Food for thought.

Writer

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 pm » by Ramaddas

The purpose of it is to make clear, to the dancing of the universe's own sound of the beat. The human drums drift into its own history. Delve into the inner radiance of it's glory and reawaken its spirit to fulfill its role.
The melody that I hear of derives of the church symphony choir, rising infinitely into obscurity to form a sense of clarity, so profound that that the ancient masters fully acknowledged of and ultimately revered.

Worship the most high is of utmost importance. The revelation that once fulfilled me heart, long years have since past. Always there, Always lingering to be re awakened again like from the ashes of a demolished phoenix, come rise again to soar into the heart of Earth's own spiritual self. To cleanse and repair the damage we have done to her.

I foresee the mental clarity to be restored to humanity and once again we as a people shall rise up and overtake the evil powers that has been bestowed upon our race as a blessing, to teach us and mend our souls. The purpose being that of the great teaching of suffering.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 pm » by Slith

Ramaddas wrote: to teach us and mend our souls. The purpose being that of the great teaching of suffering.

I don't consider suffering to be a great teaching. Sure, we learn by it, but it is by no means great.

BTW

:hiho:

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Writer

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 pm » by Ramaddas

In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey, no change, no growth, no learning. We remained as our immortal selves, blissfully unaware and ignorant. If you look at the big picture, what has suffering cause us to do?

We have evolved and it has caused us to have minds of our own, to think freely and rationally. What is wrong and what is right, to experience morality and virtue, common sense, it has made us aware of our world, like waking up and smelling the coffee. Maybe it could have been the most High ultimate design to be on the same level as him/her.

People will protest to this being on the same level as the most High, but if you think about it. Like what most parent's would like to see in their children is for them to be happy and Grow. Suffering had to be introduced to feel the negative emotions of our human psyche, the duality of darkness and light, good and evil and most importantly cause and effect.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 4:21 pm » by Slith

Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey

You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm » by The57ironman

Ramaddas wrote: If you look at the big picture, what has suffering caused us to do?

We have evolved and it has caused us to have minds of our own, to think freely and rationally. What is wrong and what is right, to experience morality and virtue, common sense, it has made us aware of our world, like waking up and smelling the coffee.

Suffering had to be introduced to feel the negative emotions of our human psyche, the duality of darkness and light, good and evil and most importantly cause and effect.

......Image

:hiho: Ramaddas

:cheers:

Image...................................Image

Writer

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 am » by Ramaddas

Slith wrote:
Ramaddas wrote:In our pristine state back in the garden of eden. Where absolute bliss and serenity ruled our ancient lives, no suffering was ever experienced. Everything was lovey dovey

You're right. No suffering in our pristine state et al. Oooh wait.......Cain and Abel just put your argument to rest.

The pristine state I speak of was when we were in the garden of eden, before 'sin' aka suffering was introduced. All that pain, sorrow, murderous intent, corruption, greed, etc. followed thereafter. The story of Cain and Abel was long after our departure of that pristine state.

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 2:12 am » by Slith

Ramaddas wrote:
Slith wrote:

The pristine state I speak of was when we were in the garden of eden, before 'sin' aka suffering was introduced. All that pain, sorrow, murderous intent, corruption, greed, etc. followed thereafter. The story of Cain and Abel was long after our departure of that pristine state.

You base this on one book. Care to read some others? Your opine might just change.

Think outside ze box

Just sayin

Sam Ewing

Writer

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 am » by Ramaddas

Can you refer me some books, because I would like to expand my knowledge even further. You mentioned about Cain and Abel, and that story from what I have read is always the same. The story like all the stories in
Genesis is a metaphor. Cain murdering his brother represented Jealousy, Anger, Resentment which lead to murder. Negative aspects of our minds back then that came to light and a precursor to the dominant dark energies we as a race have bestowed upon Earth and its inhabitants (animal kingdom).

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 pm » by Slith

Ramaddas wrote:Can you refer me some books, because I would like to expand my knowledge even further. You mentioned about Cain and Abel, and that story from what I have read is always the same. The story like all the stories in
Genesis is a metaphor. Cain murdering his brother represented Jealousy, Anger, Resentment which lead to murder. Negative aspects of our minds back then that came to light and a precursor to the dominant dark energies we as a race have bestowed upon Earth and its inhabitants (animal kingdom).

Sure

.Vedas
.I Ching
.The Epic of Gilgamesh
.Torah
.Koran

It's a good start.

:cheers:

Sam Ewing

Writer

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am » by Ramaddas

I have read about the story of Buddha, Slith. I am amazed at how close the story to enlightenment is from the Garden of Eden story in the bible.

I saw similarities between the two stories that reflected upon one another. For example- How Sidharrta Buddha lived a priveledge life full of happiness and love. Same goes for Adam and Eve when they where at the Garden, also full of happiness and love. But something happened which made them see what suffering was all about, why they experience all this happiness and bliss in there enclosed world. While the outside world suffers and experiences sorrow, pain and death.

So Buddha saw this and emphasize with his peoples and found enlightenment, while Adam and Eve got thrown out for 'disobeying' God, to challenge his power by eating the fruit of Knowledge which also led them to enlightenment.

All these stories are a teaching, it is repeated throughout history you just have to learn how to connect the dots and then everything falls naturally into place like colossal jigsaw puzzle. Then if you work hard enough to complete it, you will see the light of enlightenment.

Next