For any guitar players...

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm » by Spock

I found a couple of awesome sites that are fun for guitar players.

The first one I ran across this morning, http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com

It has a ton of songs (user submitted I guess) without the guitar part. They are MP3s so you can play along with them. This morning I downloaded a bunch of Tool and Rush songs to jam with.

Here's another one, it is a pay site, but heck, I'm joining it, it's for guitar lessons many styles, and for all levels of players.

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net

Check it out, and post some of your references.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 pm » by Toxic32

Thanks for that link just up my street.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 pm » by Malogg

Lol I will have a wee scan of that thankyou spock

I will upload a video sometime of my playing for you all to rip me about

aahahaha

Think I may shock some

Only once I get some free time

Here is a pic of my fav toy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4308_n.jpg
Blame the rock she has her faults

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm » by Spock

Sweet Malogg. Personally I've never been much for Strats - I know most people love them. Except for the weight I prefer Les Paul's, so I got 2 PRS's, very similar in playability, without the feeling of carrying a tree trunk. I also have an Ibenez baritone I keep tuned to B.

Just ordered the Morpheus DropTune, I played with one at Guitar Center last week and it's amazing!

I haven't played in a band since 2004, and really got out of music all together, but I still have my Marshall JVM410, and I just got a PodHD 500 - which I LOVE and it is the reason I am excited about guitar again.

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 pm » by The57ironman

...nice

....i'm still kickin' myself for selling my 1969 Les Paul Standard...... :hell:

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm » by Spock

How long ago did you sell it? It would suck if you sold it in say 1970. I'd love to have one, but if I ever get another guitar I'm going to go the Fender route, and most likely a Telecaster.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm » by E6722maj

intersting site. thanks Spock :flop:

whatever

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm » by Malogg

Spock wrote:Sweet Malogg. Personally I've never been much for Strats - I know most people love them. Except for the weight I prefer Les Paul's, so I got 2 PRS's, very similar in playability, without the feeling of carrying a tree trunk. I also have an Ibenez baritone I keep tuned to B.

Just ordered the Morpheus Detune, I played with one at Guitar Center last week and it's amazing!

I haven't played in a band since 2004, and really got out of music all together, but I still have my Marshall JVM410, and I just got a PodHD 500 - which I LOVE and it is the reason I am excited about guitar again.

I got that guitar for £10 from a junki fecker with the neck needing reattached , was his Dad's at one time .

:banana:

Awesome I have never really had the chance to learn by the book and also went out my way to try and learn how to play by how I feel from a multitude of scales and chords

to say that I have my own style is kinda true but based on styles and similar playing of some of my fav guitarists ever .

I will be using this link

Sounds like a sweet set up you have and that POD effects is something I am looking forward to getting in sometime soon the BEAN version black with an extra foot switch board to rattle it through an ole 4 track

Cheers for sharing

:cheers:
Blame the rock she has her faults

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm » by The57ironman

Spock wrote:How long ago did you sell it? It would suck if you sold it in say 1970. I'd love to have one, but if I ever get another guitar I'm going to go the Fender route, and most likely a Telecaster.

....i had to come up with cash in 2002.....($900)...Image

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm » by Spock

The Pod is FUN man. For the money you can't beat it. I am using it on my computer, through my speakers. I could plug it straight into the PA and it would sound great, but if I ever have the chance to play out again, I'll stick to my Marshall and stomp boxes.

As far as the Pod HD500 - check this PDF out and these are the model pack it has. It's $499 new.

Pod HD Model Gallery

Next