Even mind flows obey the tides thus being living spirit...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostTue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 pm » by Tertiusgaudens


In space and time we are beings of tides.
Brother Moon and sister Changing are guarding us like angels do.

And tidal forces help us finding rest and sleep.
There is no everlasting constant flow of whatever something.

Coming and going is like birth and death driving us almost crazy.
Blessed are the crazy ones that find a love to sister Changing.

High tide does not necessarily mean Set the sails!
Nor does low tide point to lazyness.

And blessed are those whose mind in low tide times will remember this:
All has it´s season and tides, even mind and spirit in posts at dtv...

(Corn, I read your predictions, and despite not belonging to the very funny ones here, it gave me a smile...)

You may read this:

Dead Low Tide
by Edith Matilda Thomas (1854-1925)

It is dead low tide, and the wasted sea beats far;
Up from the caves of the underworld slowly climb
Night and her shadows unconquered from eldest time!
The cry of the sea-bird is hushed on the glimmering bar,
And the beach, with its strewing of dulse, is lonely and wide:
It is dead low tide.

The rocks are divulged, that hidden and cruel lie,
Under the waves in wait, as the beast in its lair!
Huge and harmless they shoulder the dusk night air;
A lighthouse gleams--they are charmed by its sorcerous eye!
The rocks are uncovered, and many a wreck beside:
It is dead low tide.

Not now shall the willing keel slip down to the sea,
Not now shall the home-desiring bark come home;
The rocking surge is a dream, and the flying foam,
And the sails that over the windy billows roam--
A dream! for the sea is gone, and the wind has died:
It is dead low tide.

There is rest from motion, from toil; yet it is not rest!
The sounds of the land and the sea-sounds falter and cease;
The wave is at peace with the shore; yet it is not peace!
As the soldier at truce, as the pilgrim detained on his quest,
Baffled and silent, yet watchful, all things abide
The turn of the tide.

I too abide. To the spirit within responds
The baffled yet watchful spirit of all things without.
"Shall I rest forever, beleaguered by sloth and doubt?"
"Not so; thou shalt rise and break the enchanted bonds,
And the limit that mocked thee with laughter shalt override
At turn of the tide!"

Still higher the Night ascends, and star upon star
Arises by low-lying isle, and by headland steep,
And fathoms with silver-light the slumbering deep....
Hark! was it a lapsing ripple along the bar?
Hark! was it the wind that awoke, remembered, and sighed?
Is it turn of the tide?
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostTue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 pm » by Tertiusgaudens


Additionally a fine vid, here part 1 of 3:

[youtube]s42mrdhKwRA&feature=related[/youtube]
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7313
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostTue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 pm » by 99socks


tertiusgaudens wrote:
And blessed are those whose mind in low tide times will remember this:
All has it´s season and tides, even mind and spirit in posts at dtv...

(Corn, I read your predictions, and despite not belonging to the very funny ones here, it gave me a smile...)



YES YES YES....

We talk about those "seasons" often... lol. There are things that happen every April, a certain amount of drama every May, and a strange sort of chaos and insanity ensues during the summer months, only to be washed away by dozens of brilliant posts that suddenly appear in September... lol...
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 pm » by Cornbread714


tertiusgaudens wrote:The cry of the sea-bird is hushed on the glimmering bar,


Anything that shuts the seagulls up is okay with me.

Those bastards are literally driving me crazy.

Don't get me started about them...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7313
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 am » by 99socks


TG, check your mail...
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 3:18 am » by Aragajag


99socks wrote:
tertiusgaudens wrote:
And blessed are those whose mind in low tide times will remember this:
All has it´s season and tides, even mind and spirit in posts at dtv...

(Corn, I read your predictions, and despite not belonging to the very funny ones here, it gave me a smile...)



YES YES YES....

We talk about those "seasons" often... lol. There are things that happen every April, a certain amount of drama every May, and a strange sort of chaos and insanity ensues during the summer months, only to be washed away by dozens of brilliant posts that suddenly appear in September... lol...


And when its your winter its my summer. So what your feeling now someone else is too on the other end of the scale about to swing back and maybe wave on the passing by.
Image
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson



  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook