Flying saucers: an invention by Nikola Tesla?!

Initiate

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 pm » by Lilbuddhaman

Amazing and fascinating stuff! Thank you very much for your contributions. Tesla has always interested me, and i only wish he had been given true free reign and funding to do what he wanted to. It would be a much different and i think better world...

There is much to grok here. :flop:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheers:

Initiate

PostSat Jul 17, 2010 7:28 pm » by Lilbuddhaman

cee420 wrote:Hello

Here's one regarding ancient astronomy..

If the vedaic peoples were traveling in outer space ...why did the believe/call the planets 'chakras'?

...chakra is a word for 'a wheel' ...not a sphere.

sorry, mate ...they just were not traveling in space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra

The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र ("Science of Aeronautics"; also Vimanika, Vymanika) is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics, claimed to be obtained by mental channeling, about construction of vimānas, the "chariots of the Gods", self-moving aerial cars mentioned in the Sanskrit epics.

...see, not apart of the ancient vedas. And this is the scriputre many ufologist reffer to as information of the supposed 'ancient ufo-techno'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana

All the ancient astronomy ..or the "spiritual information" regarding astronmy and celestial movement have been recorded in " looking from Earth"-perspective.
If you do some reserch you'll notice i'm right ...i have looked into this fairly

In meso-amerika Venus was believed to be a star 'chak ek' = great star.
So ther was no aliens teaching that maya or atzec either.
In gnostic texts (book of enoch) ..there are deities commanding the celestial bodies to travel around the sky etc..

I have been actually meaning to do a piece in which i'll show all the ancient astronomical believes to be just human believes ..no gods or aliens taught our ancestors.
Imo, the 'spirit world' is also ON this same planet ..in the "ehertic layers" of planet Earth, if you will. ..so our ancestor spirits do visit this world ..or could you say 'invide our world even' ..discarnate human spirits do play demons. ..prolly the astral aliens-roles as well.

That book you linked apparently was writen/published in the 19th century ...so not part of the vedas. ...thou the vedas aren't that familiar to me, but i have read of them some

Peace, bro..
''

You might want to look at the Mahabharata:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata

And here's a good spot for the English translation:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/maha/index.htm

On the Vimanas:

http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html

And here we can see that they are mentioned in the Mahabharata:

http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Vimanas.htm
I'm not sure about space, but they could DEFINATELY navigate the air and quite potentially had nuclear weapons which would in my opnion make space travel a possibility.

The predecessors of the flying vimanas of the Sanskrit epics are the flying chariots employed by various gods in the Vedas: the Sun (see Sun chariot) and Indra and several other Vedic deities are transported by flying wheeled chariots pulled by animals, usually horses (but the Vedic god Pūsan's chariot is pulled by goats, as is that of Norse Thor).

The Rigveda does not mention Vimanas, but verses RV 1.164.47-48 have been taken as evidence for the idea of "mechanical birds":

47. kṛṣṇáṃ niyânaṃ hárayaḥ suparṇâ / apó vásānā dívam út patanti
tá âvavṛtran sádanād ṛtásyâd / íd ghṛténa pṛthivî vy ùdyate
48. dvâdaśa pradháyaś cakrám ékaṃ / trîṇi nábhyāni ká u tác ciketa
tásmin sākáṃ triśatâ ná śaṅkávo / 'rpitâḥ ṣaṣṭír ná calācalâsaḥ
"Dark the descent: the birds are golden-coloured; up to the heaven they fly robed in the waters.
Again descend they from the seat of Order, and all the earth is moistened with their fatness."
"Twelve are the fellies, and the wheel is single; three are the naves. What man hath understood it?
Therein are set together spokes three hundred and sixty, which in nowise can be loosened." (trans. Griffith)
In Swami Dayananda Saraswati's "translation", these verses become:

"jumping into space speedily with a craft using fire and water ... containing twelve stamghas (pillars), one wheel, three machines, 300 pivots, and 60 instruments."[2]
[edit] Ramayana

Rama being welcomed back to Ayodhya, also shown him flying in the Pushpaka Vimana, which here is depicted as a boatIn the Ramayana, the pushpaka ("flowery") vimana of Ravana is described as follows:

"The Pushpaka chariot that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravana; that aerial and excellent chariot going everywhere at will .... that chariot resembling a bright cloud in the sky ... and the King [Rama] got in, and the excellent chariot at the command of the Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere.'"[3]
It is the first flying vimana mentioned in Hindu mythology (as distinct from the gods' flying horse-drawn chariots).

Pushpaka was originally made by Vishwakarma for Kubera, the God of wealth, but was later stolen, along with Lanka, by his half-brother, the demon king Ravana.

[edit] Mahabharata
One example in the Mahabharata is that the Asura Maya had a Vimana measuring twelve cubits in circumference, with four strong wheels. Apart from 'blazing missiles', the poem records the use of other deadly weapons. 'Indra's Dart' (Indravajrā) operated via a circular 'reflector'. When switched on, it produced a 'shaft of light' which, when focused on any target, immediately 'consumed it with its power'.[citation needed]

In one exchange, the hero, Lord Krishna, is pursuing his enemy, Salva, in the sky, when Salva's Vimana, the Saubha, is made invisible in some way. Undeterred, Lord Krishna immediately fires off a special weapon: "I quickly laid on an arrow, which killed by seeking out sound".[citation needed]

The Mahabharata compliments "the all-knowing Yavanas" (sarvajnaa yavanaa, the Greeks), as the creators of the vimanas[4]: The Yavanas, O king, are all-knowing; the Suras are particularly so (sarvajnā yavanā rajan shurāz caiva vishesatah)[5].

[edit] Jaina literature
Vimāna-vāsin ('dweller in vimāna') is a class of deities who served the tīrthaṃkara Mahā-vīra.[6] These Vaimānika deities dwell in the Ūrdhva Loka heavens.

According to the Kalpa Sūtra of Bhadra-bāhu, the 24th tīrthaṃkara Mahā-vīra himself emerged out of the great vimāna Puṣpa-uttara[7] ; whereas the 22nd tīrthaṃkara Ariṣṭa-nemi emerged out of the great vimāna Aparijita[8]. The tīrthaṃkara-s Abhinandana (4th) and Sumati-nātha (5th) both[9] traveled through the sky in the "Jayanta-vimāna", namely the great vimāna Sarva-artha-siddhi, which was owned by[10] the Jayanta deities; whereas the tīrthaṃkara Dharma-nātha (15th) traveled through the sky in the "Vijaya-vimāna".[11]

A vimāna may be seen in a dream, such as the nalinī-gulma.[12][13]

:headscratch:

Also keep in mind to read the entirety of the Wikki entry on Vimanas that you posted. The book you source is NOT the first mention of Vimanas, nor as them being flying machines.

Initiate

PostMon Jul 19, 2010 3:25 pm » by Cee420

Hey, buddhaman.

The book on vimanas is actually written in 20th century so no, it is not an original source, but apparently it is a source to many theories that the vimanas were “UFOs”.
As you mention yourself in your post, at first the vimanas were chariots pulled by various animals. You can also see from the colorful imagination for the veda stories, that humans have had the ability to imagine more and more atributes to gods and to the things they accomplice, and the same goes to all heroic tales.

About “mechanical birds” it is said that various crafts men in the ancient times already built mechanical things ..a mechanical wooden bird is said to be built by Mozi who lived in around 450 BC. Also Archytas of Tarentum is said to have built a mechanical pigeon around 400 BC
lilbuddhaman wrote: "Twelve are the fellies, and the wheel is single; three are the naves. What man hath understood it? Therein are set together spokes three hundred and sixty, which in nowise can be loosened."

This is allgory to a “wheel of year” ..so a calendar of a sort
Twelve fellies are months ( and also reference to star constellations)
Three naves are, three seasons; hot, cool and rainy season.
360 are the number of days

Gods in many religious tales were associated to the other planets of the solar system. Sun , moon an the other planets were glowing orbs flying in their own paterns compared to the stars on the back round ..so I believe, from these independent planetary movements, and cause gods were linked to different planets ..the stories got started that gods have these flying chariots.

I really doubt that our ancient ancestors had nuclear and flight technology ..there is no concrete evidence of this ..only spiritual texts, but those are mostly based on human imagination ,where magical and supernatural attributes were given to gods and heroes of folk lore ...these are from human imagination, not from reality.
The usual bows and arrows were turned into super weapons for gods in these stories ..and later these became “missiles” according to these modern ufologist, but these are just stretched and farfetched translations and interpretations, with a certain agenda in mind = to prove ancient ufos. ..but there were non.

Peace.

Initiate

PostMon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm » by Lilbuddhaman

I really doubt that our ancient ancestors had nuclear and flight technology ..there is no concrete evidence of this ..only spiritual texts, but those are mostly based on human imagination ,where magical and supernatural attributes were given to gods and heroes of folk lore ...these are from human imagination, not from reality.
The usual bows and arrows were turned into super weapons for gods in these stories ..and later these became “missiles” according to these modern ufologist, but these are just stretched and farfetched translations and interpretations, with a certain agenda in mind = to prove ancient ufos. ..but there were non.

Ahh, but there is evidence IMO..check this out:
http://www.s8int.com/atomic1.html

http://blog.hallofthegods.org/2010/04/a ... apons.html

http://www.nasca.org.uk/Ancient_Nuc__Wa ... __war.html

Here's a nice thread on this by our friendly neighborhood DTV persona Kingz:

proof-of-ancient-atomic-wars-t18719.html

and savwafair2012:

ancient-nuclear-warfare-t18301.html

Gurkha,
flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...
..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Ancient verses from the Mahabharata: (6500 B.C.?)

If that doesn't describe an atomic missle, i don't know what does. Then you take a look at the fused glass evidence in the area, it starts to look somewhat probable. I'm not saying they had UFO's, but i believe there is a possiblility that high technology has come and gone several times in humankinds history.

Peace as well... :flop:

Initiate

PostMon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 pm » by Cee420

lilbuddhaman wrote:

Ahh, but there is evidence IMO..check this out:
http://www.s8int.com/atomic1.html

http://blog.hallofthegods.org/2010/04/a ... apons.html

http://www.nasca.org.uk/Ancient_Nuc__Wa ... __war.html

Here's a nice thread on this by our friendly neighborhood DTV persona Kingz:

proof-of-ancient-atomic-wars-t18719.html

and savwafair2012:

ancient-nuclear-warfare-t18301.html

Gurkha,
flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...
..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Ancient verses from the Mahabharata: (6500 B.C.?)

If that doesn't describe an atomic missle, i don't know what does. Then you take a look at the fused glass evidence in the area, it starts to look somewhat probable. I'm not saying they had UFO's, but i believe there is a possiblility that high technology has come and gone several times in humankinds history.

Peace as well... :flop:

Ok ...i will have alook little later ..but i doubt i will find anything concrete

The veda texts or mahabharata weren't written down in 6500BC ..but much much later ...so the evidence in those text really isn't that old, so even some of the scientific stuff might have been added in the later times ..and the tales are higly mythical ..not very realistic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata
..maybe gunpowder projectiles, but nuclear? ..i doubt it, bro

Peace.

Previous