Father captures mysterious flash speeding across the sky

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm » by bugmenot

Father captures mysterious flash speeding across the sky on his camera phone :alien: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... s-sky.html

Is it a bird, is it a plane or is it... a meteor?

Well, one member of the public couldn't believe his eyes when he saw this strange glowing ball speeding across the sky as he was taking his son to the park.

Quick-thinking Matthew Pinless was able to whip out his camera phone and snap the 'speeding red light' as it burnt through Earth's atmosphere above Cheltenham.

A streak of light in the sky was photographed by Matthew Pinless who believes he has caught a meteor burning up in Earth's atmostphere.

A close-up view of the suspected meteor

The 31-year-old followed the object as it ploughed through the sky around 5pm last Tuesday, but lost it seconds later when it disappeared behind a cloud.

'At first I thought it was a plane but it was going so fast I thought it must be something else,' Mr Pinless said.

'I realised it must be a meteorite, which makes sense because there was a red trail followed by a tapering orange light behind it.

'I grabbed my camera phone and took two pictures as quick as I could before it disappeared behind a cloud.

'I don't subscribe to the UFO theory, so I am fairly sure it was a meteor. I would be interested to hear if anybody else saw it in the sky.'

Matthew, a volunteer youth church worker in Cheltenham, was taking his 16-month-old son Thomas to the park when he saw the flash out the corner of his eye.

He traced it through the sky before the flaming matter vanished behind a cloud.

Matthew, married to Suzie, 27, added: 'It was only in my field of vision for around three or four seconds before it went behind a cloud.

'I tried to see where it would reappear but it was nowhere to be seen. I'd really like to know if anyone else saw it as it was a pretty sizeable meteorite.'

A meteor becomes a meteorite if it survives an impact with Earth's surface.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... s-sky.html :alien: