F--k the united states, where do you live?

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 pm » by Shemagh

theyrecomming wrote:
shemagh wrote:Image]

After a lifetime of travel, this is where I've ended up, and I love it.

Where is this?

Richmond, North Yorkshire, England. It's a small market town on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Population about 8000 Wherever you move to, try to get a town about that size. not too big not too small.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:28 pm » by Sentientseed

I didn't read this entire thread but as I read a few pages here and there and throughout... right up till the end...it seems to me the problem isn't the countries...it is those in them--right down to us as individuals.

I found it humorous when I read someone say---and I paraphrase this---you are from Arkansas you F. Then one saying they are from Missouri. Another said they were redneck and proud.

I personally probably define redneck differently...as I would never claim to be one and much less be proud of it. I am from Arkansas. Have lived in other places...yet returned to Arkansas to the area I am from and live there today. If I had to latch on to a derogatory term that defined a southerner in my area...it would be hillbilly.

Most would consider a hillbilly ignorant and backwards but it is just a different perception. Most people (even here) call others they dislike a dumb redneck. It only becomes a fun term when they get on their Jeff Foxworthy lines or talk about guns and glory. Otherwise it is used as a derogatory term even here. Here, where I am from in N.E. Arkansas...a redneck is someone who has an opinion (whether accurate or not) and displays that opinion boisterously and obnoxiously. They wanna fight everyone who disagrees with them or just wanna fight to fight and show how billy bad-ass they think they are. They are usually drunks and rabble-rousers and far less intelligent than their ego leads them to believe. I would say that is an adequate description of the view of a redneck even in supposed "redneck country".

The other derogatory terms used a lot here is trailer-trash or crack/meth head.

Now a hillbilly, for me anyway, is someone who may be perceived as less intelligent, but actually is not--especially in certain aspects. They usually keep to themselves and mind their own business until someone interferes with theirs.

There are rednecks here. How do I know? They are more than happy to tell ya so. There are hillbillies here as well. The hillbilly is the one that is least likely to mess with anyone and they will help others. But...they are also the ones that another may want to leave alone if they are looking for trouble. The hillbilly won't take a lot of the B.S. a redneck likes to dish out and won't do the talking of redneck. Whereas the hillbilly is a country boy that can skin the buck and run the trot line...amongst various other skills....the redneck is just a pain in the neck. lmao.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:31 pm » by Theyrecomming

shemagh wrote:
theyrecomming wrote:
shemagh wrote:Image]

After a lifetime of travel, this is where I've ended up, and I love it.

Where is this?

Richmond, North Yorkshire, England. It's a small market town on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Population about 8000 Wherever you move to, try to get a town about that size. not too big not too small.

I thought it looked like England, very nice.
I defiantly will be in a less populated area
:)

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:35 pm » by Bluesman4uonly

I'm really surprised at the comments on this post. I thought everyone here knew that 190 countries were all run by the same world powers. Don't you understand that no matter where you go they'll still be the "masters". Everyone and every place in the civilized world is in the same situation. The people of the world must face the fact that it's the world powers that are their opressors. You can't run away from them. But you can stand up to their puppets and get rid of them. If there is a law you don't like, then get off on your back sides and lobby against it, try educating people who never come on a site like this. Send letters out to all of the reps in your district. You can't win a fight by talking or running. It takes action!

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:36 pm » by Theyrecomming

:sleep:
sentientseed wrote:I didn't read this entire thread but as I read a few pages here and there and throughout... right up till the end...it seems to me the problem isn't the countries...it is those in them--right down to us as individuals.

I found it humorous when I read someone say---and I paraphrase this---you are from Arkansas you F. Then one saying they are from Missouri. Another said they were redneck and proud.

I personally probably define redneck differently...as I would never claim to be one and much less be proud of it. I am from Arkansas. Have lived in other places...yet returned to Arkansas to the area I am from and live there today. If I had to latch on to a derogatory term that defined a southerner in my area...it would be hillbilly.

Most would consider a hillbilly ignorant and backwards but it is just a different perception. Most people (even here) call others they dislike a dumb redneck. It only becomes a fun term when they get on their Jeff Foxworthy lines or talk about guns and glory. Otherwise it is used as a derogatory term even here. Here, where I am from in N.E. Arkansas...a redneck is someone who has an opinion (whether accurate or not) and displays that opinion boisterously and obnoxiously. They wanna fight everyone who disagrees with them or just wanna fight to fight and show how billy bad-ass they think they are. They are usually drunks and rabble-rousers and far less intelligent than their ego leads them to believe. I would say that is an adequate description of the view of a redneck even in supposed "redneck country".

The other derogatory terms used a lot here is trailer-trash or crack/meth head.

Now a hillbilly, for me anyway, is someone who may be perceived as less intelligent, but actually is not--especially in certain aspects. They usually keep to themselves and mind their own business until someone interferes with theirs.

There are rednecks here. How do I know? They are more than happy to tell ya so. There are hillbillies here as well. The hillbilly is the one that is least likely to mess with anyone and they will help others. But...they are also the ones that another may want to leave alone if they are looking for trouble. The hillbilly won't take a lot of the B.S. a redneck likes to dish out and won't do the talking of redneck. Whereas the hillbilly is a country boy that can skin the buck and run the trot line...amongst various other skills....the redneck is just a pain in the neck. lmao.

Well put :flop:
In MN therre was a group back in HIgh school that was bunch of fake ass rednecks that just want attention. We got along as I chewed and dipped back then.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:39 pm » by Theyrecomming

The people on here who say good leave we won't miss you have not been through what I have, I promise you mother fuckers have Easy going lives compared to the shit I've faced. Not here. Fuck off. Until your friends are all dead and your in jail I suggest you shut the fuck up

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm » by Hr2burn

I'll say this, there are so many different landscapes here in America that are breath taking. To say I love America based on that, well it's more accurate to say I love the Earth. Our freedoms are really an illusion. Just about everything that comes from the government "mouth" you can bet is a lie. They would sell us or have us killed in a blink of an eye. I love the land and there are MANY good people....but what really makes the USA, I don't care for at all.
P.S. I live in Denver, Switzerland or some parts of Germany I'd love to give a shot.
Now I'm nothing...

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm » by Sentientseed

There is beauty everywhere if one looks. This is just a couple pics from Arkansas that I snag off the web quickly. Not my area but beautiful none the less.

"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Initiate

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm » by Theyrecomming

^^^ I like that

Writer

PostMon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 pm » by Mangusta

Nürnberg, Germany

PreviousNext