Firing Off The Atomic Cannon 1953

Super Moderator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 11:55 am » by DarkHeart

I had no idea such things existed, this is totally mental, what the hell were they thinking ?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on 18 Oct 2013

Outstanding color footage of the only time the M-65 280mm Atomic Cannon was ever fired with it's nuclear warhead.

With the deployment in the 1950s of atomic weapons on both sides of the Cold War, all three branches (Army, Navy, Air Force) of the U.S. military sought to justify fielding nuclear weapons within their individual arsenals. For the U.S. Army, prior to the refinement of tactical nuclear missiles, that meant developing an atomic artillery piece. This weapon was the M-65 280mm Motorized Heavy Gun, also known as the Atomic Cannon.

On May 25, 1953, at 8:30 am, as the tenth of a series of eleven nuclear test firings during Operation UPSHOT-KNOTHOLE, T-131 number 9 fired a W-9 15 kiloton warhead (shot GRABLE) a distance of seven miles. The device detonated at an altitude of 524 feet above the target in Area 5 (known as "Frenchman Flat") on the Nevada Proving Ground. This was the only nuclear firing of the M-65.
For more information see: http://theatomiccannon.com/history
Film courtesy of AtomCentral.com
Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 pm » by Svaha

I had no idea such things existed, this is totally mental, what the hell were they thinking ?

Something like 'we do it because we can'.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 pm » by Toxic32

Pakistan develops smallest nuclear weapon the size of a tennis ball. Now you need to worry. How hard would it be to slip a few of these into the US. It gives a new meaning to game set and match. The last time I looked Pakistan and the US weren't on very good terms and as Pakistan is a Muslim country and somewhat
unstable and back the Taliban by giving them weapons and shelter. Remember Osama Bin Laden was given a safe place to hideout just down the road from a major military camp....Makes you think doesn't it.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/267009-pakistan-develops-smallest-nuclear-weapon-size-tennis-ball.html
Welcome back Slith...Nuff Said.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 2:30 pm » by Tuor10

NATO's whole strategy was based around Tactical Nuclear weapons. The delivery systems were either heavy artillery pieces or short range surface to surface missiles. It wasn't till the late 70's that NATO doctrine changed, due in part to the madness of relying on Nukes as a viable defensive measure.
Last edited by Tuor10 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 2:42 pm » by DarkHeart

Toxic32 wrote:Pakistan develops smallest nuclear weapon the size of a tennis ball. Now you need to worry. How hard would it be to slip a few of these into the US. It gives a new meaning to game set and match. The last time I looked Pakistan and the US weren't on very good terms and as Pakistan is a Muslim country and somewhat
unstable and back the Taliban by giving them weapons and shelter. Remember Osama Bin Laden was given a safe place to hideout just down the road from a major military camp....Makes you think doesn't it.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/267009-pakistan-develops-smallest-nuclear-weapon-size-tennis-ball.html

This story doesn't seem to have been taken seriously by other members of that forum.

The Pakistani military are hand in glove with the USA, and do a lot to facilitate the charade in Afghanistan for them, what better proof of this can there be than allowing the theatre piece "assault" in Abbottabad to go ahead in the way it did.

The only threat to the United States comes from the halls of power within the United States, as history has proven time & time again.
Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 4:30 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

DarkHeart wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

A very surreal sort of beauty in that Vid...
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo