officer in a suburb of Paris. The series of images depict a French officer single handedly fending off a swarming pack of those blood drenched abominations. They appeared to be literally jumping over a road block like hurdles to reach him. He appeared to be retreating as the pack approached, yet he faced them in every frame firing his pistol straight at them. The frenzied faces grew bigger in each frame until finally in the last frame, from a different vantage point, the final image showed a mass of bodies converged over where the final stand took place. There must have been about five hundred of them swarming down that street towards him. These images will I'm sure be known as some of the most beautifully tragic images ever captured by man, provided man is around long enough to appreciate them that is. Maybe appreciate is the wrong word, but at the very least be inspired by. The man who passed on the images presumably made it out alive. Little information was given, the officers name was not known.

The frenzies were almost knocking at our back door now. I was hopeful that our greatest weakness may end up being our greatest defence. The sea that circled us. Although I already knew this infection had crossed oceans, it was being reported as far as New Zealand and Australia by now, and the stuff now coming out of Africa and the middle east was to horrific for words.

In the last week I have watched horrors unfold from the comfort of my home that I could write about for years, I will spare you all but the most important. Earlier this week Obama addressed the world. He urged anyone faced with the threat of infection to act swiftly and neutralize the threat by any and all means necessary, he urged that the contaminated should be swiftly contained and quarantined, and that any bodies should only be handled with full protective clothing. This was all obvious coded talk for kill on sight without prejudice, and judging from what I have seen up until this point, I agree with every word of it.

Suddenly news coverage in the UK seemed to regain a foothold, journalists were out asking questions again, it was almost as if they had been publicly following this story for months, and they had you see, but suddenly it was like they were allowed to actually talk about it. The panic was already here, to late for containing that now. News anchors were literally screaming at politicians to rapturous applause in the comforts of their BBC television studios. The press were full of covert scandal stories about how the press were restricted from doing their jobs. The press were all to happy to play victim. This country in the span of a week seems to have absorbed a whole two months worth of living nightmare, all at once, and we're all now acting appropriately.

Then it finally happened. Four days ago the news were reporting of a possible breach of quarantine at an undisclosed Air Force Base in Hereford. Media and press were both secluded in equal measure, it later transpired that a British embassy ambassador for France had been transferred from Charles De Gaulle Airport, but was allegedly scratched on route to his charter jet. When the jet touched down in Hereford military air space, the entire crew except for the pilot and co pilot, were infected. The pilots were spared due to a restrained cockpit cabin door. This was revealed the following day at a press conference by a clearly nervous and shaken chief of Scotland yard, to a clearly outraged press pack, who were all basically asking the same thing " why was he allowed to fly ?". He took no questions.

There have been many major events happen in the last week around the globe, some far more so than what I am about to describe, but for reasons I am about to explain, I hope you forgive me for being selfish, the shock is still very fresh here. You see two days ago the BBC issued a public announcement that the Prime Minister was about to address the nation. All stations carried the broadcast. The prime minister emerged from number ten Downing Street, strode over to the podium, composed himself, then addressed the nation in a matter of fact tone, " Scotland has been breached and martial law is under affect from this moment forward. You are not to leave your home unless absolutely necessary if you reside in Scotland, unless otherwise issued to for civic duty. You must remain indoors. If you notice any strange or erratic behaviour in your area, you are to contact your local police department immediately. Under no circumstances are you to approach the infected, remain indoors for your own safety. " We will issue an update when this problem has been resolved. I have asked her Majesty the Queen for permission to enforce and protect the bordering counties that separate the countries. With 20,000 of her Majesties Royal Armed Forces brave men and women. Under no circumstances is anyone to attempt a boarder crossing until this issue has been resolved. Any advancement on any boarder may be met by hostile force, repeat, it is paramount you do not attempt to cross the boarder. We are currently resolving issues made apparent in Edinburgh and Aberdeen, if you live in the immediate vicinity of these locations, strictly do not venture outside. If you have an emergency you are to contact local civic bodies, who are now being staffed twenty four hours a day. Her Majesties Armed Forces are currently isolating and rectifying any and all known threats in the Scottish Isles. I have asked all major media outlets to broadcast the emergency CMB report number until further notice. Order will be resumed swiftly. Remain calm and remain indoors. Thank you".

Effectively two days ago the UK government sealed off Scotland from the rest of the UK mid pandemic. The frenzy was finally here, and it was moving fast through Scotland, It had already hit Edinburgh and as tonight proved, it was already much closer than any of us expected. The BBC anchor on tonight's Nine O Clock News informed us that the BBC were allowed exclusive access to the Scottish Dumfries English boarder, with whom we were informed were the RAF Cosford regiment on boarder patrol. As the anchor continued to talk and lay out the previous days events in preparation for the link up. His face would momentarily contort as if hearing vital information in his earpiece. He stopped his monologue to camera mid sentence and said, " I am going to hand you over now to our correspondent in the field Sally Jenkins, where events are already I'm informed transpiring".

They cut straight to the feed, and as Sally promised, events were most definitely transpiring alright. The camera never stopped shaking for a good twenty to thirty seconds when they cut to it, everything was blurred and muffled, but as soon as the transmission began the first sounds audible other than the gun fire, was the sound of two of RAF Cosford regiment having an extremely heated exchange. " On your left Luke!, Luke your left.... left left!.... check your fuckin left Luke! " Loud explosions were audible, and suddenly the camera snapped into focus, perhaps the operator tripped and had to regain his hold, but when he finally got control of the camera. The most upsetting and horrifying images ever captured in this country met our eyes. The camera depicted a long winding valley, either side of the frame were two Humvee military grade vehicles with top mounted machine guns, complete with gunners. Centre frame could be seen a long winding valley road trailing off into the middle distance. The moon shone bright in the clear night sky, a band of marines were mid distance, fully engaged in a fire fight with a horde of those things rolling up over the distant valley. They were charging straight at them, they didn't even flinch as they were seemingly torn to pieces. In the foreground could be seen the remnants of RAF Cosford regiment fanning out in hope of absorbing the targets. The Humvee mounted machine gunners were illuminating the valley surroundings in the night with their gunfire scattered along the horizon line, it would have been strangely beautiful in a totally fucked up nightmarish kind of way, had it not been so real.

As the camera pivoted and manoeuvred for a better view, it momentarily panned down to reveal Sally Jenkins curled up in the foetal position, it looked like she'd wet herself, and if that were not enough, the sound of gunfire was rudely interrupted by the sound of high velocity jet engines, for a split second all firing seemed to cease. Then just as soon as the sound was heard, it was gone. Then the entire backside of the valley erupted into a wall of flames. Everyone in the foreground was visibly stunned, most further down were blow off their feet, those that weren't lowered their weapons and removed their helmets to get a better look, stunned by what had just occurred. Then suddenly one then two then three now four of them were within thirty feet of the Humvees they had gotten through the front lines, these are the ones that never stopped coming. This appeared to be the trigger that snapped everyone back to reality. The Humvee's machine guns erupted into action mowing down everything in its path, I swear to god I saw them accidentally cut down one of their own, but it all happened so quickly. Another explosion rocked the valley, this time on the backside out of view of the camera, but the resulting fire ball lit up the entire night, and as it did, it illuminated something even more horrifying. Emerging out of the smoke of the previous explosion were literally thousands of these frenzied things, and most if them were on fire now. Yet they were still charging forward. The Humvee's lit them up as they tried but failed to cover the retreat of RAF Cosford caught further down the Valley when the surge of burning bodies appeared through the smoke. Each Humvee gunner shouting "engaging!" giving the other time to reload. The regiments futile retreat was documented by a camera man apparently frozen in horror. As those few now left, attempted to claw their way back against the flood of sprinting shrieking burning flesh heading straight at them. The Humvee's never stopped firing in support, and the camera man never stopped recording the carnage ensuing. The screams of men knocked off their feet by the explosions moments earlier became desperate pleas that eventually lead to garbled silence. As a cruel and tragic final twist of the knife, just as one of the platoon finally reached the Humvee's, and the sight of burnt flesh was but a hundred feet away, the sound of retuning jet engines could be heard. The cameramans apparent frozen horror instinctively reacted to this sound, and as he turned to flea the camera caught sight of Sally Jenkins one last time. Curled up, frantically rocking herself from side to side, with her hands clasped to her head. Then the world erupted into a ball of flames and everything went black.

When the feed was disconnected and the black screen was suddenly filled with the light of the BBC studio set. The anchor sat there staring at his desk monitor for a good ten to fifteen seconds. You could hear a floor assistant verbally prompt him "you're back Evan..... Evan! " When Evans face finally did rise to meet the camera and the nations expectant gaze, his look was that of a man told he had only moments to live. He never said anything, he just stared around looking for other people's eyes to meet beyond the camera, seemingly looking for confirmation that this was not some kind of dream. I turned the TV off at this point.

This happened about four hours ago. Whatever happened, it is clear the UK is now breached too, thanks to the BBC and their fantastic exclusive, the entire nation now knows just how fucked it is. I saw my neighbour screech off in his car the other day with his girlfriend in tow, car stocked full of things. I could make out a portable television wedged up against the rear window of his car as he sailed off into the sunset. Judging by the show tonight, he would probably be better off skipping the news.

I am concerned the media has dropped all reference to our faithful interstellar friends signal, I am finding nothing online now, everyone is obviously wrapped up in more pressing matters. Am I the only one that thinks these things are connected ?. Are they our friends ?, could this have anything to do with that signal picked up from around Tau Sagittarii ?. Or are these just two extraordinarily disturbing random events, connected by nothing more than a short passage of time ?. I think these are questions that need answering, and quickly, because the entire world went from poor to grim within the space of two months, and now it's knocking at my door.

Maybe we should send a message back to Tau Sagittarii asking for assistance. We may get help in a few thousand years, or at least a polite refusal.

I have nowhere to go and nobody to find or seek out, my home is as secure as I could make it, and I have a long term plan, and that involves a lot of waiting and watching, and hopefully surviving. I need to rest up now because the next twenty four hours will be critical, the speed that those things were moving, they could well be here by sunrise. Tomorrow is another day, and it certainly couldn't be anywhere near as bad as today, could it ?.

January 25th, 2013.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 am » by Troll2rocks

January 26th, 2013.

22:06 pm.

I was in and out of sleep last night, I heard a car rip roaring down a nearby road at something past four this morning. I looked out of the window and saw nothing. Everything was still very quiet, so I got back into bed and tried to get back to sleep. Not long later I heard a loud clattering that sounded like it came from the backyard. It was loud enough to make nearby dogs bark. I investigated, and after checking through each upper window, I saw nothing.It was most likely just a stray cat. Not long later the local dogs settled. This would all be really normal given any other situation, but my heightened sense of awareness is making the smallest noises seem like nuclear detonations to my ears. I decided it was fruitless trying to go back to sleep, so I put my time to better use.

I spent most of the early hours of this morning mask taping the windows in my home. I taped the windows in grids. Not only will this help mask my movements from within my home. It would also serve to limit flying shards of glass should something disastrous occur. I certainly don't want to think along those lines, but I am preparing for any eventuality as best I can. In these sorts of situations you can never be too prepared. I had the last of my fresh milk this morning with some cereal, powdered milk and water from this point on baby. I decided I would attempt to focus on a book, At The Mountains of Madness by HP Lovecraft, it seemed appropriate, but I couldn't stop my mind wandering back to that BBC broadcast last night. Poor Sally Jenkins, not only would the last known images of her be of her curled up in the foetal position having wet herself, desperately trying to escape the madness going on all around her, but also of her on fire. I couldn't stop myself picturing the scene now. A scorched valley full of charred black corpses, faces and bodies burnt stiff in agony in the morning dew of the Dumfries boarder valley. With those things running in around and all over them, like a one way express train, next stop England.

It was this thought that drove me to put down my book and pluck up the courage to turn on the TV. I had avoided any radio or TV since that broadcast last night, and I wish that was still the case. When I finally turned on the set I was greeted with two newscasters, one rapidly shifting through papers on her side of the desk, the other addressing camera on his. " ...scheduled for circumvention in Manchester. If you notice unusual activity in your area please contact the number across the top of the screen. Martial law is in effect across the entire United Kingdom. Current commander of UK land forces Lieutenant General Adrian Bradshaw CB OBE gave a press conference this morning". The newscaster turned his head to the left to indicate an incoming VT. A big built middle aged man appeared on screen, standing in front of the usual makeshift podium outside of number ten Downing Street. He had the hard earned look that only a man who had served in the Armed Forces for twenty five years could achieve. He looked stern, and his eyes were cold as he scanned and absorbed the surrounding press pack. As cameras continued to flash, he began to speak in a gravely serious tone.

" At 01:50 hours this morning, I was granted authority to enact martial law across the entire United Kingdom, on authority of elected governmental representatives and Her Majesty the Queen. Small pocketed breaches of infected people are believed to have made their way through strategic checkpoints in Dumfries, Northumberland, and Cumbria. We have been prudent in intercepting the targets of these breaches, however we can not guarantee a full quota. Which is why we are asking everyone to remain indoors. You are not to go outside unless it is absolutely necessary. If you live in the surrounding areas of the Anglo Scottish border. You are not advised to approach military check points whatsoever, you must stay in your home. If for any reason you have need to approach a check point, walk don't run, and keep your hands clearly visible above your head. We are employing a zero tolerance policy. If you reside in a densely populated area within Scotland that has been affected, you are being advised to relocate if possible to the nearest major public stadium, military post, or hospital in your local area. All of which are being processed for public safety and declared safe zones for evacuation, which are being heavily enforced. Those residing in Edinburgh and Aberdeen are to absolutely advised remain inside. We are currently tackling issues in and around the surrounding counties in that area. It is not safe to leave your home unless you are authorised to do so. If you live in an unaffected centralised area neighbouring these counties, you are advised to make your way calmly from your location, to that of a dedicated safe zone, any major hospital, public stadium, or military post. Where public transport will be made available for evacuation. All nationwide public transport has been suspended until further notice. All railway networks unless being utilized for power grids or safe zone evacuation are terminated until further notice. If you are unable to leave your home, you are advised to contact the local CMB emergency line found across the top of your screen, and advise them of your circumstances. Repeat you are not to leave your homes unless absolutely necessary. I have allocated a substantial amount of Her Majesties Armed Forces to be deployed at strategic locations throughout the United Kingdoms residing counties. You are not advised to approach these checkpoints unless absolutely necessary. This matter is under control, and will be resolved promptly. Thank you". He turned and walked away to a deluge of flash photography and media questions.

The newscaster returned to the screen, "that was General Adrian Bradshaw CB OBE speaking from Downing Street this morning." Camera change, the female anchor began now. " The Queen was safely air lifted from Balmoral Castle to an undisclosed location in the UK last night. Alarms were allegedly raised when armed forces had to open fire along the perimeter of the grounds. The home office issued a statement regarding the safety of the Queen, and say she is fine and well." Camera change, the male presenter continued " Reports of a incidents in Manch..." I turned the TV off.

This is not good. I expected worse, but it's still not good. So they claim they have stemmed "pockets" of infected that got through Dumfries and god knows wherever else, and that they are still in control of the surrounding borders. Well it didn't look like they had control last night, and the burning swarm on the news filmed running through the Dumfries valley last night certainly didn't look like a "pocket" of anything. It looked like a charging inferno of death. They have it under control do they ?, really ?. I would love to believe that, I want to believe that, and I want to ignore what my gut feeling is telling me. I have heard and seen far to much to believe things people just say any more. I want to see it, because if they don't get this under control soon, this country could be all but lost within a week.

The rest of my morning and afternoon was spent backwards and forwards to the upstairs windows. I guess the technical term would be "curtain twitcher", I heard a few police sirens sounding every now and then, but I believe that is pretty normal for the area, and the police would be active. Nobody is on the streets though. This street has been an empty ghost town for days. The primary school directly across the road from me has been shut for a week now. Not even the caretaker has been to my knowledge. He would usually wake me up in the early hours every morning as he drove in the electric main gates, his first duty would usually involve throwing accumulated trash into the large garbage cans the other side of the concrete coping walls that surround all but the main front of the school. The sounds this guy managed to make at those early hours every weekday were marvellous. The main electric gates used for teacher access and delivered goods is directly opposite my front garden, the schools drive leads round to the back where teachers parked their cars. A little further down to the left is the main front of the primary school, where the children enter for their daily brainwashing. The school takes up the majority of the opposite side of my street, save for a few houses at the very bottom of the street. I have a clear unaffected view for about four miles from my upper front window looking out over the schools field, as apart from the schools electric front gates, most of the ground directly opposite me consists of the schools field. To the right of my home the grounds continue, there are trees that obscure my view as they continue on down following the perimeter of the concrete coping wall until they stop and reach the main road at the end of my street. There the concrete wall follows the road round and down until it reaches the main road that runs parallel to the back of the school grounds. Its a pretty large Primary school, but most of the grounds are taken up with the field. I would say the school takes up about a quarter of the entire grounds in total. I have a clear view for miles directly opposite me, I can make out the gas station and car dealership the other side of the school grounds, and the highways and byways that trail off into the horizon beyond those. My side of the street is your average street, well, apart from being a deserted ghost town caught in the middle of a country at war with itself.

The view from my back window is of a large well kept elongated garden, a large wooden fence which I have painstakingly glued crushed glass along the top of, separates mine from my neighbours. The view looking directly down from the back window is filled by my conservatory, I am able to see directly down inside it through the multiple rectangle skylights. Right down at the very bottom of my garden is a large shed which runs parallel to the back fence. Beyond that is a metro line stop, where people usually hustle and bustle onto the trams that stop as they come along the line all day. Beyond that is a steep embankment with steps leading up from the tram terminal to the road above. The road above is obscured by the trees running along the embankment. The trees and embankment are what dominate the view from my back window. I can just make out either side of the tram terminals up and beyond over my shed, the steps that lead up the large embankment to the road above are clearly visible, so if anything does come charging down there I will have a clear view. I am also pretty sure that I would be able to see if anything came running down the metro line that separates my backyard from the embankment beyond. I have a clear vantage point either side of my home of the surrounding neighbours gardens that run parallel to the tram line beyond. So if anything manages gets over either side, then I will have a decent drop on anything going wrong. I only tell you all this, because if I am to be documenting this ensuing nightmare, you may as well have a good description of where you are reading about. Not that I ever expect anybody to ever read this, but it is helping calm me from the thoughts swirling in my mind.

This evening has been uneventful. I haven't checked the net for days now. I turned the radio on earlier when I came up to bed to see if I could get any local information. Many stations were playing music, I eventually tuned in to one station that was receiving calls from listeners. One woman claimed to be calling in from Scotland and claimed she was forcibly removed from her home the day before last, and transported to some civic town hall a few counties over. where she complained people are cramped and don't have access to running water, and aren't being allowed to leave. She said about a hundred and fifty people were kept up by the sounds of intense gunfire last night, and that nobody is being told anything. The next caller was somebody that sounded hysterical, claiming aliens were knocking his front door, the radio host inquired what they looked like, to which the man replied. "they look naked man!" before bursting into fits of laughter, the call was disconnected. I chuckled at this, at least we still have humour. I'm guessing that call originated from somewhere in the south of the country where humour was still present.

The next call in was really disturbing though, she said her name was Molly and that she lived in Edinburgh. She claimed to be watching these things trap and bait people on the main street below her. An obviously sceptical host asked her what she witnessed, and she began, " there was a man laying down in the road at the end of my block earlier, he was screaming and appeared to be writhing in agony, he was covered in blood. This went on for something like twenty minutes or something, I'm not quite sure how long. Then I watched a person from across the road cautiously open his door and come out, his neighbour must have seen this and was soon out too. After talking to each other for a moment, while the screaming continued. Both guys seemed to come to an agreement, scanned the street up and down then quickly started moving toward the man laying in the middle of the road. When the first guy reached him he turned him over, and as he did the guy latched onto him and dragged him down. They were were both screaming then. The man not far behind saw this happen and turned to run, but was caught by about fifty of those things that ran in from the other street about ten yards from where he lived. I could see the curtains violently moving in the house he came from as everybody left in the street was forced to watch this man get savaged right in the middle of the street, outside of my house!. Only to get back up a minute later and run off down the street. I swear to you they set a trap, no doubt about it, I'm telling you this was a trap! ". The host asked what she could see now, and she said the street seemed quiet but the street lights weren't working any more, but that she could still make out a huge bloodstain in the middle of the street below her in darkness.

I have spent most of tonight wondering if I made the right choice staying here in my home and not just heading for the coast, providing I wasn't intercepted along the way, what was I going to do when I got there ?. Swim to France ?, France is worse than here right now. I don't own a boat or know how to drive one. I am sure I could learn, but first I would need to locate one amid this madness, then fill it full of provisions, make sure it was fully fuelled, and have in mind a pre determined destination that wouldn't take me straight into the hands of those things. How would I get to the coast anyway ?, if I drove it would have to be solely by using back roads. Which could be fraught with obstacles, not to mention potentially swarming with those things too. The motorways were a nightmare a week ago so I don't even want to know how bad they are now.

If I did do that though, my best bet would be to acquire transport as I go, keeping my provisions to a minimum, ditching a vehicle if a location becomes impassable, moving through on foot until I could acquire another vehicle to take me the rest of the way. That is doable, but really risky. I just think leaving my home would be the worst mistake I could make right now. Given martial law is in effect across the entire UK, and given the potential threat we all face. I am just as likely to get killed by the military as I am by those things now. I have no plan for such an excursion, but I do need to formulate one because I may have no choice but leave eventually. I realise moving now would be potentially safer though, but I don't know for sure just how far down the country those frenzied monsters have gotten. I would just be risking everything in doing so without a calculated plan, but I will be working on one though, that's for fucking sure.

Is this really happening ?.

January 26th, 2013.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Message recieved. Feb/13th/2012/15:37am

From. RL Weise, RDL/Lab/NM#06EAQ.

To. LHM/J8/Phelps/OHJ#C621
_________________________________________________________________________________

Numerical alpha key identified.

Spacial ratio and diameter combination used for preliminary decrypt.

Coordinate declination and inclination intact.

Sub values identified in cycle time.

Detailed values pertaining to chemical composites and metallic [redacted] compounds present.

Numerical primes indicated theorises potential quantum fluctuation.

Theorised particle potential used for instantaneous communication between solar bodies.

Intercept appears to dictate method of communication through singular particle manipulation.

Quantum receive transmit schematic theorised encoded.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am » by Troll2rocks

January 27th, 2013.

23:32 pm

This is not what I expected!.

I was out like a light last night, the last few days of constant worry and over preparation must be starting to take a toll on me. I awoke to the sound of dogs barking at around 4:30 am this morning. I proceeded to scan the back windows, nothing!. I could hear that one of the dogs barking was further down my left as I looked from the back window, but I couldn't see it. The dog was going crazy, another dog was barking somewhere off in the distance too, most likely the same that startled me the other night. I scanned the front windows too, moving from window to window pressing my face right up against the glass as I tried to gain full view of the length of the street without opening the windows. Nothing!. The barking continued.

After going back and forth between the front and back upper windows, numerous times. I made myself feel as comfortable as I could, and decided the back was secure of intrusion. I settled myself in the windowsill of the front upstairs window, and watched, with the lights off. I sat in the dark behind my mask taped window scanning the silent night and dark surroundings. The dogs were still going nuts, one seemingly spurring on the other. Then after about twenty minutes of seeing nothing, and day dreaming about better times, I detected movement at the very end of the street.

Almost crushing my face into the window to get a better look I could see that way down on the far left of the street something was slowly making its way down the centre of the road. It certainly wasn't human, but it looked to be moving very cautiously as it progressed. I initially thought it was a cat, but it was to big. As it moved under the first street light at the end of the street, it started to look more like a dog, moving like a cat. Every few steps it would stop periodically darting its head to the side as if it were hearing a noise. The only noise I could make out was the constant bellowing and barking from further down, and when that would die down the other dog off in the distance would answer, although the noise from that dog seemed quite distant in the early morning hours. The dog was approaching another street lamp now as it cautiously made its way down the street, it was about a quarter of the way down the street now. As it passed under the illuminated pavement I could see it was a mongrel. It looked like a sort of cross between a Rottweiler and a German Shepherd, it had dark patchwork fur all across its head and front, the rest of the dog was dark brown, apart from its dark front legs, which matched its front and head. it also looked like it had something trailing behind it as it moved slowly down the street.

The dog still appeared to have a lead attached to it, which wouldn't make this dog a stray. Somebody had lost their dog in this madness, or maybe even worse!. This poor scared creature was carefully making its way down the street, stopping and starting, I could now clearly hear the sound of something gently scraping the ground every time the dog moved forward. Every time it started to progress the thing on the end of the lead trailing it would bounce and jostle creating its own music, until the creature eventually stopped to survey the area, and would then start up again. The sound getting louder against the barking in the background as it progressed down the street. This is probably why it was moving so slowly, the sound of the lead was affecting its sensitive hearing, meaning it had to keep stopping to evaluate. It was probably the same thing that was setting the other dogs off too.

It was almost halfway up the street now, not far away from my front yard. I was almost about to go down and try and beckon it inside, until it passed through another illuminated part of the street. I could now see the thing on the end of the lead was one of those retractable dog handles, but that wasn't dark fur on its front, it looked like matted blood. It kept slowly moving forward. Just before it reached the front of my property it suddenly stopped, the leads chorus along with it. Its head went down and its shoulders up. Its head darted up in my direction, but I ducked from view before its eyes could lock onto me. I must have waited a good two minutes before I heard the sound of the lead start to rattle again. I waited a few more seconds and had a look.

The dog was just past my front now, I noticed a trail being left on the road from its left paw as it was creeping forward, it looked like blood. The thing must have been injured somehow, but it wasn't limping. As it passed under the next street light a little further down, it eventually stopped, lowered its head down again, then slowly turned it in the direction of the home where the noise originated. The sound coming from the dog in that backyard was frantic. I noticed the sound of the other dog in the distance had stopped now. If there are still people in that house, then why weren't they seeing to their dog ?, because it was going fucking wild!. If those things were to come sailing down this street at any moment, the noise from that dog would pretty much condemn that house. Maybe even the street.

I continued watching the dog, I watched it slowly turn in the road and face the home with all the noise, it stood there staring intensely in the middle of the road. I wanted a better look at it, so I had the notion to quietly go and dig out my binoculars. I cursed myself for not having them out ready, and about five or so minutes later I returned fully expecting the dog to have gone, but It was still there, and didn't appear to have moved at all. So I had a look though my binoculars, and what I saw still disturbs me.

The dog was indeed covered in blood, its entire front was covered in matted red fur. My instinct was right to duck, there was something really abnormal about this dog. Its slow creeping movement, combined with the blood, and now I could see its left paw was a badly gored mess. I could make out light pink flesh amongst blood gore and fur. How it managed to walk down here on that paw without limping is beyond me. I doubt I would even have heard it coming if it weren't for the rattle of that lead. Still, I spotted it before I even heard that rattle. So I guess that's what staying alert does for you.

However, the most disturbing thing about this dog, was its eyes. It was facing straight at the home down the road, but it wasn't looking at anything. Its eyes were rolled up into the back of its head, flickering. I could make out the tops of its pupils flickering up and down with the binoculars. Every so often its eyes would snap straight ahead, remain there for a few seconds, then roll back up into its head and resume flickering. That was as much movement as it made. it just stood there, covered in blood, eyes flickering, staring straight ahead, solid as a rock. It didn't blink.

I watched it until the sun came up, but it never moved an inch. I can't say I moved much either though, I was certain by now, that after watching this thing through my binoculars remain stationary for well over three hours straight, eyes flickering, refusing to blink, covered in blood, foot mangled, that there was no doubt about it, it was one of those things. Not only that, but it was here, and in my fucking street, and not only was it here, but it was a fucking dog and not a person!, and it didn't appear to be going anywhere!. Can this fucking thing get into dogs now ?. So it's not just people it affects now, but fucking animals too ?.

Around the time the sun came up came up this morning, the neighbours dog relented and is now only periodically letting rip. I have been tip toeing around in here all day. Backwards and forwards, making as little noise as possible. Like slowly running the water tap to fill up used water bottles, being careful to make as little sound as possible as I stood there watching a trickle of water fill up two litre bottles. Or like eating my cold dinner in the downstairs toilet, knowing full well that the smell and sound of my eating could attract the dogs attention. So I took every precaution I could to limit anything that could draw unwanted attention upon me.

Then earlier on I somehow managed to drop a pair of scissors onto the tiled surface of my bathroom floor. To my ears it sounded like someone had dropped a piano. I clasped my hand over my mouth to stifle my reaction, and it took me a good twenty minutes of tip toeing around while listening to my own heartbeat, to check on the window. Every creak of my floorboards sending a fresh wave of panic over me, I finally approached the window, and had a peek. The dog was still there, it hadn't budged. Relieved I made my way back into my room, locked the door and sat down to ponder the events of today. No news or internet today, I couldn't cope, fuck knows what's going on elsewhere. I chose to sit here and write this. When I go to sleep tonight, It will be with a chair propped against the bedroom door. I have a really bad feeling about this, and I will be following my gut instinct from now on. It's obviously there for a reason.

I know what these things are capable of, I've seen what they can do, I have seen it all too well over the previous few months. The last thing I want is for this thing to take notice of me and come barrelling straight towards my home, I know it cant get in, but I was really looking to avoid attention being drawn here, particularly the attention of those things. That dog may not be a major threat, but a horde of those things are. So I need to stay as silent as I can until I can think of some way to deal with this.

Before I go, I just went and checked on my new pet, it's still there, hasn't moved. There seems to be a trail of saliva drooling from the side of its mouth now, but nothing else has changed, its eyes are still flickering, and it flatly refuses to blink. On the bright side though, the dog further down has started barking again.

Sweetdreams.

What the fuck is going on ?, and what happened to that dogs owner!.

I have never felt so alone in my life.

January 27th, 2013.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Message received. Feb/23rd/2012/18:54pm

Full yield confirmed, cycles indicate anomaly duplicates.

WSNM Interested in preliminary data.

Residual distortion fully compensated, [redacted] intercept now clean.

Q,P,F,T,R Schematic encryption hypothesis tangible.

Original hypothesis fruitful.

LHC viable.

Probable indications of visual medium present in graphical anomaly overlay.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am » by Troll2rocks

January 28th, 2013.

23:41 pm.

Escalation!.

It's been a long day!.

For the third night in a row I was awoken from my slumber, but not by the local dogs this time, although they were barking again. The sound that woke me sounded like the horn of a truck, and it was loud. As the world suddenly started to come back to me, I heard it sound again, "Beeeeeeeeeeep". I shot up and all but threw the chair propped against my door aside. I rushed out of my room and then remembered that thing was outside. If you have ever seen a person switch from a flat out sprint to that of a tip toe, you will have an idea of what this must have looked like. As I began to tip toe quickly towards the front upper window, it sounded off again. "Beeeeep beeep... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". I stood dead in my tracks thinking to myself "holy fuck what the fuck are they doing ?, are these people fucking idiots!". I gave up tip toeing and headed straight for the window.

As I approached I could hear the rumble of a large engine, as my face pressed against the window I saw that further down the street my disgusting new pet still stood firm in the middle of the road. Just behind it from my vantage point I saw a large truck. It was dark green and had a green canvass covering its roof, and it filled the road. It couldn't be mistaken for anything other than military. It appeared to be a land force troop carrier. I quickly picked up my binoculars off the windowsill and focused in for a better look.

The mangled pooch was still directly facing the home further down, head straight forward, its unblinking eyes still flickering. It didn't move, or even react to that behemoth of a vehicle a few feet away from it, or its extremely loud horn. It just continued doing its thing, looking like it was listening to some sublime music with its rolled up eyes darting around in its head. Beyond it I could see the truck becoming impatient, as its engines started revving, "rhhhrrruummmm, rrrhhummmm", it would veer forward and backwards with every rev. The dog wasn't moving, as far as I could tell this thing couldn't give a fuck. The revving died down, and I heard the gears change, and I new exactly what was coming next.

So with my right hand holding the binoculars I continued viewing as my other hand clasped the handle of the window. My suspicions were indeed confirmed when I heard the sound of the right passenger door open. I focussed back on the dog, I watched its eyes snap forward, and seconds later it slowly turned its head in the direction of the vehicle. I could see that whomever was getting out of the passenger side of the truck had stopped mid process. He must have seen the things face. I took this quiet moment to do something completely unlike me, and in hindsight something completely stupid, I did something heroic!. I opened the window and screamed, " don't!, it's one of them! ". They must have heard me, as I watched in response the truck door immediately shut. I also caught sight of the dogs head snap around and focus directly up at me, I watched it pivot and turn in the street, as it kept its gaze on me, then start trotting straight down towards me, head focussed on me up in my window all the way, its rattling lead trailing in tow.

As I watched this in horror, I noticed the street illuminate, the vehicle further down had switched on its high beams. As my gaze followed the dogs, while it trotted down the centre of the street towards me, oblivious to the monster behind it. I heard the sound of revved engines and of gear changes, then the roar of the huge trucks engine as it accelerated forward. I never took my eyes off the dog and its unblinking intensely focussed gaze. Which was getting larger as it neared the centre street outside of my home. Just as it reached the edge of my property, the dogs back end suddenly disappeared under the large wheels of the truck in a hurricane of blood and gore. Its entire back half span round and up as it was ground up into the machinery of the wheel arch as the vehicle screeched to a halt. When the vehicle finally stopped just outside my home. I could see what was left of the thing was still looking up at me, its back end was nothing but a gored up mess, but Its front half was still almost fully upright on its sprayed front paws. It tried to raise itself up and turn its head around to look at whatever the thing was that had rudely interrupted it, it gave up turned its head back towards me, then fell face forward, dead. Its eyes flickered no more. As the horror before me died, I heard the sound of the passenger door again. Looking down from my open window I focussed on a middle aged man with a puzzled but stern face, clad in full on flecktarn combat attire, complete with helmet. In his arms he carried a fully automatic assault rifle, as he stepped down from the truck he glanced down at the thing caught between the wheels, he studied it for a moment, banged the side of the truck then looked up at me, smirked and said, " hell of an evening! ".

About five minutes later I found myself outside chatting to a platoon of the UK's finest. I say chatting, I was the one being asked all the questions. It was more like an informal interrogation. " What's the intel on your location son ? ", another walked over and said, " has there been incident's here ?, what the fuck was wrong with that dog! ", another asked me whose dog it was, and " why wouldn't it move out of our way ? ". I proceeded to inform them about the events of the previous day, which most of them stood around and listened to. There seemed to be an entire platoon. A group of about five others were making their way down either end of the street. I caught a few of them look around at each other when I told them about its flickering eyes and mangled foot. I told them flat out, that thing had not budged from the time that it had got here, until the time they pulled up in front of it. The guy that must have been the one who opened the door to go and forcibly remove it spoke up, " yeah I saw it, it looked straight at me!. Thanks for the heads up son ". I told him it wasn't a problem and that it was great to see a form of authority in the area. He looked middle aged, but cut out of rock. He smiled and said " I appreciate it ". Then conversation turned to their presence being here, and with that I stood speechless as the events I had missed the last few days were relayed to me.

I was told that Manchester, Liverpool, and the entire greater north of the country was a war zone. Apparently the pockets that breached the boarders were a little worse than feared and that those that managed to get through the boarder counties soon spread to the upper north of England. I was told the sweeps were going fine in low density population areas, but it was the heavily populated areas that couldn't be contained. One of the men said " I was posted in ST Helens two days ago, before I left orders were given to napalm the city centre streets. We were overrun in the space of about forty five minutes. They pushed us all back, were were told to salvage equipment and make our way to hummers for bug out when we finally heard the sound of air support. We were holding them back but they never stopped charging us. At first it was one or two that stumbled down the centre way, noticed us and sprinted straight towards us, screaming. We heard report that section six had been swarmed the next county down. So it was a waiting game, then a whole bunch of em turned up, and we blew the shit out of em, (he raised his gun towards me and motioned as if firing for the dramatic effect of the story, the middle aged guy stood next to him gently put out his hand and lowered the weapon for him, the guy acknowledged realising what he was doing, "oh fuck sorry!", the middle aged guy gave a nod to me and the other man continued) but they kept coming man, and they were all running now. Some of em looked burnt to shit too, and some of em were still fuckin smoking as they ran for us man, I'm tellin ya!. I think the sound of us shooting them was bringing more down on us. We kept our ground though man, until the flow became a surge. Two of my unit were caught down the other side of the centres main street by a pack of those pukers. The order to pull us came through thank fuck. The line was broken and I fucking booked it for that ride man. I watched the rear mirror as I saw missiles from the chopper above us tear the surroundings to pieces. I still can't hear out of my left ear good. Anyway about two minutes later our convoy was rocked on the road as I heard the sounds of hell coming from behind us. So I stuck my head out the window looked back as we raced forward to see wall after wall of flames smearing the fuckin horizon. Man it was all fucked up. The RAF were raining down fucking hell fire all over those pukers man!. Anyway, yeah, ST Helens man, ST Helens is fuckin done man, I saw it!. We've been calling it the battle of ST Helens ".

He grinned at me with an expectant look on his face, and must have been disappointed by my reaction. He averted my gaze and the person stood the other side of him started up. " He's right it's real bad up there, I was sent to Stoke and I was hearing all kinds of shit up there. I overheard chatter on com while a few of my unit were down talking to the guys the next point over. We all gathered round and heard orders for precision air strikes followed by coordinates for the payload. We could hear holy hell going on in the background. Sounded like they were fully engaged before the transmission cut off. He never finished giving his coordinates by the sounds of it ". A few of them shook their heads in grim understanding. Then I heard a guy speak up from behind the group clustered around the other side of my front wall. " I saw one of those things going house to house hammering the fucking doors! ", the guys parted so we could all get a better view of him, " yeah that's fuckin right!, house to house!. A group of us watched this thing slowly make its way down from the other end of the street. It was going to every front door along the left hand side of that street, when it reached a door, it started hammering the shit out of it, the only thing that would slow it down for a while would be if a gate was locked, it would stand there fumbling for a while and would eventually let itself in. Then it would smash the shit out of the door with both hands for a few seconds, then it would turn and walk away to go to the next house down. It looked like it was trying to get people to come out and play man, (a couple of the men chuckled). He continued, " anyway, it got about half way down the street and noticed us at the checkpoint crouched down behind our sand bags watching it. It ran at us like Usain Bolt so we blew its fuckin brains out! ". Most of the unit laughed at this, me included. He went on, " I saw it trying to get people out of their homes. What ever this infection thing is doing, these things aren't completely mad man, they're pretty smart too ".

I then told them about the girl from Scotland I heard on the radio who said she saw them baiting people on the street. This got a few raised eyebrows. Then one of them asked if I had been watching the news ?. I told him I had avoided it since the Dumfries boarder broadcast, and that I was in the dark about pretty much everything for the entire last three days. Most of the stuff they threw at me I was unable to absorb but I caught enough to get the gist. Scotland was lost. The army were no longer fighting the infection there, they were concentrating on evacuating those left. They said people were being shipped to the coast from safe zones and ferried over to Northern Ireland under escort. They said the Scottish Boarder is a no mans land of death. Apparently the majority of the entire armed forces are focussed in and around there. Reserves have been called up and check points have been set up at specific locations all over England and Wales. Which then brought us to why they were here.

I noticed in the background that as these conversations continued, the truck got parked up, men started getting camouflaged netting out of the back, men wandered backwards and forwards lumping sandbags, I noticed one of the men playing with the control panel on the electric gates of the schools drive opposite me. So as the last conversation ended and most of the guys went to attend to something. I tried to politely motion toward all the activity in the background, to those that remained, as if to say, " well okay, what the fuck is going on then ? ", because it didn't look like these guys were just passing through. Then the middle aged guy who I gave the heads up to told me, " We are here to secure and enforce the safe zone son, (he motioned towards the school) we have been ordered to set up a perimeter and make the area ready for the third contingency, don't worry we're only here as a precautionary measure ". I asked him what the third contingency actually was. He said, " should we have to start evacuating people, this is one of the areas that we protect and enforce. This is now a designated safe zone. Your school over there meets all the designated criteria, large grounds, reinforced walls, its not ideal, but I know people are making do with a whole lot worse up in Scotland, so this place isn't to bad really, so be thankful the good guys are the ones outside your door right now son. (I heard the familiar sound of the schools electric gates opening,) He went on, " Anyway, I have a lot of things to get done, it'l be sun up soon, so I'll try and fill you in a little more later if I can ". I told him that I'd really appreciate that, and with that he turned and started walking over towards the school, the others followed suit behind him. Before he disappeared, he turned and said " Thanks for the heads up son. Oh, and I want to speak with you about that! ", he motioned his arm over at the remains of the dog under the trucks wheel arch, which one of the men were busy trying to dig out of the wheels mechanism. I nodded, and he turned and walked away up into the pitch black of the schools drive.

I returned inside and began to process everything that had happened. throughout the day I watched the schools lights come on. I watched sand bags continue being carried down either side of the street. The truck was driven inside the school and pulled around the back out of view. I saw one of the men dispose of that dogs carcass in the industrial trash cans the other side of the electric gates. I watched around twenty men bustle around like ants all afternoon as they went backwards and forwards doing their thing. Then at around three O clock this afternoon, I heard another truck approaching, I saw it from the top window through the trees come up the parallel road and then turn into the right end of my street. Two armed men at the end of the street flagged it through after removing what looked like a couple of spiked ramps and a some sand bags. The truck came down the street and pulled into the schools drive. Two men sat either side of the drive as it turned and rolled in, nestled in their makeshift sandbag surroundings.

Then around twenty minutes later I watched two groups of four men come panting around and down the drive each carrying their equal share of a heavy load, in two four man teams. They appeared to be hauling two really heavy pieces of equipment. After a few more trips these things started to take shape. Now in place of the two men sat either side of the schools drive in their sand bag nests, stood two really big military gunner turrets. These nests seemed to be positioned to give maximum coverage of the entire street, a gun for each side. Problem was though, both of them appeared to be facing directly at my house. I hope one of those guys doesn't accidentally pull the trigger on one of those things. My house would be Swiss cheese in seconds.

Two police cars turned up a few hours later, they are currently located either side of the street blocking unauthorised access. Everything was really quiet, I couldn't see any traffic on the roads, or people walking the streets. My street and the school opposite though, were a flurry of activity. I could hear the camaraderie between friends who had likely seen a lot of shit together. For a brief moment, it felt almost normal. Then I soon remembered, they were the armed forces laughing and joking around below me, and not just the average passer by on the street. Then I realised my street had gone from a ghost town, to a military fortress and safe zone within the space of twelve hours. It's a lot to absorb, but there is no longer any need for me to tip toe around, that's for sure. So fuck you pooch, and your fucked up demonic flickering eyes!.

A couple of hours ago I was startled to hear my door knock, it was the middle aged guy I gave the heads up to. He asked if it was alright if he gave me a short debrief. Never having been debriefed on anything before, I invited him inside. I made him a drink with my fantastic powdered milk, we sat down and he began to talk.

" Okay son, so I have explained to you the school adjacent you is deemed a designated safe zone, correct ?, (I nodded), well the tram line behind your property is scheduled for public safe zone transport, and the stop directly behind your property is the terminus at which civilians will be met and accompanied to the schools grounds. This is all assuming the school over the road from you is activated of course. (I nodded again) So effectively you are dead centre of the safe zone. Tomorrow you will see a lot of activity in and around here. I don't want you to be alarmed by this, but by the end of tomorrow we are going to have a significant presence here. So I want you to be aware that from this moment forward all property within the safe zone is hereby considered the property of Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Armed Forces, until further notice. (He must have noticed my reaction) Now don't worry son I know how that sounds, but I have to tell you this, we are not here to drag you from your home. I am telling you this because in the event of enemy engagement, we will require all residence to report straight to the safe zone, which for you means walking over the road. (I smiled) We require this because in the event of enemy engagement the surrounding area will no longer be safe enough for people to stay within their homes. (I asked "why ?") Well I could give you the standard, its just for your own safety line, but the truth is son, that a lot of ammunition will be flying around in that eventuality, and with the equipment we'll be packing soon, its just safer for all concerned to remain within the designated safe zone grounds if that were to happen. Which will be located on the school grounds opposite you. (I understood completely and nodded) Now my name is Captain Richard Williamson, I am currently first in command of SZC97, (I gave a puzzled look) yeah I know, that's just desk jockey talk for your school over there. I shall be relieved of full command when higher authority reaches here in the coming days, where I shall assume secondary command. So for the time being if you have any issues, you can bring them to me. Now I only say this to you, as a thank you for giving me the drop on that thing earlier on. (he leaned forward, and spoke in a deeper tone) Now about that thing!, I want you to write down everything you saw it do. I have a few men on route here in the coming days who are I'm told very keen to speak with you about it. I have had to order one of my men to retrieve the body of that thing out of the trash so they can inspect it when they arrive. I've had to put the thing in a freezer in the schools cafeteria. Not the ideal location I'm sure, but the point is brass want to know what you know, and they want to know sooner rather than later. (I nodded again understanding) This whole thing disturbs me you know!. (I asked "What ?") If it's affecting the animals too, god help us. That dog if infected, and as you told me and as I saw with my own eyes. Was seven shades of wrong!. (I nodded in total agreement, I was a nodding machine tonight) It shouldn't have been here, and its presence here is disturbing because it would mark the furthest known advance of this viral outbreak we know of. I just hope it got nobody on the way down here. So brace yourself for a lot of questions in the coming days son, okay ?". I nodded yet again, and then remembered the dogs blood soaked fur, and the lead that trailed from its collar.

He thanked me for the drink, and once again for the heads up, and said he would likely be calling in on me again tomorrow, and not to mention what he had just told me to anyone else. Which wouldn't be a problem, I haven't seen anyone else except for these guys in days!. As he left and walked back over towards the school, he once again turned and spoke. " Were those MRE's I saw in there ? " I laughed and shouted " yeah I love em! " to which he replied, " stay away from the beef stew, I hear it tastes like shit! ". Smiling he turned away and walked back up into the darkness of the schools drive. The two men either side of him saluted as he passed.

Smiling I closed my door and came up to write this.

Well it looks like it's a good thing I have been documenting this madness for the last four days. Seems some people may be extremely interested in what I had to write. I may add an edit or two as I am sure there may be a little to much tip toeing around for my liking, especially if it's the fucking military that's going to be reading it.

So I end tonight with my spirits reinvigorated, my street has become a fortress within the span of twenty four hours, my demon pet has been vanquished by its wheel arch nemesis (har har), and I sit smack bang in the centre of a designated military safe zone. Now if only they would train those guns off my house I might get a little fucking sleep.

Still surviving, odds increasing. Hoo haa!.

Fuck you pooch!

January 28th, 2013.

____________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________
Message received. Feb/25th/2012/17:31pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Visual medium present.

Format currently unobtainable due to residual overlay corruption.

Processing of graphical overlay indicate primes encoded values pertain to [redacted].

Authorization enacted on behalf of WSNM.

Further funding authorised.

Study continues to harbour new insight into the make up of the [redacted] intended purpose.

Theorized schemata elusive but probable.

Proceeding with decrypt and encode of visual medium, [redacted] hardware on route.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm » by Troll2rocks

January 29th, 2013.

21:51 pm.

First good nights sleep in weeks!.

I awoke to daylight this morning for the first time in a while. I would have slept longer but I heard the jostling and rumbling of a truck from out front, I got up and approached the window. These guys work fast, I'l give em that. I could see the left hand side of the schools field closest to me was already having military tenting erected in it. I could see a row of three in a line parallel to the schools front concrete copping wall. It looked like there were three of those large military trucks now. Each parked just behind the three large field tents now being erected. Beyond those I could see men moving around the entire complex, and a digger going to work on a section of the far field. The school was teaming with activity.

Two large military grade humvee's sat parked further up the schools drive just before it takes a left and curves round behind the side of the school. Meanwhile in the street there are cars once again, or green Land Rovers anyway. These things looked better equipped to deal with rural areas, rather than heavily built up areas like mine. Mud and dirt was all over them, particularly caked around there wheel arch's. There are two of these parked a little further up on the right, and one a little further down on the left parked just outside the main entrance to the school. Where I also saw a group of three men busy boxing in the iron fence that was directly outside the main entrance with large panels of wood. No doubt to plug a weakness in the perimeter. I could also see people bustling around through the school windows, and either side of the street those police cars still blocked access the road. I could see clusters of armed men at either side too, keeping watch.

I looked down over the road below me to find those huge turret guns still facing my home, " no change there then! " I thought to myself. There were indeed men sitting behind them now though, worryingly. One of the guys behind the turret was talking to another guy stood drinking a coffee as they casually joked around like all of this was the most normal thing in the world. The guy drinking noticed me up in the window, looked up at me and raised his cup in the international gesture of " morning ". I pulled the nets aside and waved hello. To which he gestured back. I smiled and did something that must have looked ridiculous, I saluted. I saw a brief flash appear on the guys face that gave away his inner thought of, " what the fuck was that ? ", then smiled and nodded his head.

I then proceeded to go and have the first normal morning in a long time. I had a shave, shower, made a warm drink. All without darting between windows and watching my noise levels. It's good to have those guys out there. I feel secure, or as secure as it's possible to feel given the current situation.

We must be doing okay, the power is still running, street lights are still coming on at night, and my wifi router is still picking up a signal. I decided I was going to take this extra time granted me, and make my property as secure as is absolutely possible. I made myself a full breakfast, the last of my eggs, I defrosted some bacon and sausages, and had a full can of beans. I sat eating this downstairs watching the flurry outside continue through my front barred windows. I felt kind of useless sat in here watching everything continue on outside, it made me feel like some useless and unimportant onlooker. Which I guess was closer to the truth than I was comfortable with admitting to myself, so I chose to ignore this notion and continued watching, like Gollum watched Frodo from behind his rocks.

I went out back soon after and saw two armed men standing at the very top of the steps that lead up to the embankment from the tram terminus. I scanned the horizon of the embankment and could make out rows of what looked like trucks and military vehicles all along the embankment line through the trees that obscured them on the road above. There were a lot of people up there too by the looks of it. I was unable to see over my fence from down there but it sounded like there was sound coming from the tram terminus stop too. Good lord this place had become busy in the last twenty four hours. There must be around a hundred people milling in and around this safe zone. Off in the distance I could hear the rumbling of more trucks approaching.

It was strange looking up at the sky and seeing it clean of contrails and planes. The sky was bright blue, and I could hear the chirps of local birds off in the distance as the sounds of approaching trucks grew louder. The sound of the everyday hustle bustle of people and approaching traffic made everything seem so normal, this was how it normally was, but of course it wasn't normal. These men and women were busy making this area a fortress, and as good as that sounds given the circumstances, it was the implications of all this that was nagging at the back of my mind.

The initial high of me having ready protection all around me, soon gave way to the notion that, should everything go really wrong, and the country becomes swarmed, then people would be coming right here, and locating over the road from me, to allegedly be shipped to the coast for evacuation, but evacuated to where ?. Is there still anywhere by now ?.

This location was part of the so called third contingency plan, as Captain Williamson informed me last night. I wondered how many locations were springing up just like this one all over the UK. If things went really wrong, I doubt I would have to see the news to find out, I would just have to look out back to see the trams start pulling up full of people. No doubt with those things not far behind them. Speaking of those things, this safe zone would surely become one of the most heavily sieged local areas if the shit went down and those things are indeed attracted to noise. Nobody around here seems even slightly concerned with their decibel level. It's not in their job description.

After surveying my surroundings, and reinforcing the side gate that leads around the right of my home to the garden beyond, with a heavy bench I dragged around from the garden propped against it. I returned inside and started preparing my notes, recalling every detail I could about that fucked up dog. I thought I was almost done doing this, when I heard my front door knock. For some reason I chose to have a look through the front window first, but I already knew who it was. When I opened the door Captain Williamson stood before me smiling, helmet under his right arm, and as if on cue, behind him I saw and heard a huge twin rotored military chopper begin to descend into the school grounds. He must have watched the sight of this distract my attention because when I looked back at him he had a wry smile on his face and said, " yeah, that'd be why I'm here son ". Yeah, this guy knows how to make an entrance alright.

He came inside, I made him a drink, we exchanged pleasantries and he asked if activity outside had been disturbing me, and I told him that actually I have had the first solids night sleep in weeks thanks to them. We sat down and he got down to why he was here. " That chopper you saw a few minutes ago, is carrying two men that have come a long way specifically to see that... well, specimen they called it. They also want to speak with you son. In a short while I will be heading back over there (he motioned over the road) to debrief them, and I was hoping I would have your full cooperation ". I interrupted, " yes of course absolutely ", he smiled then gave a nod of thanks and continued. " Now I am not authorized to bring civilians into SZ2C... (he stopped in his tracks), er... that damn school over there. Unless we are activated of course, it's all red tape son, but luckily for us, your location isn't even a click away. So I will leave in a few moments to debrief the new arrivals, but when I return, it will be with the gentlemen that want to speak with you, do you understood ?, (I nodded), good. Now I asked you last night to compile notes on everything you saw that thing do. (I nodded again, gotta stop doing that!) I assume you have done this, correct ? ". I told him I had just about finished them when he knocked the door, gesturing over to the strewn papers that littered a nearby surface. He nodded this time, then said, " good man, okay then, I have a few things to attend and I'l return in a short while ". We said our good byes and he exited and returned over the road, as the men either side of the turrets stood and saluted, as if by habit now, he turned and said " one of these men has flown in from London I hear, so what ever it is you have to say, make it clear and precise son ". (I nodded and smiled) and he walked back up into the schools grounds. Which by now, looked more like a military base.

I spent the next hour and a half watching the school, in that time another chopper arrived, this one looked like it was painted for war in Afghanistan, it looked formidable as it disappeared from view over the back half of the schools grounds. I sat and watched as the men manning the turrets opposite me were relieved and replaced, and as two more fully stocked troop carriers pulled into the street and drove into the schools drive. This place was not only starting to look like a military base, but a stronghold. I sat there watching all this unfold with raised eyebrows, when I noticed three figures start making their way down and around the schools drive before me. Captain Williamson was returning, and the men either side of him were talking to him as they approached, the guy on the left was wearing military combat pants and a black T shirt, and the guy to the right was dressed in trousers and shirt. I made an educated guess as to which was the guy from London, and went down to greet them at the door as they crossed the street.

I invited them in, we all shook hands, and Captain Williamson introduced my new guests. " This is Major Tom Stanton ", pointing at the tall broad guy in the combat pants, He smiled and nodded in response, " and this is Stephen Limefield ", gesturing towards the smaller more bureaucratic looking guy, to which he politely replied " hello there ". We exchanged pleasantries I offered everyone drinks, to which all accepted. Tom Stanton made a remark about my taste in food, " you like those things ? " gesturing to the stack of MRE containers stacked on a nearby surface. We all had a chuckle, the meet and greets were over, and for the third time in two days I sat down to be debriefed, only this time I was going to be doing a little debriefing of my own.

Stephen Limefield started the first line of questioning as we all sat around, " I hear you had a weird experience yesterday, can you tell us about that ? ". I basically explained everything I wrote in here, every so often Stephen would interrupt with another question, " so it never made any noticeable movement even to outside stimulus like the horn ? ", to which I shook my head, and at this point Captain Williamson gave his account, " We turned into the street and there was a dog stood in the centre of the road, we approached it with the truck and it showed no sign of movement, so we honked our horn and revved the engines but it just stood there. I opened the truck to get out and go kick the bloody thing out of the way, but as I went to get out I saw it's head turn to face me. It had blood all over its face, and its eyes looked wrong, it was then I heard him shout over there, (he gestured towards me) I heard him shout "one of them!" or words to that effect, to be honest having seen what I had up to that point I wasn't going to argue. I shut the door, and saw the dog turn and stare up at him in the window (gestured to me again), it then started down towards him. I ordered the driver to run it down, and that's pretty much how I arrived at command ". Stephen spoke up again looking at me, " so it responded to the sound of your voice ? ". I told him it homed straight in on me, he then muttered as if to himself " strange it only responded to vocals... Captain you said it responded to you opening the door of your truck, but not to the sound of the trucks horn ?, (Captain Williamson nodded), that is strange indeed ". Then Tom Stanton who had up until this point been quietly listening to all of this, looked at me and said, " did it make any attempt to speak to you ? ". I saw Stephens gaze move directly to Tom, along with a rather confused Captain Williamsons baffled stare. Dumbfounded I absorbed this for a second and studied his face for traces of humour, I couldn't see any. So I gave a nervous laugh and said, " what ? ", his stone cold response was, " did it ? ". To which the only thing I could think to say was, " I wasn't aware dogs could do that ? ", I gave a brief nervous chuckle and scanned faces to see if anyone responded, they didn't, then continued, " I have my notes I wrote for you, I have put everything I saw it do in them ". He nodded at me looking satisfied, and that weird little exchange came to a halt. Stephen soon chimed in, " well thank you for your notes, we may come and speak with you again tomorrow before we leave, okay ?. I nodded still confused from the previous exchange, as everyone stood up and went to leave, I could see Captain Williamson looking a little perplexed himself.

Both Major Ton Stanton and Stephen Limefield shook my hand before they left and Captain Williamson said " thanks again for your time son, I'l come and check on you tomorrow ", he looked distracted and headed off in the direction of the school, following the two men who were already walking up into the grounds. He never turned and said anything this time.

They left just over an hour ago, I came up here to write this, I don't know what to make of Toms ridiculous question. Who the fuck is that guy ?, that guy Stephen looked pissed when he asked me that moronic question. Good god I do hope we have better people working on this problem than Tom Stanton, fuck me!.

Time for sleep now, I can hear more trucks pulling into the new military barracks over the road. Let's see what tomorrow brings, perhaps even a talking dog!.

DID IT SPEAK TO YOU ?.

Good lord!.

January 29th, 2013.

________________________________________________________________________________

Message received. Feb/27th/2012/01:13pm

Visual medium uncovered.

Processing for recovery.

Will notify when ready.

LM hardware exceeding expectations.

GLNA awaiting [redacted] and correspondence.

Rudimentary numerical alphabetized signatures discovered.

Method indicated suggests basic translational key.

No trace of schemata for hypothesized Q,F,T,R.

Confident of existence.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm » by Troll2rocks

January 30th, 2013.

22:06 pm.

Good news, bad news, and a whole lot of weird shit!.

I once again awoke to daylight today, only I awoke to the sound of my door knocking too. I looked at my watch and I could't believe how late I'd slept in. It was 10:45, I rushed over to the window and shouted " two minutes! ", I quickly got dressed and went downstairs to open the door. Captain Williamson, Tom Stanton and Stephen Limefield were there to greet me. Captain Williamson with a dry smile was quick to say, " what the hell kinda time do you call this son ? ". I laughed and made my excuses, which basically boiled down to me not having much sleep for a while, they all stood there jokingly nodding as if I was full of shit and I asked them all inside.

We sat down and Stephen began straight away, " so I have been reviewing your notes, and I want to thank you for making such a detailed account for us, but there are a few things I would like to get a better understanding of, if that's okay with you ? ". To which I said " of course, what is it I can help with ? ". " Well I was wondering about the dogs you mentioned in your notes, the ones that were barking in response to that other dogs presence. Have they been acting erratically recently or displaying any strange characteristics ? ". I explained to them that I never saw the other dogs, and have never seen the dog in my neighbours yard, only heard it, but that it was going frantic for several days straight, before going quiet. Both Stephen and Tom exchanged glances at this. I also told them that I thought it was strange the neighbours hadn't seen to it, and thought they must have gone and left the poor thing behind, and that I haven't seen any member of my street for going on a week now.

Stephen turned to Captain Williamson at hearing this and said, " Captain could you have your men do a sweep of the neighbourhood starting with the house down the street please ". Captain Williamson nodded and got up, picked up his helmet and and proceeded outside, closing the door behind him. Tom and Stephen remained, which I was thankful for because I had a few questions of my own. I suddenly spoke up like someone that was about to clear the air, " alright guys, I don't think I can ignore this any longer, and I wont pretend to have any need to know basis, but I would like to know two really simple things... " I saw Tom cock his head at this, like he was thinking " oh really, is that so ? ", I continued. " One, I'd like to know if this thing is capable of getting into animals, because I know that these things will attack animals, but I hadn't heard animals could be infected by them ". Stephen nodded, I continued, " and two, why on earth was I asked if that fuckin dog tried to speak to me ? ". Stephen looked over at Tom, I did too, I saw Toms eyes narrow, then he relented, gave a slight smile and said " I realise that must have sounded weird, but these are weird times, and we're hearing a lot of weird things ". So I replied the obvious, " what, weird as in talking dogs ?. Smiling, he causally replied, " son, you wouldn't believe the things we're hearing! ". Stephen broke in at this, " we are having to follow up everything we are hearing in relation to this outbreak, and... a lot of it is either really unpleasant, or bordering on the really bizarre side of things. However we are making a distinct effort to correlate all known information known, with all reports coming in. Which is the reason why I am here in the first place ". Tom broke in on that, looking at me he asked, " You have been watching the news, right ? ".

I yet again had to explain that I had been pretty much avoiding all news after the Dumfries fiasco. Stephen spoke again, " well there is no point in sugar coating it, the north is in a bad way. We are suffering a lot of loss up there, Scotland is hell on Earth I'm told, and all kinds of weird stories are emerging from there. Although, I haven't seen any news coming out of there for a while, most probably because it's to dangerous for reporters, which is not a good sign in any situation. So we have our hands full, me and Tom here (he gestured at Tom) are tasked with collecting first hand accounts of some of the more stranger occurrences, but we're not the only ones. This is mainly because we are trying to establish if the conditions for which contamination is passable to a host, could be changing. However it appears to be pretty consistent from what we are finding up to now. It's primarily passed to a host by the bodily excretions of the infected, through either open wounds or orifices, by either bite or excretion, and it works fast. Actually its unprecedented, it can take less than a minute to go from normal to noticeably infected, and less than two to turn violent with it. It takes a few more hours for the human body to catch up and start excreting, (by this I think he meant puke blood over people) what happens is the hosts insides appear to build up excessive amounts of stomach acid and bile, eventually it will significantly eats through the stomach lining, and allow all kinds of contaminates into the stomach itself. What is not understood, is how this virus controls the host and stabilizes this effect until it is ready for use. However this viral strain is most definitely affecting the brain too, it's clear that those contaminated feel a restricted sense of pain if injured. They are also overly aggressive, and seemingly have only one goal once infected, to infect more. They appear to be nothing more than living shells serving the viral host within them. What is strangest of all though, is that as far as I know up to this point, nobody has been able to isolate a strain that is causing this. People infected don't appear to have any viral containments present in their blood or saliva at all, which is just bizarre, not to mention unheard of. Obviously, we know it must be in there, but it's just that as of yet we haven't been able to locate it and pin it down, but we will ". I interrupted, " have you tried looking at the puke ? ". He gave a short laugh and continued, " The puke as you say, while nasty and full of all sorts of horrible stuff, doesn't appear to contain anything either, it actually appears to be far less contaminated than that of the averages persons stomach. Which is downright mystifying. So basically as it all stands right now, people appear to be passing on an infection to each other, that they don't appear to have. Now wouldn't you say that sounds just as strange as a talking dog to you ? ". To which I had to nod and agree.

I sat back absorbing this for a while, as I think we all were. I then said something that I saw took Stephen by surprise, I said, " why isn't anyone talking about that signal we got any more ? ", to which they both exchanged a brief glance as Stephen resumed talking after giving another short laugh " I think we have more important things to deal with than that at the moment ". I was about to go into my reason for bringing that up when the front door knocked again. I answered it to find a man I haven't seen before standing there, dressed like he belonged in Kabul. " Captain Williams requests Major Tom Stanton and Stephen Limefield immediately. ", I didn't even have to call them, they'd heard, they were already on their way out. They both said a brief thank you as they passed me on the way out the door and joined the Lieutenant, and with that, I was alone again, even more confused, with even more questions.

The afternoon passed uneventfully, the sun went down, men continued going back and forth, I could see that the three large military tents in the schools grounds were now fully erected, and even more trucks appeared inside the grounds, along with a combination of hummers and land rovers. The street was also pretty full too now, with a lot of activity centred up around the top right of the street. Up along the road along the embankment beyond the tram line, I could see lots of movement. This place was teaming. There must be around three to four hundred people here now, easily, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of them stopping either. Trucks, police cars and hummers were coming and going all the time, along with the occasional chopper touching down into the school grounds, and taking off ten minutes later to sail back off into the horizon. I saw enough of this and decided it was high time for some food.

A few hours ago my door knocked again. I don't think I have ever been so popular. It was Captain Williamson again, " may I come in son ? ", I told him of course he could, made the drinks and sat down for my nightly debrief. " You handled yourself well today son, I know those kinda guys can be intimidating to some, but you held your own I gotta say. I heard you gave them a grilling of your own just after I left too, is that so ? ". I smiled and said, " yeah you could say that I guess, but I am more confused now than before ". He laughed and said, " yeah, they have a way of doing that don't they! ". We both laughed, and I began to tell him what was discussed, he listened quietly and only spoke up when I had finished. " They said people aren't infected ? ", I nodded, and he said, " well they sure as shit did to me when I was staring at them down the barrel of my gun ". Then I told him about me bringing up the signal to them, to which he broke in, " you know I cant say that thought hasn't crossed my mind either ", I asked " what thought ? ", he continued, " that the thing those NASA guys picked up in space might have something to do with all this. I'm sure people on the internet are all over that one anyway, those that are left anyway ". I shuddered at the implications of that, and he went on, " but when you think about it, it doesn't make sense really. I mean that signal stopped transmitting after four days, well over a year ago now, so there is a good period of time separating these events, and I can't really see a way that they relate to each other. I think it's just a bad coincidence myself, one of gods cruel little tricks, giving us the gift of knowing we're not alone out here. Just before taking away most of those people capable of appreciating it. Do you follow ? ". I did, completely.

After making another drink the subject was changed to the reason he was here tonight. " I don't wan't you to be alarmed, but there is a little concern that your street is a little on the quiet side son, so we are going to be going from door to door tomorrow checking on which properties are vacated and which are inhabited. So when you see this, I don't want you to think we are pulling people from homes for evacuation. (I nodded, wish I'd stop doing that now) I have given express orders to forgo this property, as you have made yourself well known to the men, and are widely becoming known as the guy who saved my ass (I looked surprised), yeah, it may not have seemed much, but if you hadn't of shouted, I may well have gotten out of that truck and gotten infected. So I along with the guys tend to respect that, and respect is a hard thing to earn from the enlisted, believe me ". I smiled at the thought of this, and I saw Captain Williams face grow concerned " we checked that house down the road there, the one where you said there was a dog barking!. We checked the windows and everything seemed empty and quiet, but fine, so I had one of my men force the door and check the inside. Everything seemed fine, it was then that one of my men asked me to come through and look at something. He walked me through the house to the back kitchen, where it seems a couple of my men were already helping themselves to coffee, after verbally reprimanding them for this, the man that brought me through pointed out the window. In the back yard was that dog you mentioned you heard barking. It does appear the owners just left the dog as you speculated. However the dog that's in the back yard now, isn't doing anything at all. It was standing there stationary, looking straight towards the kitchen at us, with those rolled up flickering eyes you mentioned. Stephen and Tom are there right now documenting it, for science!, or whatever the hell it is they do. I think they will be staying on here for a few more days to study it. I have expressly forbidden the back door being opened, and I have an armed guard with his gun sighted on that thing at all times, but I wanted to ask you if you are one hundred percent sure that you never saw that thing move from its position the other night ? ".

After the shock of absorbing this, I told him that for as long as I watched it, it never moved an inch, but that I did go to sleep so I couldn't say for certain, but I said that when I awoke, they were already pulled up in front of it, and it didn't appear to have moved an inch so far as I could tell, to which Captain Williamson said, " Yeah I thought as much, but somehow, that dog back there, got whatever that other one had, and if they didn't come into contact with each other, then this draws a big line under the what the shit O meter. I think Limefield wants to speak with you again tomorrow son, okay ? ". I nodded while still trying to absorb everything I had just heard, which as of writing this, I still am, not fucking good by the way!. He continued, " so I want you up bright and early in the morning son, the man down there may need to consult with you, so I may need you on early standby for consultation, (I nodded again) good man, we will be conducting a street sweep at 07:30 hours, I shall see you in the morning son ".

As things were wrapped up, we made our way to the door and before he went to leave he said, " you know son I was looking at those MRE's you got there, and I can't say I've ever tried me a chicken curry one before, what they like ? ". I said they weren't very good, but it beat eating dog shit, and that I would be glad for him to have one to try for himself. He began, " Well it wouldn't be right of me to just have one of those off you, but I would be willing to trade you something for it ". He flashed a grin, and I asked " okay, what did you have in mind ", then he held out his hand and handed me a gun. " There, I think that might cover it ". I was stuck for words for a few seconds, my eyebrows almost flew off my head, I explained to him that I shouldn't have that, and he replied " and England shouldn't be under siege from a swarm of rabid animals!, but it is. Now I don't wan't to see you carrying that thing outside unless this place is swarming with infected, in which case I would expect you to be over the road there helping us hold the lines with it. Otherwise, its for your home protection only, understood ?. (I nodded) It has a full clip, and the safety is on, (he pointed to the switch), you need to flip that to make it fire, the rest is as simple as lining up the sights and pulling the trigger ". I said, " yes sir, does this mean I'm one of you military guys now ?. To which he replied, "as far as I'm concerned son, you have been since you shouted me from your window up there (he gestured up), and we need all the help we can get, problem is though son, I expect a hell of a lot from my guys, (he smirked) so I expect to see you up at six am sharp from here on in son, understood ?. (I smiled and nodded) we'll make a military man of you yet. Goodnight son ". He gave a nod, smiled then set off for the school. This time I shouted, " hey what about your chicken curry... Sir! ", as he walked away up into the drive he looked over his shoulder and said " I'm saving it for tomorrow... cadet! Six am sharp now son! ". We both smiled, and he walked away back up into the darkness of the areas new military stronghold.

Now I have a gun. Ho Ho Ho.

Was he serious, have I been enlisted ?. I better be up for six just in case.

January 30th, 2013

____________________________________________________________________________________

Message received. Mar/3rd/2012/15:28pm

Anomalous corruption in string set three resulted in loss of data.

Set back temporary.

Evaluation indicates nothing permanent.

Visual medium representative of [redacted] life form and numerical alpha key translational template.

A firm understanding of current society is hypothesized as likely.

No trace of schemata still processing [redacted].

Key and translational template indicative of societal foresight.

Translational key template test message decoded via instruction. Read: " UNDERSTAND "

People very excited.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 am » by Troll2rocks

January 31st, 2013.

23:18 pm.

Today, China did the unthinkable.

So I sit here writing this with my gun sat next to me. It's a Glock 17, manufactured in Austria. It feels strange having a gun in my home, but given the circumstances I certainly wont complain, I'm more than happy to have it.

Today, I rose at 5:30 with the help of my alarm. I made sure my downstairs light was on. So it could be seen I was up. I had a quick look over the road out of the window, a turret guard noticed me through the gloom of the early hours and waved my way. I waved back, then went and got dressed, got myself a drink, and decided to make two more cups for the turret guys. I thought well if they have big guns pointed right at my house, I may as well get on their good side. It was about 5:50 when I gingerly made my way with a small tray of drinks over to the other side of the road. I watched the men sitting behind the guns exchange looks like this wasn't normal, but I guess nothings normal at the moment, and may never be again. So I carried on over and they gladly accepted them regardless. So I asked them how their night was, to which one replied " cold and quiet, been watching them go in and out of that house down there for the most part ", He pointed at the home where that dog was likely still doing the eye dance, the man in the opposite turret began " we've watched em in and out of that place all night, they got guards on the door, look... ". I turned around and saw two men standing right by the front door quietly looking straight down the street right in my direction. I turned back around and scanned the rest of the street, everything seemed quiet, the schools lights were all on, and I could see movement inside, and at either end of the road. The man behind the turret went on, " must be some important shithead living there, do you know whose it is ?. Referring to the house he looked at me quizzically, I told him it was just my neighbours house but that I never saw much of them, and that they were a middle aged couple and mostly kept to themselves. They obviously had no idea about the dog so I chose to ignore that little detail. He looked back at me nodding as I relayed all of this, and said " well whatever it is going on over there, its had us spooked all night. So I've had mr blasty here (he patted the side of the turret) zeroed on that place pretty much all night too ", he gestured with a big grin all over his face down over towards the two men stood either side of the door, they were still looking our way!. He continued. " Those boys over there ain't stopped lookin since I pointed this thing at em! ". He began laughing and the man across in the other turret joined in, along with me. The morning darkness of the street was suddenly filled with howls of laughter. They were still looking our way, and sure enough that guys gun was trained right at them.

The laughter peaked when I said, " I'm just glad it's not facing my house any more ". They thanked me for the drinks, the guy behind "mr blasty" said his name was Shane and the guy behind the other turret went by the name of Sam. I told them I was pleased to meet them both, and soon returned inside, with three empty cups. I noticed those guys on the door were still looking over at those guns as I crossed back over the street. I chuckled to myself, nice guys, but I wondered how many people, or indeed those things they had killed up to now. I'm betting that behind all those jokes lay a story or two.

I watched this morning go by as Shane in his turret nest over the road from me, jokingly following anyone who dared walk past them with the gun sights aimed straight at them. Making many pick up pace suitably as they tried to get out of the guns line of sight as it followed them along the street. Some found it funny, some just looked rather concerned as they scurried past the guns. Each time someone passed and he'd traced them with his gun, he'd snap it straight ahead and shout " area clear! ". I have to admit this was quite funny to watch, the guys in the turret were in hysterics. So much so that they were waiting for people to pass, just so they could do it. One guy clad in full combat gear walking past with long sheets of plywood suddenly noticed the huge guns tracing him and almost lost his balance completely. Making his walk appear like he was loosing his footing on a high wire. He recovered in time to save the wood in his arms, but stood there gathering himself long enough to exchange good natured insults with the men behind the turrets. I assumed Shane to be the known joker of the bunch. I actually pointed a few targets coming down the street to them every now and then through the window. To which id get salutes in response. I watched this for a while laughing. Then went to get some breakfast, it was nearly 11:00 O clock by then, and no sign of Stephen Limefield or Captain Williamson, or indeed of my newly found status as an apparent military cadet.

The afternoon passed quickly enough, more trucks arrived and pulled into the school, I counted three choppers come and go over the afternoon. The school grounds look like a fully fledged military base now. You would have to know it was a school to call it such now. The only thing it's missing are planes. Speaking of planes, I heard the sound of jets or something similar at around three this afternoon, but after going out back to look up I saw nothing, but could make out three distant contrails trailing off over the horizon. I wondered where they were heading, and decided it was probably best not to think about those kind of things. I began to grow concerned with myself for not having checked any news in days, but I still haven't been able to drag myself to do it. I want to, I desperately want to switch on the TV and see someone say " and we're just clearing the last street in Scotland now, martial law has been lifted. Relax everyone, it's over, go back to work! ". However I doubt this would be the case, I can only imagine what horrors await me when I finally do. That's if those horrors don't reach me in the flesh before hand. I must be kidding myself, those horrors reached here days ago, only not quite as I expected, and it's still here!. Unlike Shane and Sam, I also know that one of those things is a few doors down too, no doubt being prodded and inspected by geeks with glasses, who are probably trying to understand just what the fuck it is that's going on with its mad eyes.

What exactly is the deal with that dog down there ?, I mean how the fuck did that happen anyway ?. I swear to god I never saw that thing move an inch, and it was still there when Captain Williamson pulled up in front of it. I didn't think this thing could get into animals, and then there are two cases of it, in as many days, on the same fucking street!. My street!. These were all disturbing questions bubbling through my mind, and excuse enough for me to keep the TV off, I didn't need the added worry. This worry soon shifted into another gear though, when earlier this evening my door finally went.

I opened it to find Captain Williamson stood there, with helmet under arm. He was quick to say, " son may I come in ? ", to which I just opened the door back and allowed him entry. He looked concerned, and his tone was off, and it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, and I was considering just giving this guy the spare key. I offered him a drink and he asked, " do you have anything a little stronger than coffee ? ". To which I went and got a half open bottle of low rent bottom shelf whisky. I'd be damned if I was going to open the good stuff for such a sombre looking occasion. I poured us both a generous glass and we sat back about to talk, I asked, " is everything okay Captain ? ". Which I was soon about to find out it wasn't.

" Thank you son ". He raised his glass, and I raised mine out of baffled courtesy in return, and he downed his in one, I took a small sip watching to see if he would notice I couldn't drink for shit. We sat for a few moments in silence as I pondered what was to come, fearing the absolute worst in quiet reserved horror. He then let out a large pronounced exhale as his lips receded back exposing his teeth, as anyone's would after a large intake of cheap whisky. Then he broke the silence, " It's been a long day son, I was hoping you would have something like that ". He slightly shook his empty glass as he referenced the drink, I handed him over the bottle, and he said " ooohhh no no, I shouldn't ", and I said he was to keep the bottle and asked again if everything was all right. He began, " Thank you son, that's very kind of you ", then I told him it was kind of him to give me a gun, and that his chicken curry MRE was waiting for him. He gave a brief chuckle, and said, " ahhhh yes, I forgot about that, remind me to grab that on my way out will you son, I can already feel this whisky working its magic on me. Its been a hell of a long day son, believe me. All kinds of intel coming from the north. The problem down south has been resolved I believe, so it's good news there I guess ". I interrupted, " what do you mean down south ? ". He resumed, " yeah, god dammed channel tunnel, they've been having more than immigration problems down there I hear. I heard a bunch of French refugees made there way through, followed by swarms of those things. They managed to pull out the refugees but were forced to hold position at the exit. I heard they called in specialists who ran charges along the inner and exterior walls, they detonated the exterior which cut it off. Then blew the tunnel to pieces, either burning, crushing or drowning those caught inside. Non of those things got through I'm told, but I heard that tunnel was swarming with thousands of the bloody things by the time it was blown. Apparently it was a constant firing line for well over twenty four hours before the specialists could blow the tunnel in a way that would guarantee a zero breach. I don't think they wanted those things hitching a ride into the UK on a torrent of the English channel. (I looked at him puzzled) yeah, that tunnel sits under the English channel. Actually, I believe they had to monitor it constantly for leaks, so yeah, that must have been a logistical nightmare. It could have ended up washing most of France into the UK. Which is why the boys down there had to hold the line for so long while they prepared it for detonation. I'm glad they got it covered because otherwise we'd be under siege from both north and south now, and son that's never a good tactical advantage, believe you me! ".

I nodded as I continued listening to the unfolding nightmares he was relating. " We are getting the absolute shit knocked out of us up north son, we're holding though, from what I'm hearing anyway, but Manchester and Liverpool are... well... they're not good! ". I didn't ask I didn't want to know, after a brief pause, he continued, " China nuked itself earlier this afternoon ". My eyes opened upon hearing this, I watched him absorb my reaction and calmly look down at the floor to give me time to soak it all up. I downed my cheap whisky all in one this time, man it tastes like fucking shit!. I think I said something he wasn't expecting next, when I said, " shall we have another drink ? ", he laughed and said, " you know I knew I liked you son, I think we will ". We filled our glasses again, and I asked the inevitable, " so what happened ? ". " What China you mean ? ", I nodded, more concious than ever that I needed to stop doing that!. " Well it's real simple in China son, they have far to many people, and this infection spreads far to fast and aggressively for the Chinese to cope with. I got word of all this at around eight this morning from my... boss, I guess you'd call him. He told me the Chinese were scrambling to make calls to all foreign powers, because for what they had planned, they didn't want others to perceive it as a pre-emptive first strike. It's a complicated world out there son, and actions like that son, can lead to a far greater problem than the one the world currently faces right now. So basically the Chinese coordinated their own destruction along with the rest of the worlds help today. I heard it was bad over there, but its gotta be real bad when you're willing to surface detonate thermonuclear warheads over heavily populated areas. It must be bad indeed for something like that!. Government still exists over there I'm told, but they're in a real bad way. I just don't see how the nukes would help them now. I guess that's why I'm not in government though, I don't seem to understand anything those kinda guys do, I hope it worked! ".

We sat for what seemed like minutes in silence, staring into space, what the fuck do you say to something like that ?, what can you say!. Captain Williams broke the silence with some more good news. " That dog down there! ", he turned facing me, " it spoke to me today! ". This being the straw that broke the camels back, and most likely because I had also devoured two large glasses of whisky by then, I all but screamed, " WHAT !? ". I realised that broke my calm demeanour and I soon gathered myself again, as Captain Williamson looked at me smirking, and said. " Just kidding son ", I laughed out loud shaking my head before he paused and added, " It wasn't to me! ". This took all the humour out of it, as my face went from relieved and happy, to confused and concerned. I was absorbing this and about to hit him with a barrage of questions, when he must have sensed this coming and smartly decided to make this his cue to leave. He tottered a little as he got up, only slightly but I caught it. He is no more a drinker than me!. I arose more confused and... well... just confused really. He spoke up " I believe you got something for me son ? ", to which I stood looking over at him puzzled for a few seconds, before he added, " my dinner ? ". I laughed and said " Ohhhh yes, sorry ". I finally handed him his chicken curry MRE and we made our way to the door, where he said, " would you look at this, a captain in the military, operating out of a primary school, getting drunk with a civilian, while the world goes to shit all around us. You couldn't make these things up son, you really couldn't! ", he said with a wry smile as he set off to leave over the road. I added, " you forgot to add the talking dogs! ", to which he gave a loud bellow of laughter, before looking at me and adding in a distinctly serious tone, " you really couldn't make it up! ", while shaking his head slowly from side to side. He smirked and said, " see you tomorrow son, where we will discuss your training! ". He turned away smirking, as he crossed the road and headed up into the one primary school you really wouldn't want to fuck with. Leaving me with raised eyebrows and an uncertain tomorrow. He seemed a little to serious about talking dogs for my liking tonight!. I closed the door, and came up to write this.

Upon writing this it suddenly hit me, that id pretty much just gotten a military captain drunk, and he'd revealed intelligence to me that must be highly confidential. Fuck me, I don't think an intelligence operative could've done a better job, even if they'd tried interrogating him. I will however, keep everything I'm told to myself, it seems I already know more about what was going on in SZC297, than most of those over the road. At the same time though, I am wondering whether secrets even matter any more. It begs the question, will there be anyone around to keep them much longer ?.

I can't process everything I'm hearing, I just wan't to shut off and lock out the world, but it just wont let me.

January 31st, 2013.

Message received. Mar/5th/2012/17:27pm

String set three data recovered.

On schedule.

Visual representation of [redacted] hypothesized oxygen breathing [redacted] bipedal and advanced.

Schemata now believed identified. Still processing, will advise [redacted].

Oversight committee approved.

Highest approval granted if hypothesized schemata indicative of Q,F,T,R.

Precoded message relayed to [redacted] under advise of committee.

Exciting times!.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:36 am » by Troll2rocks

February 1st, 2013.

22:31 pm.

Woke early, it was still dark out side, checked the front window, different guys on the turret's now. One looked my way the other never noticed me looking, the schools lights were still on and there was some movement inside, but the school grounds itself looked mostly free of people, but full of machinery. I could just about make out two large concrete squares just on the inside of the back side of the far side of the grounds. This looked to be where I saw the digger scraping out earth the other day. It's obvious what they are, because a chopper now sat on top of one of them. The street looked respectably quiet, and there were still people either end of the street encamped just off to the sides of the police cars that were blocking access into the street. Nestled in what looked like make shift sandbag nests. I went downstairs and switched on the living room light on, so it could be seen I was up and about in the early morning gloom.

Two coffees later I stood just outside of the back conservatory door finishing the last bit of my drink, watching the men atop the steps on the embankment. Illuminated by the lights of the tram stop, they kept scanning their road above, and every so often the steps immediately behind them. I stood there looking up at the early morning sky, which was still pitch black. I saw the vast amount of stars that dance around our heads at ever second of every day, the thought of this somehow calmed me. I thought about the signal that came from one of those very same stars, and as I stood there thinking about this, I watched as all the street lights along the tram line and embankment momentarily flickered, then dimmed, briefly picked up power again, then went out completely. I caught sight of the two men atop the steps look around at each other as the world sunk into darkness.

As I turned around to look inside, I saw the same thing happen to the light in my living room, it seemed the power that connected the street lights over the back was catching up with my home. The light flickered, dimmed, then went dead. I rushed through the darkness of my lower house, the router was dead, and the standby light on the TV was out. All power was gone!. I looked out the front window and saw the schools lights off too, the turret gunners were up out of their posts and talking with each other between the gun nests. I stood watching as I thought to myself over and over, " I knew I should have had solar panels installed ". I stood there hearing my heartbeat as I tried to make out what they were saying to each other over the road, but it all sounded like a distant muffled noise, when suddenly I heard the clicks and switches of every electrical device in my home activate. Then the lights came back on. I nearly jumped out of my skin!. The power has remained on since, and will continue to do so, hopefully!.

So that was my morning, and there is nothing much to report about this afternoon either, the usual, trucks, choppers, and the sounds of men and women going about their daily duties. When around 5:30 my door knocked, expecting to find Captain Williamson stood there, I found Stephen Limefield instead. " Hi there, may I come in please ? ", he came inside and we sat down, he placed the folder he had tucked up under his arm down on his lap as he sat, " So here we are again! ", he said cheerfully, I smiled and asked him what I could help him with today, and he began, " I need you to sign a few documents I have enclosed here ", he tapped the folder, I nodded slowly more bemused than anything, he went on, " obviously the nature of my work and what we are trying to establish, is highly sensitive material, we don't want to cause public alarm, (he gave out a brief chuckle and sigh) well not any more than there already is!. So I am going to have to ask you to sign this document, if you wouldn't mind ". I enquired what the document involved, and he continued, " it's an agreement between you and us, that the events of the last few days are not to be disclosed to anyone, until such a time as we are ready to release such information ". I got the gist alright, they wanted me to shut the fuck up about it!. Which for the time being, I don't have a problem with, so I nodded and said " that's not a problem ". He smiled at this as if relieved that I may press for more information, but when I didn't, he leaned forward and said, " you do realise this is a binding contract between you and the elected government of the United Kingdom ?. I need to stress to you, that it is vital this information remain to yourself. (I nodded slowly again) Basically, I'm trying to tell you in as nice a was as possible, that a breach of the contract can be severely punishable by law! ". He said the last part slowly nodding with a serious look behind his expensive looking glasses. I nodded back in return, more concerned about the sheer amount of nodding I had been doing this last week, than the papers he wanted me to sign in his folder.

He pulled them out, arranged them into order and handed them me, along with his folder to lean on and a pen he fetched out of his upper shirt pocket. The very top of the first page was stamped " OFFICIAL D.O.D. TOP SECRET EYES ONLY ". Which I raised my eyebrows to. The next word under this read; " AGREEMENT ", I scanned the forms for a few moments while I could feel Stephens eyes watching me, it just looked like three pages of nothing but small print, the kind found on the back side of a bank statement, where banks inform you in technical jargon about just how much they love to fuck you. The very last page had a small box at the bottom marked signature. As I went to sign it, I looked up at Mr Limefield and said, " are they talking ? ". He looked back at me straight faced and responded, " well if you sign that, you may well find out! ". I looked back at him for a few moments studying his face, before returning my gaze over the documents a final time, then signed the box marked signature. Handed him back the papers and Stephen spoke up, " great, now I can talk to you! ", and talk he did.

I'm pretty sure that whatever I write below would be a breach of that contact, so from now on these notes are for my eyes only. Or until I deem it suitable enough for public consumption (har har). We sat, and he relayed to me his last few days, he told me about him getting a call from his superior in the middle of the night, to make himself available for travel the next day, and that he arrived here only having a vague knowledge of what he was here to document. He went on, " Captain Williamson briefed me not long after I arrived, and I was informed you were ready and willing to speak with me, pretty soon I was joined by Mr Stanton, that guys another story, but that's his business. Anyway, we came over here and we spoke, then went to inspect the remains that Captain Williamson had stored for us ". Yeah I thought to myself, in the schools cafeteria!. He continued, " we inspected it, and sure enough, it had all the obvious symptoms of infection, so we spent the evening going over the notes you gave us, and a thought struck me. The notes you wrote indicated that the thing you saw had a lead trailing it. So I went and had another look, and there was indeed a collar, but no lead. I think the men had left the things lead in the trash. The specimen was in a bad way, obviously because Captain Williamson had it ran down, but I wanted to check for something I hadn't thought to to check up until that point ". His gaze intensified and he leaned in to say, " do you know what I found ? ", to which I shook my head, he resumed, " I put on a pair of surgical gloves and traced my index finger along the back side of the dogs neck, and that's when I felt it ". He looked at me grinning, " the dog had been chipped ". My reaction to this was one of " of course!, why didn't I think of that ? ". He went on, " I had it scanned, and the RFID chip indicated the dog belonged to a young couple that live up in Cloverhill ", he paused watching me, as I asked, " where is that ? ". A few moments passed before he said, " Aberdeen ". I let this sink in before adding, " you're fuckin kidding me!, that thing came all the way down here from... Aberdeen ?, that's like two hundred miles away! " He nodded his head, " it certainly looks that way, which is why I think you can understand why that document you signed is so important ". I nodded as he went on, " somehow that dog lost its owners, got infected, made its way through hell on earth, and wound up staring at your neighbours house for some reason ", he paused as if reflecting inwardly. We think it was the sound of the dog ", I interrupted asking, " how is my neighbours dog ? ", I already knew, but I wasn't aware he knew I did, so instead I let him explain it to me, especially since he seemed in the mood to answer questions.

He went on, " well as you know I was called away from here the day before last, I was called to your neighbours house, we have found the dog there, but... and I don't want you to be alarmed (I already knew all this) but... it is displaying the same symptoms you described in your notes ". I acted shocked, he continued, " I know I know, but please don't panic, we have it contained and it cant go anywhere, it isn't even doing anything, apart from... (his tone changed) making strange noises ". His face contorted slightly like the very mention of this gave him discomfort. To me this was all new, so I sat listening to what he had to say.

" After observing it for a while, we noticed strange muscle spasms would periodically occur on its face, and the muscles along its mouth would constrict, everything else was stationary, but these intensified after a while, along with the strange noises it was making. We could make out a guttural rumble it would expel every time its face spasm'd, we're observing it through the back windows. We're not going out to it you see, we're not even opening the windows to get a better view. Its sectioned off in the immediate backyard, fenced in from the upper garden, by a tall wooden fence. So it's well shut off, anyway... yes... the noises it was making progressed as the spasms intensified, up until then that was pretty much all it was doing, just standing there, with its face rapidly contorting, with those really creepy rolled up eyes you noted, it wasn't moving at all except for this. The sounds it started making, boy oh oby was it ever creepy! ". I continued listening, I had no intention of interrupting, when he saw I wasn't going to intercede, he went on, " those guttural tones and brief high pitched squeaks it was making gave way to a constant low pitched and angry sounding tone. It scares the living shit out of me if I'm honest ". If I were being honest too, what I was hearing him say, was not exactly giving me comfortable thoughts either. I continued letting the silence sit between us, and he continued once again. " Every so often the sound it was making would be suddenly interrupted by the muscles around its mouth constricting, and it kinda makes it sound like it's trying to form words! ". He frantically waved his arms out, very concious at how this sounded, but trying to play it down. " yes yes yes, I know, but listen. I'm guessing Stanton has run into this before and that's why he asked that question the other day, (he nodded at me) I don't think it is myself, I think its muscle spasm combined with stomach reaction, but I can see how it can be interpreted that way. There are a few guys there right now who are convinced it spoke ". He gave out a brief laugh, then went on, anyway, a while after this started up, we began to notice the dog oozing a steady stream of what looked like congealed pink saliva, or something equally nasty, actually it's standing in a puddle of the stuff right now I believe. I must admit though, it even had me going for a while, I could have sworn I heard it say something like "understand" or something similar as its face appeared to get briefly hit with a thousand volts of muscular spasms. I think its just the creepy tone its giving off combined with the decay in the stomach cavity, it's just spooking people, and it's easy to let your imagination run away with you, but one thing I can most definitely confirm to you is that (he leaned in) it does appear animals are susceptible ". I felt like saying " well yeah, no shit Sherlock! ". I resisted the urge and instead asked, " but how did it get it then ? ", Stephen replied, " I'm still trying to figure that out, but the other dog must be responsible for it somehow, its just perplexing as to how, the back door remained locked, there was no sign of forced entry, and from your own accounts and those of Captain Williamson it never appeared to move. However, you did mention in your notes that you slept for a while, so there is an unaccounted for period of time, between, you going to sleep, and Captain Williamson pulling up. So it is likely it was within those times that it somehow managed to infect the other dog, I just don't understand how it did this, or even why it would return back into the centre of the road and continue staring at the home over the road after it had ". I shook my head, I gotta admit it has me baffled too. He went on, " and you say you saw it do nothing that wasn't put in your notes, nothing at all no matter how minor ? ". I told him that I neglected the part where it paused outside my home and appeared to lock onto me, before I darted from view like a coward, before it continued on down the street towards its final destination with its rattling lead, but other than that, everything I saw was documented. He absorbed what I said for a few moments, then stood up and said, " well thank you for your time this evening, I may see you again soon if that is alright ? ", I told him it was fine, and before heading out the door, he said, " oh yes, and Captain Williamson has asked you to have him another drink ready tomorrow evening ". Without trying to react, I took this as an indication that he knew full well what was discussed between me and Captain Williamson last night, I guess this was just his way of telling that he flew straight. He had a mischievous grin on his face before he said " bye then ", and promptly walked away towards his temporary headquarters.

I sat and pondered our conversation for a good long while before coming up to write this, my brief scare this morning, followed by the tedium of the afternoon, and the confidential revelations of this evening. Have made this another doozy of a day. At least there were no nukes today, at least that I know of....

What a world this is becoming.

How did that dog get it ?.

February 1st, 2013.

Message received. Mar/8th/2012/16:14pm

String set three data contained [redacted] for schemata.

Go ahead given for preliminary testing of data sets.

Committee approval of schemata analysis.

Processing, still incomplete.

Q,F,T,R, is most viable outcome of schemata, as hypothesized.

Precoded template message thought most perfect embedded message possible, indicates high intelligence.

Advise.

R L Weise. WS NM.

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:38 am » by Troll2rocks

Any comments made on this thread will be removed when the next entry goes up. Its nothing personal people, you can post as much as you like on here. I will just be cleaning it up as it progresses, so each post follows on from the last.

:cheers:

You may note the title has changed from REMAIN INDOORS, to ESCALATION and EXPOSURE, mainly due to the fact that I decided to Google this title to see if any similar titles popped up with a similar premise. Turns out there are to many to mention but this first link was enough to convince me a title change was in order. :?
http://murraymaynard.blogspot.co.uk/

and this...

http://www.zombiepandemic.com/ViewClan.aspx?Id=10997

There are others too, so knowing this now, I cant rightly use that title, as it's clearly already over used. Even if this isn't about zombies at all. Eh eh :twisted:

Master Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 am » by Cornbread714

You have a great imagination, I really admire that.

I can't for the life of me, it seems, come up with a fictional storyline that I can maintain or visualize well enough to write even a short story, much less a novel.

I really wish I could.

I hope to maybe someday be able to fictionalize some of my crazy life story - and believe me, I have some stories, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Part of that is sheer laziness, I guess, but I think some have a gift for spinning a fictional tale, which you obviously do.

The problem I have (if you'd like a bit of critique) with trying to wade through your work here - which I don't know if is intended as a short story, novella, rough draft for a screenplay, or just something to amuse yourself and DTV members - is that without some pauses created by paragraph indentation, I find it basically unreadable.

My mind just goes blank staring at those thick blocks of words.

Like I say - I'm not sure what your purpose is - but I would find this piece way more digestible if you cut it into smaller bites.

Especially considering that you cram a lot of detail into the story. It doesn't move quickly - which is ok - but a slow-moving story with lots of density and hardly any paragraph indents is like swallowing several large bricks.

I mean that with all due respect. And it's just my opinion. I think you should keep going and take my critique with a huge brick of salt, lol. :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook