Following the Jade Rabbit (YUTU)

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 pm » by *WillEase*

Chang'e-3 lunar probe and rover Lunar Landing December 14, 2013

Upload to Disclose.tv

Triangle shaped object on crater's edge?

At any rate, I'm following the updates from CCTV on Twitter to get updates and recent photos taken
by the lunar rover YUTU.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 1:15 pm » by *WillEase*

China's moon rover flexes muscles
2013-12-24 09:31 Xinhua

China's moon rover, Yutu (Jade Rabbit) is seen rolling on the surface of the moon in this photo taken on Dec 22

China's moon rover, Yutu (Jade Rabbit), completed an arm flexing assessment early on Monday, a key test before beginning other work on the surface, according to the Beijing Aerospace Control Center.

The trial checked the rover is in the best condition to endure extreme temperatures of minus 180 degrees Celsius in the first moonlight night, said Zhou Jianliang, chief engineer with the center.

Experts from the center estimated that the night is expected to appear on December 26 and will last for about 15 days, during which the rover will "go to sleep" without any energy supply.

The trial will help the rover continue explorations after the night, Zhou added.

Yutu has had to deal with direct solar radiation raising the temperature to over 100 degrees centigrade on its sunny side, while its shaded side simultaneously fell below zero.

Chang'e-3 soft-landed on the moon's Sinus Iridum, or the Bay of Rainbows, on December 14, establishing China as the third country in the world capable of carrying out such a rover mission after the United States and former Soviet Union.

Yutu will survey the moon's geological structure and surface substances and look for natural resources for three months, while the lander will conduct in-situ exploration at the landing site for one year.

Initiate

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 3:50 pm » by Spikey

Cheers Willease, i'll keep an eye out for future images from you.

In addition to that strange-looking delta shape in that shallow crater, what i find really odd about the crater itself, is the clearly defined dark rectangle in the bottom of it.

It doesn't seem to be a shadow (unless it's the shadow of the lander coming down?) so how would this form naturally.

In fact, looking closer and upping the res a bit, there are what look like 3 or 4 separate cuboid or square-shaped objects partially hidden under the dust.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 4:37 pm » by Doogle

Just wondering what that shimmering light was at 5.55 to 5.59 in the vid?

Initiate

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 5:39 pm » by Spikey

Probably the landing jets moving some dust around doogle.

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 8:22 pm » by DarkHeart

Thanks for the updates Willease, although expecting a chinese made hi-tech gadget to last a year is a bit of a tall order :lol:

Writer

PostWed Dec 25, 2013 1:03 am » by Devilishwork

Just think if all that money used to kill each other was used to solve the problems on earth and travel the stars the amazing sights we would see.

But the an earth without war would be an earth without people.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 25, 2013 1:14 am » by Toxic32

Devilishwork wrote:Just think if all that money used to kill each other was used to solve the problems on earth and travel the stars the amazing sights we would see.

But the an earth without war would be an earth without people.

I think a bout this article. Only I would substitute threat with friendly. It would make a massive difference. We would no longer have the luxury of self indulgence and the delusion that we know every thing and are all things to all beings. What awake up call that would be....Bring it on.

The President first disclosed his recurrent thoughts about "an alien threat" during a December 4, 1985, speech at the Fallston High School in Maryland, where he spoke about his first summit with General Secretary Gorbachev in Geneva. According to a White House transcript, Reagan remarked that during his 5-hour private discussions with Gorbachev, he told [Gorbachev] to think, "how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 2:46 am » by *WillEase*

China's moon rover "Yutu" (Jade Rabbit) went to sleep at 5:23 a.m. Thursday Beijing Time as the first lunar night for the mission fell, the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defence (SASTIND) said. :sleep:

Yutu slept upon command from Beijing Aerospace Control Center. The lander had already fallen asleep at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday.

One night on the Moon lasts about 14 days on Earth, during which the temperature falls below minus 180 celsius. There is no sunlight to provide power to Yutu's solar panel.

Scientists said Yutu can survive the night with its thermal control system, with a radioisotope heat source.

Yutu and the lander compose Chang'e-3, which soft-landed on moon on Dec 14. Yutu later separated from the lander. The two have collected a lot of data.

Scientists will study and analyze data collected by Yutu and the lander while the two sleep, SASTIND said.

Writer

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 4:52 am » by Ricardo Midnight

How about if we the public chip in and send our own remote controlled toy car complete with i-pad made from posh tin foil and go fast stripes. Whoops! Sorry! the Chinese public have already unknowingly done that.

Next