Experiments with Truth

Initiate

PostMon Sep 27, 2010 6:13 am » by Sheeple

hackjames wrote:Well, there are more assertions there I don't feel you've really given context for. I also don't feel you've adequately responded to my specific points, so we can stay friends and agree to disagree about this for now. If you're alright with that, at least. :]
It is not my intention so satisfy you by responding to your specific points in a systematic way so that we both agree with each other in the end. This is a trap, it would be better to take the good points from each argument and move on our own way. Otherwise, it would be like an attempt to transform the opponent into a MiniMe, the forum participants generally disagree with each other, this is an objective truth. :wink:

When it is stated that something is an objective truth, it is always expressed in a subjective way, it is encoded. The simple statement "2+2=4" for a mathematician is nothing more that just a part of one particular algebra among an infinite number of alternative algebras which can be defined and operated logically with. This particular algebra is persistent because we observe it in our physical reality. Why? This is a mystery, however. But the said statement can also be encoded in words and spoken in English, French, and even the clicking sounds of San people. It is encoded in the pyramids and in the number of apples sold in the department store. It is encoded in music as well. That is why I mentioned about music, where truth is encoded in a way a musician could understand, It is another matter whether a realization of truth in music can be easily expressed in words, however. So, there definitely are alternative ways in experimenting with the truth, otherwise, other kinds of intelligence would be doomed without having an access to human epistemology.

Peace. :sunny:

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 27, 2010 7:13 am » by Hackjames

sheeple wrote:It is not my intention so satisfy you by responding to your specific points in a systematic way so that we both agree with each other in the end. This is a trap, it would be better to take the good points from each argument and move on our own way. Otherwise, it would be like an attempt to transform the opponent into a MiniMe, the forum participants generally disagree with each other, this is an objective truth. :wink:

When it is stated that something is an objective truth, it is always expressed in a subjective way, it is encoded. The simple statement "2+2=4" for a mathematician is nothing more that just a part of one particular algebra among an infinite number of alternative algebras which can be defined and operated logically with. This particular algebra is persistent because we observe it in our physical reality. Why? This is a mystery, however. But the said statement can also be encoded in words and spoken in English, French, and even the clicking sounds of San people. It is encoded in the pyramids and in the number of apples sold in the department store. It is encoded in music as well. That is why I mentioned about music, where truth is encoded in a way a musician could understand, It is another matter whether a realization of truth in music can be easily expressed in words, however. So, there definitely are alternative ways in experimenting with the truth, otherwise, other kinds of intelligence would be doomed without having an access to human epistemology.

Peace. :sunny:

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest you wanted to satisfy anyone. I'll stand by what I've already said, but I can at least agree with "peace". So I think we're good.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostMon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm » by Sheeple

hackjames wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to suggest you wanted to satisfy anyone. I'll stand by what I've already said, but I can at least agree with "peace". So I think we're good.
Indeed, I would prefer the ones reading this to feel that something is missing and some may consciously attempt experiments with truth.
Yeah, we're good, please continue posting.
I appreciate your input.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm » by Sheeple

Klemm, W. (2010). Free will debates: Simple experiments are not so simple. Advances in Cognitive Psychology, 6: 47-65 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2478/v10053-008-0076-2.
http://versita.metapress.com/content/l820g65u22883625/fulltext.pdf wrote:Abstract
The notion that free will is an illusion has achieved such wide acceptance among philosophers and neuroscientists that it seems to be acquiring the status of dogma. Nonetheless, research in this area continues, and this review offers a new analysis of the design limitations and data interpretations of free-will experiments. This review presents 12 categories of questionable conclusions that some scholars use to promote the idea that free will is an illusion. The next generation of less ambiguous experiments is proposed.
Keywords: free will, consciousness, Libet, compatibilism

Initiate

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 2:40 pm » by Johnsmith

William Saroyan (The time of your life: A Comedy in Three Acts) wrote:In the time of your life, live - so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches. Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding place and let it be free and unashamed.

Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away. Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world. Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart.

Be the inferior of no man, or of any men be superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart. Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil. These, understand. Have no shame in being kindly and gentle but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret.

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Previous