DTV 2.0 - Post your feedback, bugs, kudos here

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 pm » by Noentry

Disclosetv wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:The ads on the videos...

An ad here and there is understandable, but the ads used here play before EVERY video play, and some of them screw with the full screen mode in the videos. Not only that but more ads pop in later DURING the videos. Every time.

I'm trying to watch a short clip and every time I replay it I have to watch an ad that is 3x as long as the clip, and then close the ad that pops in halfway through. (Said ad also covers the part of the screen that I'm trying to look closely at.)

If I was new to this site I would automatically file it in the category where I put all the other websites that destroy usability by slapping ads over everything.

Consider that the user base and the visitors to this site might grow if there was a little bit less ads to deal with.

In full honesty, I don't care how many times I see a Verizon or a beef jerky ad. I'm never going to click on it. It doesn't earn you any money to spam that hard in the same location.

This is all in testing mode. We will soon switch the videos off for all registered free members.

Lukas
Disclose.tv Site Admin

:headscratch:

Who is free and who is not?
Does this mean we will soon be paying a subscription not to see the ads? Maybe a few extras?

We all gotta show a profit. I can understand that.
Just do me one favour, if your Company ever sell's DTV.
I/we would want to know in advance who they are.
As a sign of respect to the contributing members.
As a business your profits are important i understand this, but the freedom of speech we enjoy here, is of paramount importance. I would hate to lose it because of profit!
If it means I have to pay a fair subscription to help keep DTV an independent, I would.
:cheers:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:19 am » by *WillEase*

How do you send another member or moderator a personal message?

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am » by Troll2rocks

willease666 wrote:How do you send another member or moderator a personal message?

I think that may be down at the moment unless you already have this person in your inbox, in which case just reply to an older message. It used to be possible through clicking profile. However I never use it, and it does not seem to be there for now. It will be sorted man Lukas is busy with the site. :cheers:

Is something wrong ?, if it is anything I can help with let me know.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:45 am » by *WillEase*

Troll2rocks wrote:
willease666 wrote:How do you send another member or moderator a personal message?

I think that may be down at the moment unless you already have this person in your inbox, in which case just reply to an older message. It used to be possible through clicking profile. However I never use it, and it does not seem to be there for now. It will be sorted man Lukas is busy with the site. :cheers:

I'd tell you except I don't want to communicate what I have to say on a thread.

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 am » by Troll2rocks

willease666 wrote:
Troll2rocks wrote:

I'd tell you except I don't want to communicate what I have to say on a thread.

:shock: I don't like the sound of it. Are you on Skype ?

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 am » by *WillEase*

no

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:53 am » by One-23

click on community -users-online then choose member (presuming their online) then send PM :flop:

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:56 am » by Troll2rocks

willease666 wrote:no

Is it site related Will ? On a scale of 1 - 10 how important is it ? You can't say it on here ?.

If it is personal Will, then I would suggest keeping it private, however if it is important and can't wait, I am here, or can be reached via Skype right now, its a free download no webcam required.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 10:00 am » by *WillEase*

Troll2rocks wrote:

Is it site related Will ? On a scale of 1 - 10 how important is it ? You can't say it on here ?.

If it is personal Will, then I would suggest keeping it private, however if it is important and can't wait, I am here, or can be reached via Skype right now, its a free download no webcam required.

Link?

Super Moderator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 am » by Troll2rocks

willease666 wrote:
Troll2rocks wrote:

Link?

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/get-sky ... r/windows/

Install and run, when you have made your user name put it in here il add you then remove the post. :cheers:

PreviousNext