For any guitar players...

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 8:43 pm » by Kinninigan

Chaindrive2.5 wrote:any of you have a reverse truss rod on your guitars.?

My 1973 Stratacastor has a reverse truss-rod. I always do my own adjustments. Its just like plumbing and working with gas lines, Left tightens, right loosens..

Just be careful if you have a vintage guitar like mine...

Need any help let me know..

:flop:
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Initiate

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 pm » by Chaindrive2.5

Kinninigan wrote:
Chaindrive2.5 wrote:any of you have a reverse truss rod on your guitars.?

My 1973 Stratacastor has a reverse truss-rod. I always do my own adjustments. Its just like plumbing and working with gas lines, Left tightens, right loosens..

Just be careful if you have a vintage guitar like mine...

Need any help let me know..

:flop:

Rephrase that...

its (high end strings - tighten) / (low end strings - loosen)

correct.?

I know this sounds dumb.. for as long Ive had this guitar and twinking with the rod and still got away with it.. I guess I never notice.. always thought it was the "normal" way to screw with the dumb thing... :ohno:

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 8:55 pm » by Kinninigan

:look:

Here is a diagram. Is your fret board bowed up or down?

:peep:
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Initiate

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 9:07 pm » by Chaindrive2.5

Kinninigan wrote::look:

Here is a diagram. Is your fret board bowed up or down?

:peep:

Its relax (or bow IN) around the 12th.. I took it in when I got a box of Erie Ball 2248s and he tweeked it kind of hard.. and it was straight as a arrow, but I think he might of gone 1/8th too much.. dont know yet.. havent gotten that far.. Im sure that I need to back peddle the rod an 1/8.

Yeah that dio-fram is for standard rods tho....

Initiate

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 9:16 pm » by lllSpocklll

I recently refinished a mid-90s Jackson Dinky, got it used for $200. Totally stripped it an put a veneer top on it. Took it to the luthier for final wiring and adjustments (put a new Floyd Rose on it too), only to be told the neck was shot (bowed) and that the truss rod was all the way out - the guitar needed a new neck.

So - I stopped putting money into it, now it's going to be a gift to some young kids to get them maybe interested in guitar. It'll go in tune, but I took the Floyd Rose out and put it in another Jackson - and never got the pickups wired - so, it's trash.

But I had a blast refinishing it - was a great learning experience, just an expensive one.

It ended up looking like this...

After that I ended up getting these...

New Jackson - Lower-mid range model I hot rodded...

This PRS is an SE Model, still a very good guitar, plays great, just needed new pickups. I had to have this finish when I saw it - this is the actual guitar I got as you can actually choose the serial number you are getting from Sweetwater before you buy. I've been burned on ordering guitars before, but now they all have 30 day money back guarantees, so, it's not an issue anymore.

and this Ibanez Prestige is really a FUN guitar to play - it's one of my favorites now (I LOVE THE WIZARD NECK!!!) It feels a lot like the Jackson, but smoother, like butter.

I have a PRS Custom 22 and a Standard 24, the dark brown Ibanez is a baritone guitar.

Anyway - I think I am done buying guitars, between my friend and I we have them covered. He's got a Les Paul, an American Tele and just got an American Strat this week.

If I ever decide to get another it will be a Tele. I love the one my friend has. I have to say out of all the guitars I've fiddled with, my new Ibanez Prestige and the Silver PRS Standard 24 are my favorites.
Who is John Galt?

Initiate

PostSat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 pm » by Chaindrive2.5

lllSpocklll wrote:I recently refinished a mid-90s Jackson Dinky, got it used for $200. Totally stripped it an put a veneer top on it. Took it to the luthier for final wiring and adjustments (put a new Floyd Rose on it too), only to be told the neck was shot (bowed) and that the truss rod was all the way out - the guitar needed a new neck.

So - I stopped putting money into it, now it's going to be a gift to some young kids to get them maybe interested in guitar. It'll go in tune, but I took the Floyd Rose out and put it in another Jackson - and never got the pickups wired - so, it's trash.

But I had a blast refinishing it - was a great learning experience, just an expensive one.

It ended up looking like this...

After that I ended up getting these...

New Jackson - Lower-mid range model I hot rodded...

This PRS is an SE Model, still a very good guitar, plays great, just needed new pickups. I had to have this finish when I saw it - this is the actual guitar I got as you can actually choose the serial number you are getting from Sweetwater before you buy. I've been burned on ordering guitars before, but now they all have 30 day money back guarantees, so, it's not an issue anymore.

and this Ibanez Prestige is really a FUN guitar to play - it's one of my favorites now (I LOVE THE WIZARD NECK!!!) It feels a lot like the Jackson, but smoother, like butter.

I have a PRS Custom 22 and a Standard 24, the dark brown Ibanez is a baritone guitar.

Anyway - I think I am done buying guitars, between my friend and I we have them covered. He's got a Les Paul, an American Tele and just got an American Strat this week.

If I ever decide to get another it will be a Tele. I love the one my friend has. I have to say out of all the guitars I've fiddled with, my new Ibanez Prestige and the Silver PRS Standard 24 are my favorites.

If the neck is shit... its a bolt on... replace it.. Chandler make great necks.. and get a decal of the jackson logo and slop it on.. who would know the difference..? Just tell people that got it from Jackson.. if people dont believe you then tell them you got the neck from Ed Roman in las vegas.. ANY serious guitarist is going to know who Ed Roman is... they better...

Initiate

PostSun Sep 21, 2014 4:38 am » by Casey2020

chain man I love you

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 21, 2014 3:19 pm » by Toxic32

It's pleasure to listen to this guy. He was one of my pupils and I taught him ever thing he knows..LOL

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6c_1413869584
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Previous