Experiments with Truth

Initiate

PostWed Sep 22, 2010 7:08 am » by Sheeple

Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments with Truth, 1929 wrote:It is not my purpose to attempt a real autobiography. I simply want to tell the story of my numerous experiments with truth, and as my life consists of nothing but those experiments, it is true that the story will take the shape of an autobiography...
will of course include experiments with non-violence, celibacy and other principles of conduct believed to be distinct from truth."
Literally, can the truth be experimented with? What do you think?
Describe your own experiments with truth.

Writer

PostWed Sep 22, 2010 9:02 am » by Fox1gal

Sure do, how do you really know if something is true? I look to my experience to see what is true for me. That is my opinion....

Well you could call this experiment. I work at restaurant and work around grease. I hate to get burn take all my precautions but it happens if you spill hot grease on you get burn True? I wonder now?. So I didn’t purposely try this but if the opportunity presented itself I was going to give it shot. I wanted to see if something worked. This is still in the process. Well heard this show, and got web page and the phone number, I said heck what can I lose I put it in my phone, its Free. I don’t know if I can post it I am still new to the form ….Its called Firer burn doctor…

Before I get medical attention or in the process of, why not give it shot. Well I was working one day, I don’t know how it happen accident. Gal splashed hot grease strait from the vat on me all over my hand. I used not so nice words I just saw the grease all over my hand no pain yet… and the gal was apologizing and go let me get the burn kit…I thought OH I can give this shot. Went to get my phone… I didn’t call yet. I was waiting for the pain wiped my hand off will cool cloth of the grease she had the burn kit, and she says what are you doing, I said ah was going to call this number, I said I don’t need to there is no burn….We look at each other like how the heck?? So I didn’t have to use the number yet don’t know if it works, but just I know it works for some reason in the core of my being…Will keep the number in my phone just to see if it works…Anyone around me how gets burn, maybe without the idea that it works to just to test it, while they are doing conventional things

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 am » by Hackjames

I'd think first defining whether you mean subjective or objective truth, as there's a fairly large difference. The later seems more geared for experimentation.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am » by Illuminated

sheeple wrote:can the truth be experimented with? What do you think?

'If you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth'

'truth, what is the truth?'

:wink:
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 am » by Hackjames

illuminated wrote:
sheeple wrote:can the truth be experimented with? What do you think?

'If you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes the truth'

'truth, what is the truth?'

:wink:

In my understanding, it's knowledge which accurately represents the state or nature of something. That's a wide brush, but so is the word.

In regards to the quote on lies, while I understand the sentiment I obviously disagree in principle as I have two legs, no matter how many people might believe it to be otherwise. The truth is the truth, whether you are aware of it or not.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 4:47 pm » by Sheeple

Initiate

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 6:30 pm » by Sheeple

Music - isn't it the ultimate experiment with truth, ever?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm » by Hackjames

sheeple wrote:Music - isn't it the ultimate experiment with truth, ever?

Upload to Disclose.tv

I'm going with "No, it probably isn't."
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Writer

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:42 pm » by Deckard666

The answer is yes.

But first you have to know "The Truth". Then you have to experiment with it. If you don't that what is called "The Truth" will simply be hidden right in front of your eyes again ... like it has been all your life.

Why do you ask? Did you undertake your own experiments and they reveilled something that seemed impossible to you? Or did you find the rules already and are afraid of using them?

Namaste,

Deckard666
"This is a joke. This is all a joke."
Edward Blake, The Comedian (Watchmen, 2009)

"I bow to no man."
Richard B. Riddeck (The Chronicles Of Riddeck, 2004)

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 24, 2010 9:45 pm » by Hackjames

deckard666 wrote:The answer is yes.

But first you have to know "The Truth". Then you have to experiment with it. If you don't that what is called "The Truth" will simply be hidden right in front of your eyes again ... like it has been all your life.

Why do you ask? Did you undertake your own experiments and they reveilled something that seemed impossible to you? Or did you find the rules already and are afraid of using them?

Namaste,

Deckard666

Can you explain any of your reasoning? That would help me understand your position, as right now I don't see much basis for your claims.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Next