facebook censorship

Initiate

PostThu Oct 29, 2009 7:41 am » by 7hidden7agenda7

:shock: wow... facebok start deciding who you get updates from at their disgresion and no-one bats an eyelid.......... interesting....... or maybe I've mised a thread..

facebook recently introduced a change to news feeds. either 'News Feed' which gives random updates that facebook thinks you may have missed (functions like highlights). or. "Live Feed" which by default, shows only a selection of up to 250 people on your friends list, chosen by facebook. this must be manualy changed to a maximum of 5000 people, and then you must manualy select each person you want the live feed to definitely show. there is no select all option, makig it unlikely that un-savy people will correct facebooks lack of judgement. You must aso select anyone else you subsequently add as a friend.

Asside from various other problems this causes for people. It also allows facebook to selectively censor undesirable content. They won't do it at first, it will happen (ie. post a link to an unfavourable news headline & it doesn't get posted on your friends news feed).

I can't be the only one who can see it surely? I haven't seen any complaints more coherent than "I don't like it! change it back".
Don't get me wrong, the new feeds could be more usefull, but not if facebook gets to pick and choose what you see!
:censored:
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 am » by Mediasorcerer

my advice to you since you happen to have posted this article,is to stop using faecesbook,and twshitter too,they are meaningless crap designed to keep tabs on you n your mates,by the powers,monitoring everyone,stikky beaks,get out of our business,piss these "social shitworking sites off,dont give them your profile.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 9:57 am » by 7hidden7agenda7

lol. I'm well aware of your points, but while they can monitor it, they can't censor it. until now. dtv is a social networking site, just not as sophisticated, infact 'they' can monitor you on this site a lot easier than facebook. well, at least until they are allowed to crawl fb & myspace etc which they are curently trying to action...

However. if paranoid is your thing, then it would technicaly make more sense to have a public facebook profile that protrays you as the innocent, hardworking, law abiding, god fearing, sales focused, job orientated, tv absorbing, mcdonalds patron that they surely want you to be :flop:
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 am » by Mediasorcerer

point taken,i guess who am i to criticise facebook,or any other social networking,as for watching all of us,im sure its done if not one way then probably some other,but they still shit me,i tried them and had mates but then facebook went and censored a mates foto of some graffiti he took that depicted a palestinian and they removed it,the foto wasnt that bad or provactive,how dare they do that ,censor what was posted,after that i felt like "get fukd facebook"thoughts so i quit,

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 am » by Mediasorcerer

yeh well i dont really have anything to hide,but my business is my business,and i figure,i dont want to know others business,so why they need to know mine,im not paranoid,they are,thats why they listen,watch and monitor/profile everyone,and keep databases and profiles on all good folk,the way they think is not healthy either,you might be a decent kind person with no hassle for anyone,but you are profiled as a bum,or dissident,non-conformist etc,when the opposite can be true,its a bloody worry ,