Experiments with Truth

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am » by Boondox681

I look to my experience to see what is true for me. That is my opinion....

this is good.your close
you remember your experiences to attain what you believe is the truth.

you must re-member your experiences to attain what you know is the truth

the soul knows all experiences
it's up to us to RE-MEMBER them.

peace
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 12:37 am » by Hackjames

boondox681 wrote:
I look to my experience to see what is true for me. That is my opinion....

this is good.your close
you remember your experiences to attain what you believe is the truth.

you must re-member your experiences to attain what you know is the truth

the soul knows all experiences
it's up to us to RE-MEMBER them.

peace

Wait, what? I'm not necessarily disagreeing but how did you come to the conclusion that the soul exists (and has specific knowledge)? There's a certain level of practicality that I don't see this sentiment contributing to by itself.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 am » by Boondox681

Wait, what? I'm not necessarily disagreeing but how did you come to the conclusion that the soul exists (and has specific knowledge)? There's a certain level of practicality that I don't see this sentiment contributing to by itself.

where to start..
this is not the first time you have done this,and each time you retain your experiences.
now multiply that times every person ever to live.
there's your knowledge for all time.

now,how is it shared?
people have the illusion that the soul is inside the body,and the body 'holds it in'
think of the soul outside the body,'holding' the body in.
that means there is only one soul.our soul.yours,mine,everyones.
WE ARE ALL ONE.literally,connected by the soul,so...
we share everything.
this is what some people call your aura.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 3:06 am » by Anuki

sheeple wrote:
Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments with Truth, 1929 wrote:It is not my purpose to attempt a real autobiography. I simply want to tell the story of my numerous experiments with truth, and as my life consists of nothing but those experiments, it is true that the story will take the shape of an autobiography...
will of course include experiments with non-violence, celibacy and other principles of conduct believed to be distinct from truth."
Literally, can the truth be experimented with? What do you think?
Describe your own experiments with truth.

World population:7 Billion = 7 Billion truths/opinions/theorys

can the truth be experimented with?

íf you know "the truth" why would you wanna experiment with it
i dont understand :headscratch:

The truth is: we dont know the truth :mrgreen:
__________________________________________________________________________________

Anu-Ki

Initiate

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 am » by Lapislazuli

anuki wrote:
sheeple wrote:
Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments with Truth, 1929 wrote:It is not my purpose to attempt a real autobiography. I simply want to tell the story of my numerous experiments with truth, and as my life consists of nothing but those experiments, it is true that the story will take the shape of an autobiography...
will of course include experiments with non-violence, celibacy and other principles of conduct believed to be distinct from truth."
Literally, can the truth be experimented with? What do you think?
Describe your own experiments with truth.

World population:7 Billion = 7 Billion truths/opinions/theorys

can the truth be experimented with?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Anu-Ki

:flop: :cheers:

Initiate

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm » by Sheeple

anuki wrote:World population:7 Billion = 7 Billion truths/opinions/theorys

It is about applying truth to life.
If there is no application, there is no experiment with truth.
Without experiment, there is no truth pursuit.
Lack of action follows to apathy - the greatest SIN of all.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 7:51 pm » by Hackjames

sheeple wrote:
anuki wrote:World population:7 Billion = 7 Billion truths/opinions/theorys

It is about applying truth to life.
If there is no application, there is no experiment with truth.
Without experiment, there is no truth pursuit.
Lack of action follows to apathy - the greatest SIN of all.

I'm not a stranger to any of the concepts you'll find throughout this site, but that reads like flowery nothing to me. What exactly are you saying here?

I have a problem when people attempt to speak like a guru, especially when you bring "SIN" into the equation. Not trying to be overly harsh here, but I just the same I don't see why this was posted...if you're trying to share information, there are more direct methods than the above.

Just so I can acknowledge some commonality, I agree that the pursuit of truth requires experimentation (if that's what you were saying there).
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 8:02 pm » by Hackjames

boondox681 wrote:

where to start..
this is not the first time you have done this,and each time you retain your experiences.
now multiply that times every person ever to live.
there's your knowledge for all time.

now,how is it shared?
people have the illusion that the soul is inside the body,and the body 'holds it in'
think of the soul outside the body,'holding' the body in.
that means there is only one soul.our soul.yours,mine,everyones.
WE ARE ALL ONE.literally,connected by the soul,so...
we share everything.
this is what some people call your aura.

I thank you for the response. I'm familiar with the concepts you're describing here, but I asked how you came to know these things...as in, "How do you know these things are more than just claims?"

My suspicion is that you're citing "personal knowledge", not unlike that cited for belief in any religion or religious concept. While I wouldn't go so far as to say there's no value in statements like that, I would have to argue that there's a profound difference in practical terms between objectively knowing something and believing it personally.

Again though, thanks for taking the time to respond.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 pm » by Sheeple

hackjames wrote:I'm not a stranger to any of the concepts you'll find throughout this site, but that reads like flowery nothing to me. What exactly are you saying here?

I have a problem when people attempt to speak like a guru, especially when you bring "SIN" into the equation. Not trying to be overly harsh here, but I just the same I don't see why this was posted...if you're trying to share information, there are more direct methods than the above.

Just so I can acknowledge some commonality, I agree that the pursuit of truth requires experimentation (if that's what you were saying there).
This thread itself is an experiment with truth.
The truth pursuit can be initiated by asking a question.
This is not a simple task, because there always will be a multitude of knowledgeable individuals who would pretend to know more on the subject of truth than the one searching for it.
Should we exclude the existence of a supreme being from the truth pursuit? Is there an objective evidence that there is no supreme being? There are only speculations of an eternal duality dance. If someone is religious, apathy as a sin can be interpreted literally, if not, metaphorically as a 'sin' towards oneself.
My personal dilemma is whether truth is logical or illogical starting from the process of internal realization of truth.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 pm » by Hackjames

sheeple wrote:This thread itself is an experiment with truth.
The truth pursuit can be initiated by asking a question.
This is not a simple task, because there always will be a multitude of knowledgeable individuals who would pretend to know more on the subject of truth than the one searching for it.
Should we exclude the existence of a supreme being from the truth pursuit? Is there an objective evidence that there is no supreme being? There are only speculations of an eternal duality dance. If someone is religious, apathy as a sin can be interpreted literally, if not, metaphorically as a 'sin' towards oneself.
My personal dilemma is whether truth is logical or illogical starting from the process of internal realization of truth.

This thread is not an experiment, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. It's a discussion, perhaps a debate, but we're not doing anything experimental. What are we testing? Those words have specific meanings, and for "truth" to emerge we need a standard with which to discuss it.

I'm not claiming any particular, personal knowledge about truth, but I am claiming knowledge about how not to identify it. You can call it presumptuous of course, as is your right, but it doesn't change the fact that there is an objective reality, whatever it's ultimate nature, and that's where we should all start the search for truth if it is to have any collective meaning. Otherwise, you're discussing belief (a.k.a. personal truth), which is fine and there is a place for it, but it is not strictly speaking "truth". It's belief, and belief is not objective by definition.

To your line of thought on a supreme being, science doesn't disprove (or prove, for that matter) anything, so no, there isn't nor will there be objective evidence that proves the non-existence of anything. You might take that fact as being friendly with religious viewpoints, until you extrapolate the idea to wookies or flying spaghetti monsters, neither of which can be proved or disproved.

As for eternal duality dancing, apathy sins and the rest, I can't see any value in what you're saying because it is so highly subjective, and you've done little to nothing in the way of explaining it so someone else could follow, let alone agree.

Again, not wanting to condemn you for sharing thoughts, far from it. We need a basis for discussion though, and I'd suggest that there is some philosophical groundwork you might have missed at this point.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

PreviousNext