European Mystery Road Trip

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 06, 2012 4:15 pm » by Tjahzi

Howdy guys,

i'm planning a Mystery Road trip soon in Europe and was wondering if anyone knows about some fonky places to visit. Preferably in France / Germany / Netherlands / Switzerland / Belgium.

All spots are welcome , from ghost towns to ufo hotspots or whatever fonkyness you know about.

thanks

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 06, 2012 10:05 pm » by -Marduk-

Hi Tjahzi, here are some really mindblowing locations you have to check out during your visit in my beautiful Fatherland Germany. Needless to say that all locations are Marduk approved. Enjoy! :flop: :flop:

The Blocksberg aka the Brocken
The Brocken has always played a role in legends and has been connected with witches and devils; Johann Wolfgang von Goethe took up the legends in his play Faust. The Brocken spectre is a common phenomenon on this misty mountain, where a climber's shadow cast upon fog creates eerie optical effects.

The Externsteine
The Externsteine were a centre of religious activity for the Teutonic peoples and their predecessors prior to the arrival of Christianity in northern Europe. The last pre-Christian inhabitants of the region were Saxons until their defeat and conversion by Emperor Charlemagne. After conquering Eresburg in 772, Charlemagne is reported to have ordered the destruction of the Saxon Irminsul. In 1933 Wilhelm Teudt joined the Nazi Party and proposed to turn the Externsteine into a "sacred grove" for the commemoration of the ancestors. Heinrich Himmler was open to the idea, and in 1933 initiated and then presided over the "Externstein Foundation". Interest in the location was furthered by the Nazi Ahnenerbe division within the SS, who studied the stones for their value to Germanic folklore and history.

The Untersberg
Some people call it ‘The Mountain That Eats Men”. According to legend Emperor Barbarossa is asleep inside Untersberg, taken care of by the "Untersberger Mandln", small dwarf-like creatures. His beard is said to be growing longer and longer around a round table and to have grown round two times. Myth says that when the beard has grown three times around the table the end of world has come. Every hundred years he awakes and when he sees the ravens still flying around the Untersberg he sleeps for another century. When Frederik leaves the mountain, the last great battle of humankind will be fought on the Walserfeld. This is a field at Wals, west of Salzburg. There is a similar legend for the Kyffhäuser Mountain in Thüringen. Other legends say that it is Karl der Große Charlemagne waiting inside the Untersberg. There are also legends about the cave system below the mountain. There is a lake in 930 meters depth. An expedition in August 2008 revealed that its lowest point had not yet been reached.

The Neandertal
The Neandertal is a small valley of the river Düssel in the German Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia, located near Düsseldorf, the capital city of North Rhine-Westphalia. In 1856, the area became famous for the discovery of Neanderthal 1, the first specimen of Homo neanderthalensis to be found.

SS Ordensburg Wewelsburg castle
In 1934 SS-leader Heinrich Himmler signed a 100-mark 100-year lease with the Paderborn district, initially intending to renovate and redesign the castle as a "Reich SS Leadership School" ("Reichsführerschule SS"). Who called Himmler's attention to the castle is unknown. There is speculation that Karl Maria Wiligut advised him. Wiligut allegedly was inspired by the old Westphalian legend of the "Battle at the birch tree" (Schlacht am Birkenbaum). The saga tells about a future "last battle at the birch tree" in which a "huge army from the East" is beaten decisively by the "West". Wiligut supposedly predicted to Himmler that the Wewelsburg would be the "bastion". Himmler expected a big conflict between Asia and Europe. Another source reports that the NS district president of the city of Minden von Ohnhausen called Himmler's attention to the Wewelsburg. Nevertheless, it is sure that Himmler knew the apocalyptic saga of the "Battle at the birch tree", which takes place in the Wewelsburg region.

...and here is a little neat map I want to share with you:

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 7:09 pm » by Tjahzi

sweet! :flop:

thanks Marduk.

you been to these places yourself?

Super Moderator

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 pm » by -Marduk-

You're welcome man.

Yes, I have been to all the 5 exciting places I mentioned in the OP and many more...
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 10:04 pm » by Tjahzi

Marduk2012 wrote:You're welcome man.

Yes, I have been to all the 5 exciting places I mentioned in the OP and many more...

nice, i'm really digging this Untersberg.

you got a fav place?

Initiate

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 am » by Theprophet

Last year i've entered an forbidden hidden SS bunker in the dunes by Scheveningen.
There are several forbidden (they say forgotten) SS bunkers, with stilll lots of weapons in it.

Also in the near where i live people see ghosts in the near of the railroad.
About 7x a year people are jumping in front of the train in this regio (Traject between Eindhoven - Weert).

For some reason you see lots of weird stuff in the air here as ufo's etc.

Yep all in Netherlands
Are u ready..... Are u ready, do you know, i seen you to, are you ready, i got to show, i feel this for you...... feel this for you........

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 am » by -Marduk-

Do I have a fav?....Well, I think they all are.

It really depends

in which mood your in...

but all those places were special to me at that certain time in life.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 5:28 pm » by Tjahzi

Theprophet wrote:Last year i've entered an forbidden hidden SS bunker in the dunes by Scheveningen.
There are several forbidden (they say forgotten) SS bunkers, with stilll lots of weapons in it.

Also in the near where i live people see ghosts in the near of the railroad.
About 7x a year people are jumping in front of the train in this regio (Traject between Eindhoven - Weert).

For some reason you see lots of weird stuff in the air here as ufo's etc.

Yep all in Netherlands

Eindhoven Weert you say.. :think: :mrgreen: