Ex-soldiers to teach our kids in school.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 am » by Mushroom

This pisses me off no end.. What qualifations have they got to enable them to replace the existing system.. Have they been to teacher traing college? or is it a way for the government to conveniently move its workforce from role to another?
FORMER Armed Forces chiefs will be drafted in to run tough inner-city state schools under plans to be unveiled by Labour today.

Ex-service personnel will be retrained as teachers to boost discipline and respect in the classroom.

A new “Service School” would be set up in every region offering kids activities like drills, parades and adventure training.

Shadow education secretary Stephen Twigg last night said: “Ex-service personnel can act as excellent role models for young people.”

I can understand that some people will welcome this.. but I certainly don't! :hell:

How long will the 'retraining' course last?

I can remember a couple of years ago, when banks were laying off alot of their staff and they were offered to retrain as teachers (although they required less training than regular teachers because they came from the banking industry).

What will the regular teachers do for a living if all their jobs are earmarked by ex-government employees (including the bank staff)

If you want any links I'll find some.. I'm just ranting out loud.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 am » by domdabears

I don't know man. Kids are assholes. I think the stern, assertive, discipline would be good.

Also, I don't think veterans of the military becoming teachers is a new thing.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 am » by Thewatcher

Domdabears wrote:I don't know man. Kids are assholes. I think the stern, assertive, discipline would be good.

Also, I don't think veterans of the military becoming teachers is a new thing.

You know what Dom your spot on there.
A lot of kids these days are spoilt little, disrespectful angry little chits who need a good kick up the arse to sort it out.

I live in the u.k and they should bring back national service at the age of 16-17,, one year in the army, " not for going to war" but to instill a bit of discipline it would benefit the economy as a lot of kids theses days have got it to easy, and rely a lot on handouts from the state or parents.
''The Fear of Losing is the Biggest Winner''

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 am » by The57ironman

....depends on a lot of things , as to whether or not it's a ''great thing'' to have ex-military as role models...

i'm not fond of the education/indoctination/mindf*ck that is our school system right now...

.....i suppose it couldn't be any worse than it is with all of the progressive F*cks that are running the show now....

:mrcool:

...god help us..

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 am » by Mushroom

I also think that stern, assertive, discipline would be good..but it should come from home, from the parents.

People who care about children should be in charge of their education and wellbeing, not people who have lost their jobs through government cuts...

I do not want my kids being taught by anyone who lost their preferd job and took the next best thing. I want my kids to be taught by people who like kids and want to educate them.. Not control them!

No worries.. I thought I would stand alone when I posted this.

Thanks for your opinions guys :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 1:50 am » by domdabears

Mushroom wrote:I also think that stern, assertive, discipline would be good..but it should come from home, from the parents.

That's even more important.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 am » by Shaggietrip

Couple things come to my mind.

Depends on the course they will be teaching and their credentials. If they can not show what they know and or true position while in the military then yes i have questions.

Another thing is alot of vets are coming home. Need jobs ect. Guess what many joined due to the fact there were no jobs. Now 2 maybe 8 yrs later there still is none. Hence the retraining. Jobs are need all over. Now we all want no wars but if America can not produce something people want, then no workers needed.

This is tough times for a lot of people. Now if you add the people that drive the US military machine going "offline" more jobs needed.
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html