Fearful Teen Commits Suicide Due to Harold Camping's Rapture

Writer

PostFri May 27, 2011 9:06 am » by Agentozzy

A 14-year-old girl from Russia was so scared of the May 21 doomsday and rapture prediction made by Harold Camping that she committed suicide the same day, investigators said Wednesday. The teenager wanted to choose death rather than be among the ones suffering on earth after the rapture.

May 21 was the day that Family Radio preacher Camping said believers would rapture up to heaven ahead of the apocalypse and those left behind on earth would suffer under disasters that would culminate with the destruction of the world on October 21.

Nastya Zachinova, who lived in the Republic of Mari El in Central Russia, believed that the world end on May 21, her family told LifeNews, a Russian tabloid.

“She took this date too close to heart,” the teen's mother, Lyudmila, told LifeNews.

Russia's state-owned news agency, RIA Novosti, reported Wednesday that the girl hanged herself out of fear of Camping's prediction.

Investigator Alexander Kosharin said the girl's behavior changed dramatically when she learned about the radio preacher's predictions, according to RIA Novosti.

Camping had claimed that earthquakes and the rapture would occur on May 21 at 6 p.m. local time and signal the beginning of the End.

The girl's personal diary entries revealed how terrified she was of the suffering that was to take place. She believed that she was not one of the "righteous" people that would be taken up to heaven but someone who would remain on earth and suffer.

“Whales are trying to beach themselves and birds are dying – it is just the beginning of the end,” Zachinova wrote in her last diary entry, as reported by RIA Novosti.

“We are not righteous people, only they will go to heaven, the others will stay here on Earth to go through terrible sufferings,” she wrote.

“I don’t want to die like the others. That’s why I’ll die now."

The Russian news agency also reported that investigators are looking to see whether the girl had ties to “informal youth groups” or religious sects.

On Monday, Camping addressed his failed May 21 prediction, saying he was mistaken that the judgment would come physically but asserted that he was still correct in predicting the judgment because it did come "spiritually." He justified his new interpretation by saying that God is a loving God who wouldn’t let people suffer on earth for five months. Moreover, no one would be able to survive the apocalyptic events for more than a few days, he added.

After his statement, a reporter informed Camping of news that a mother had attempted to kill herself and two children because she believed in his teaching of the May 21 doomsday.

When Camping heard that the mother did not succeed, he said he felt relieved.

"Murdering is terrible. It's contrary to everything the Bible teaches," said the 89-year-old radio broadcaster. "That would have been a horrible thing if she had done that. That would fill me with sorrow if she would do that. The Bible teaches that we are to save life, not kill."

"I'll tell you. What you just told me is a great relief to me because I would be sick at heart if someone had done such a stupid thing."

When pressed by a reporter on whether he would accept "responsibility for that," Camping answered no.

"I don't have any responsibility. I can't take responsibility for anybody's life. I'm only teaching the Bible," he shot back.

link- http://www.christianpost.com/news/fearf ... day-50542/

Writer

PostFri May 27, 2011 9:57 am » by Echos185

Parents should press charges!!!

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 10:25 am » by Mrmcnuggets

echos185 wrote:Parents should press charges!!!

What are you kidding me?! Yeah let's just ruin some dudes life who already wants to die now just cause some mental bitch killed her self. Life's tough, get over it. You don't see anyone suing vandercap or any other corperation who exploits third world country and keeps the price of your 1 karat diamond at 2 grand instead of about 100 dollars.

Honestly it's that own bitches fault, the Vatican or any other Christian major figures backed this guy up. On that note why don't you go actually do something for life seeing how you're probably someone who'd sue for a slip and fall for 500k but I need 10 grand to sue my little brothers elementary school because they are giving him the wrong Iep and therapy classes. You make me sick man. :bang;
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 10:38 am » by Aragajag

Be your own leader, judge and conscience. How is it so many people who believe the bible dont read it for themselves but let someone else tell them what it means, no wonder so many are disappointed. If there was any truth in what the bible has it was corrupted along time ago to make it basically worthless imho.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Writer

PostFri May 27, 2011 10:52 am » by Echos185

seeing how you're probably someone who'd sue for a slip and fall for 500k

Where did I say sue?!?

PRESSING CHARGES-To impose a burden, duty, obligation, to accuse; to instruct a jury on matters of law.

Put the fucker in jail.

You make me sick man.

Good

Initiate

PostFri May 27, 2011 11:02 am » by Nothingmatters

Hopefully he will just stfu and get on with , instead of dictating everyone else's life. If the big man upstairs wants us to know when the world will blow up he will tell us. This really aggravates me the planets been here nearly four billion years ffs nothings going to happen and nothings going to happen in 2012 either which will bring me a great sense of satisfaction.

Writer

PostFri May 27, 2011 11:08 am » by Agentozzy

There must be more I am sure of it, but how many would of left notes saying that was the reason? I remember the first time they were turning on the LHC, a girl in India killed herself because people were saying it would create a black hole that would destroy the earth lol.
Unfortunately, usually people who cause things like this don't get charged. well except for Manson.

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 11:23 am » by Smokeydog

stupid bloke people need to realize that "predictions" can have a big impact on people.
i am quiet confused though i thought suicide was a bad thing in Christan eyes cause you would got to hell for taking a life?
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 11:28 am » by Malogg

I can not look at the link in Scotland :- Page Not Found
Oh Kingdom of Scotland - To be FREE again - Beastminsters smarmy and stinks of SH1TE HAFKNHAHA HA FKN HA...Salmonds a bawbag and Darlings a fkn sissy...Oh to be FREE again...

Writer

PostFri May 27, 2011 11:47 am » by Agentozzy

checked it out, while adding the link it chenged it with the ....
here is the link, my bad lol

http://www.christianpost.com/news/fearf ... day-50542/

Next