First Arrests Made Under French Veil Ban

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 am » by Flecktarn

this is the image that springs to mind in a majority of westerners about veiled muslims ,,,this is the damage the radicals have done to the non radical or violent muslims
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:07 am » by Thebluecanary

I don't understand the point of banning the veils. Yes, I can see taking them off or lifting them in order to be able to go certain places (like banks), and here certainly you would be expected to take that thing off your face before you went into the bank or a convenience store just like you'd have to take off a ski mask or take down a hoodie hood. However, the idea of banning them on the street just smells like fascism to me. Obviously the ban isn't going to do away with the cultural and religious mores that make the women have to cover their faces...it just means that now they can't go anywhere. Way to liberate them from "slavery" guys.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 am » by Captainkarizma

thebluecanary wrote:I don't understand the point of banning the veils. Yes, I can see taking them off or lifting them in order to be able to go certain places (like banks), and here certainly you would be expected to take that thing off your face before you went into the bank or a convenience store just like you'd have to take off a ski mask or take down a hoodie hood. However, the idea of banning them on the street just smells like fascism to me. Obviously the ban isn't going to do away with the cultural and religious mores that make the women have to cover their faces...it just means that now they can't go anywhere. Way to liberate them from "slavery" guys.

I see your point , might I ask what you think of going to a country that would make you wear one?
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 am » by Spock

I wonder if the women would feel liberated by not being allowed by law to were the veil. To me it seems more of a smack in the face to their oppressors.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 am » by 99socks

captainkarizma wrote:
thebluecanary wrote:I don't understand the point of banning the veils. Yes, I can see taking them off or lifting them in order to be able to go certain places (like banks), and here certainly you would be expected to take that thing off your face before you went into the bank or a convenience store just like you'd have to take off a ski mask or take down a hoodie hood. However, the idea of banning them on the street just smells like fascism to me. Obviously the ban isn't going to do away with the cultural and religious mores that make the women have to cover their faces...it just means that now they can't go anywhere. Way to liberate them from "slavery" guys.

I see your point , might I ask what you think of going to a country that would make you wear one?

I had no problem at all. When in Rome...
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 am » by The57ironman

e6722maj wrote:it's a tricky one.
on the one hand, i do think people should be able to dress as they please.
on the other, a masked face goes against the societal grain. our faces are the first point of call when trying to gauge someone's intentions or mood.

can i put this in this thread...?Image

....there's no Stairway nor bustle in the hedgerow!!

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:14 am » by Spock

99socks wrote:I had no problem at all. When in Rome...

Exactly! And when in France...

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:16 am » by 99socks

spock wrote:I wonder if the women would feel liberated by not being allowed by law to were the veil. To me it seems more of a smack in the face to their oppressors.

Wearing the veil in a non-Muslim country is in many cases an act of rebellion against the country rather than an act of obedience to the "oppressive" men.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:16 am » by E6722maj

the57ironman wrote:can i put this in this thread...?Image

absolutely :flop:
whatever

Initiate

PostTue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 am » by Captainkarizma

99socks wrote:
captainkarizma wrote:

I had no problem at all. When in Rome...

Then maybe they should take the same road. :cheers:
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

PreviousNext