FOOD - Survival in the wild for the coming days ahead

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 am » by Elnorel

Surviving outdoors.

MAKING FOOD

I've got a feeling we all will need it soon enough, the way things are going.

Please post really useful tips about making tasty food that might make our daily survival in the wild without electricity a little bit better.
Knowledge has saved the human race before, it will do so again in the future.

How to bake bread in the outdoors

Upload to Disclose.tv

:flop:
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 12:35 am » by Synkronizer

Elnorel wrote:Surviving outdoors.

MAKING FOOD

Please post really useful tips about making tasty food that might make our daily survival in the wild without electricity a little bit better.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Someone should make printable black & white instructables of the things posted here, so peeps can make booklets while electricity is available. No use having a collection of video's when you can't play 'em.

I assume he isn't backpacking, given the amount of tools, pots and ingredients necessary?
"The adult public's taste is not necessarily ready to accept the logical solutions to their requirements if the solution
implies too vast a departure from what they have been conditioned into accepting as the norm." - Raymond Loewy

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 10:17 am » by Toxic32

Synkronizer wrote:
Elnorel wrote:Surviving outdoors.

MAKING FOOD

Upload to Disclose.tv

Someone should make printable black & white instructables of the things posted here, so peeps can make booklets while electricity is available. No use having a collection of video's when you can't play 'em.

I assume he isn't backpacking, given the amount of tools, pots and ingredients necessary?

Lots of information on the net. Just lookup prepping on google you will find everything you want. I have just taken a serious look at what I need to do given the current state the world is in. You have nothing to loose by reading up on it and take the basic steps to protect your self and your loved ones and it's good fun learning our to do things. Filter water create fire cooking using thing you would never give a second thought to. Make your own every thing. If you never need to do it then that's great, however if you did need that type of knowledge then you are read. As you say when you press the light switch and lights no longer work it's to late to find information on how to survive.

http://www.urbanprepping.com/resource-library-3/survival-guidesmanuals/#.UmDoOPkqjzY
Invictus maneo

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 am » by Icarus1

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 am » by Svaha

It is good to prepare, to do these things, but there is more.
To make bread you'll need all the ingredients, so for instance you need to have wheat, you can't do all this on your own, you'll need others that cooperate with you.
Wildlife may go extinct very fast, soil / water could be contaminated.
Also imo it is not necessary to throw away all the 'technical' stuff we've invented but find a way to reform our society to an open free society, based on abundance... before the crash.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am » by Icarus1

soz mate that film just came into my head, you put up a good video

fire from ice .................

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 1:58 pm » by Aardvaaks

Excellant thread with videos; the last one with the guy making fire from an ice lens, reminds me of the film 'Castaway', why oh why did Tom go to all that trouble making fire and stabbing himself, when he could have just lit some parcel paper from the lens he had found on the maglite torch?? must have been all the coconuts he had eaten clouding his judgement.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 pm » by Elnorel

Well the Ingredients would come as people settle down, start to grow things like wheat and communities grow afresh.
There will always be farmers, butchers, produce sellers at the market. ŠFlour will be made, milk, butter produced,....

When all the bad things end, certain powers establish themselves and people are left to fend for themselves while they power struggle, communities will grow trust me.

I know I talk like there is a pending catastrophe. Sure feels like one is looming over the horizon.

It does not hurt to know all the things that can help you when shit hits the fan. And it will.

And only thing that will matter then is human nature, how we will treat each other.
Help each other, or make war and terrible deeds even on smaller neighbourhood scale.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 1:15 am » by Svaha

It's too late to act when the system crashes, sustainable agricultural systems take some years to establish, even advanced systems like aquaponics take a year.
Even when the system doesn't crash, people around the world are in for suffering for decades because of austerity measures (stealing from the people, transporting to the few)

So now is the time to go local, to set up new social structures that don't depend on the debt money system or governments, that are not scarcety/fear based, it's happening already around the globe.
I call them open source communities, people share their knowledge with others (no patents) so value is created for the whole group, projects are crowd funded so no banks involved.
This gives a boost to the development of quality products (that last long), but also a boost to creativity.
Combined with for instance permaculture abundance is created, more important because every member of the group has a value (that increases), the value of the group benefits from this and increases also.

Prepping, learning how to 'do', how to survive, is important, but more can be done now to change completely to a free society and to start reversing the damage that is done to the planet and the people.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 1:27 am » by pushtone

Svaha wrote:It's too late to act when the system crashes, sustainable agricultural systems take some years to establish, even advanced systems like aquaponics take a year.
So now is the time to go local, to set up new social structures that don't depend on the debt money system or governments, that are not scarcety/fear based.
people share their knowledge with others (no patents) so value is created for the whole group, projects are crowd funded so no banks involved.
This gives a boost to the development of quality products (that last long), but also a boost to creativity.
Combined with for instance permaculture abundance is created, more important because every member of the group has a value (that increases), the value of the group benefits from this and increases
also more can be done now to change completely to a free society and to start reversing the damage that is done to the planet and the people.

:clapper: Excellent ....thanks.
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.