First Post! and a 2012 topic for consideration

Initiate

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:09 pm » by Ramseye

Hey everyone!

I am new to the forums here, but I have been a frequent visitor for awhile now.

I had the urge to post here today because I had a couple things on my mind that I wanted to get some input on.

2012 - I first learned about the Maya and the 2012 date back in 1991 and the majority of material I read back then said that the end date was supposed to happen on Dec. 23rd and not the 21st.

I'm pretty sure the New Agers moved the date to the 21st because it is the solstice, but everywhere I look nowadays, it refers to the 21st being the last day of the Maya calendar and not the 23rd.

So I read articles now like the NASA one '2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?' http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html and they say that the world will not end on December 21st, 2012, but I'm wondering if maybe it IS the 23rd that something may occur.

And they also compare the 2012 date to Y2K and I've seen all over the web people saying "Oh nothing will happen in 2012, just remember Y2K."

Well, Y2K would have been a man-made disaster, whereas the 2012 event would be a natural disaster, so I do not see how they can even be compared as the same.

Also, you have to take in account that calendars have been altered throughout history. Like 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. and the changes made by the Council of Nicaea. Also daylight savings time added by Ben Franklin.

Is it possible that it isn't even 2010 now? Highly likely.

Now, I have no definite answer as to what will happen in 2012, but I tend to think that if anything, it will be the start date of catastrophes to follow from 2013 forward.

The one thing that intrigues me most about the whole scenario is that the Maya knew that time moves in cycles and not a straight line.

So if a planetary disaster happened at 11:00 on the galactic clock, then it is highly likely that when the clock strikes 11:00 again, disaster will follow on time.

Just wondering what you guys think about this.

I am not much of a forum poster on any site, but DTV's community seems to be a great one and I would like to be a part of this community.

Cheers! :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 pm » by Newearthman

Welcome! I think 2012 is just the start of a new Galactic cycle that will give our solar system some turbulence and hopefully bring Earth some more positive and enlightening energy. Nasa says we are passing through the galactic plain so that might cause us trouble.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:18 pm » by Boondox681

hey ramseye and welcome.i posted this thread about the calendar the other day.best translation i could get.
also know that the Gregorian calender is 'off' by 4 years.we are 4 years fast.the 2012 event is a window.from my studies it's between 2007 and 2015.
thanx and see ya 'round :flop:

not-2012-2208-t26857.html
Last edited by Boondox681 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 pm » by Pindz

"RAMSEYE" a SATANIC NICKNAME ?

IS THAT YOU LOWSIX ?!

THIS GUY IS NOT REAL !!!

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 pm » by Allreadydead

Welcome m8 - time is a human invention, made so that we can measure ourselves against our ancestors and place them in some sort of order - but in reallity, it doesn't exist.

There's only the present and in an instance, it's gone.

For all we know, '2012' may have already happened - and we're living with it's legacy right now.

A human can, in reallity, only measure his or hers own existance or stay on this planet by their duration of their life-cycle, once it's over, how do they know what year or century it is?

For we can only measure time by ourselves, we only read or understand other peoples times by our history - and how do we know that history is correct?

Time is a thief - it steals everything that a human is or wants to be, and leaves us guessing.

.....back to my smokes and beer.......thinking out loud here.......... :mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 pm » by Funnyman46

Ramseye, Welcome to DTV. :flop:
I would agree with the previous posters when they say we have no way of locking in the exact dates of the Mayan to know where we are in linear time.
As our planet goes through it's cycles in the galaxy, (up & down) I'd be a bit more concerned.
But yeah, for now, I'm going with the Y2K outcome (nothing will happen)
Please do not take anything I say as truth, I am under control of a lizard race hell bent on staying underground and unseen to further my paranoia.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 pm » by Mozi!!a

Welcome

just hope aladin wont see this post :D

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 pm » by Mochon

Hey man welcome!!

time is an illusion here on earth....like said before man made....just like money or religion.....The maya knew that every day that passed would lead to another...and other and so on,but they also knew that after years and years a cycle would end to bring a new cycle going....the date could be very well mis interpreted due to the messed up calendar we have this days but....like you said i think 2012 will be the tip of the iceberg on whats coming...plus if nasa said we are moving trhought the galactic plains this doesnt only mean physical movement,dimensional, as wel according to some(im dont belive nasa staded any dimension shifts)l...there will be may factors more than just that one but the whole thing will get here on 2013....not the end but a new begginig..........

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 pm » by TheDuck

demobe wrote:Welcome

Aladin exploded last week, he couldn't handle the adds :lol:

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 pm » by Mozi!!a

theduck wrote:
demobe wrote:Welcome

Aladin exploded last week, he couldn't handle the adds :lol: