EU Needs Military to Become a Superpower, Says Poland

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 11:01 am » by *WillEase*

November 17, 2012 • From theTrumpet.com
Five nations want the EU to more on defense.

A European UAS EADS Cassidian on display at an Air Show in Berlin, Germany.
(Getty Images)

Europe needs a new military structure to coordinate its combined operations, five EU nations said in a joint communique after a meeting in Paris on November 15. The foreign and defense ministers of France, Germany, Italy, Poland and Spain published the document to “confirm our readiness to foster an ambitious European policy in the field of security and defense.”
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/IMG/pd ... _Final.pdf

Poland’s Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski was surprisingly clear on his reasons for wanting a military. “If the EU wants to become a superpower, and Poland supports this, then we must have the capability to exert influence in our neighborhood. … Sometimes we must use force to back our diplomacy,” he said, according to the EU Observer.
http://euobserver.com/defence/118226

The communique praised the military actions the EU has taken already, but made it clear that Europe must do more. Europe, they wrote, “must take share of responsibility to respond more actively to the challenges ahead.”

“By mobilizing all its civilian and military instruments, the European Union must be able to deal with complex, multi-actor and multidimensional crises,” they wrote. They called for “true civilian-military structures to plan and conduct missions.”

They emphasized the need to work together on expensive projects such as “space, ballistic-missile defense, drones” and more. They also called for better defense spending coordination between member states.

This coordination is key for Europe to emerge as a formidable military force. Combined, the 27 EU nations spend nearly $300 billion on their militaries. If they can coordinate this spending, rather than duplicating the same projects across 27 nations, the EU’s military strength will be vastly improved.
http://euobserver.com/defence/115906

Their communique says that this push for defense cooperation should “be considered as part of a larger process towards further European political integration.”

For years, the Trumpet warned that EU leaders wanted to create a superstate with real military power. Now you don’t need to believe us. The Polish foreign minister has said so.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm » by domdabears

Way to instigate a one world government, Europe.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm » by Phaeton

domdabears wrote:Way to instigate a one world government, Europe.

:D

Omfg.

This coming from an 'American'.

Absolutely clueless.

From 2002 to 2005 he [Sikorsky] was a resident fellow of the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C. and executive director of the New Atlantic Initiative.[11] He was editor of the analytical publication European Outlook, and organised international conferences. He is a member of the Board of Advisors of the American Committees on Foreign Relations.[12]

Following this stint in the USA, Sikorski returned to Poland and was elected senator from his hometown of Bydgoszcz in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rados%C5%82aw_Sikorski

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternapproaches/2012/09/poland-and-britain
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm » by domdabears

You're the ones in this "Union".

So go fuck yourself.

Sheep.

(and I was being half serious. Just egging on the Europe / USA feud in here.)
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm » by Phaeton

domdabears wrote:You're the ones in this "Union".

So go fuck yourself.

Sheep.

Thats wonderful.

Arent we the eloquent one.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 pm » by domdabears

Phaeton wrote:
domdabears wrote:You're the ones in this "Union".

So go fuck yourself.

Sheep.

Thats wonderful.

Arent we the eloquent one.

I don't have to be eloquent.

Because I'm not viewed as a stuck up asshole.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 pm » by Eldorado

domdabears wrote:Way to instigate a one world government, Europe.

I'd say this is preparation for the possible catalyst that's on the way.......

When the EU says fuck off to the US and Israel.........

But yeah, it can be used for malicious intentions........

I'd say let them get to the point of unity of their military then realize they cannot trust in the movement of so much at one time without feeling overbearing like the US and they will move to individual national development with a higher oversight committee directing the affairs
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Initiate

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm » by Umbrex

sounds great, then we can police greece and spain xD

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm » by Elnorel

I say to Poland: STFU.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Writer

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am » by Fingolfin

WOULD the new EU military have to swear fealty to Germany? The seem in control now! :o

hahahaha, history repeating itself and doubt we can save the Brit brothers this time! :shooting:

Next