Ex-CIA Head Defends Torture

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 2:30 am » by Kaarmaa

The host is funny and José Rodriguez is soooo pathetic, this guy was a CIA head chef?!
No wonder that the US have bad reputation, employing :bang; people like this.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 am » by Middleman

Glenn Carle, the former CIA interrogator and analyst was recently in town for the Sydney writers festival. He had this to say about torture, and the people who are defending it.

TONY JONES: Glenn Carle, you're the sort of expert on this subject. When it comes to torture...do the ends justify the means ever?

GLENN CARLE: No, they don't. We just heard really the world as described by Rupert Murdoch and the Republican Party of the United States, not a word of which makes sense and is related to the truth and the law and our heritage and effective interrogation. One, it doesn't work. There are four people who have written and spoken out about, quote, "Enhanced interrogation techniques" since they occurred after 9/11: two army officers who are interrogators; a FBI officer who was an interrogator; and a CIA officer who was one, myself. None of us knew each other. All of us say almost verbatim the same things, which is that it doesn't work. It is illegal. It is immoral. It is unnecessary. The only people who have spoken out in favour of, quote, “enhanced interrogation techniques”, the only ones are one of two categories: either the individuals who made the policies and are trying to defend them for their legacy and for legal defence reasons or the shills for the policies themselves. They're the only ones. The person who wrote a book recently to which you alluded, arguing firsthand knowledge on the contrary, well, in fact the book was ghost written by a former speech writer for Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld whose expertise, ostensibly, on interrogation consists of having read a few telegrams while he was a speech writer in the White House. So on practical grounds it does not work, on moral grounds it is wrong, on legal grounds it is clear that it is illegal.

Initiate

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 12:47 pm » by Marcydare

These people that torture, have problem doing the deed until
it's them being tortured. Then it's mommy,help me.

Initiate

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 1:16 pm » by Thor

I have NOT watched the Video since I don't really care, but let me make some General Points here:

Violence should be avoided whenever possible. That said sometimes there is a limited time window, and when that happens these things might be necessary in order to get Intel on time. Yes, I know that usualy you end up with nothing, but still, what would you do I you didn't heve time for 48 hour interviews with a prisioner.

Just saying things aren't always as simple as people think. Sometimes you just have to try and get what you can.

Besides if you aren't affected by it stop crying like a baby.

The world isn't black and White, it's made of many, many shades of gray.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm » by Kaarmaa

Thor wrote:I have NOT watched the Video since I don't really care, but let me make some General Points here:

Violence should be avoided whenever possible. That said sometimes there is a limited time window, and when that happens these things might be necessary in order to get Intel on time. Yes, I know that usualy you end up with nothing, but still, what would you do I you didn't heve time for 48 hour interviews with a prisioner.

Just saying things aren't always as simple as people think. Sometimes you just have to try and get what you can.

Besides if you aren't affected by it stop crying like a baby.

The world isn't black and White, it's made of many, many shades of gray.

Well my dear DTVer, if you haven't watched the video and if don't really care, why bother posting?!
You're "general points" don't make any sense, you would notice that if you have watched the video.

And who is crying like a baby?!
I only posted a video that, I think, is interesting.
If you don't care just switch the thread instead of teaching me what life is about.

Have a nice day