For Slith.......

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am » by Drextin

Slith has openly said if Anderson Silva loses he will start watching figure skating........like an idiot I said I would too.

Me and slith..........if Anderson loses......

Come on guys let's keep friendly. I think we've all been punched around enough here lately.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:28 am » by Mugenroshi8

Thanks for all the warm words Drex. I sent you a PM, but I know how you were about checking them! Anderson and Chael huh...I would say you all have a pretty safe bet, but from what I hear Anderson allows his cockiness to bleed into his training...so you two may very well be exploring the depths of your feminine side shortly.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:45 am » by Drextin

Hey mug, I will check them in just a little bit. Glad we got it worked out.

I'm a little bit of a bad luck charm for mma fighters. Every time I say publicly who I think will win they lose. Sorry Rampage..........

Initiate

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:50 am » by Mugenroshi8

drextin wrote:I'm a little bit of a bad luck charm for mma fighters. Every time I say publicly who I think will win they lose.

...and I've been wondering where this slump came from. You asshole! Next fight, I'll email you the other guy's name and you can work that Hoodoo, that you do, so well

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 am » by Drextin

Ok my man you got mail.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 am » by Lowsix

Chael's gonna get his career ended.

His pr guy thought it would get his name back on utube if he started getting "controversial"..and that started with the claim that he (silva) was spitting in the face of the MMA fans by refusing to speak english when he speaks fluently (allegedly)...

then hes trashing dana..(yeah pr stunt if i ever heard one..dana wouldnt have given him this fight)

Then saying he doest even respect silva's skills, and further harping on the fact that Machida wouldnt fight Silva because he was afraid..etc..

(all of which is ridiculous considering how many times Chael's tapped in the last 8 years to armbars...(6)

Hes going to find out that the Forrest Fight was a preview
and his runny un-qualified mouth will have earned him a front seat
to the upcoming utter, total humiliation of a career ending fight.

Injury sustained to Sonnen during an armbar
that will go past the tap or the stoppage
straight thru to a break..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 4:06 am » by Drextin

I'm picking Silva but if he loses you bastards had better not come looking for me..........you were warned I am bad luck.

Initiate

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 4:19 am » by Mugenroshi8

From what I understand, Chael's trying to get into politics as well. I viewed his PR stunts as the reason he actually got this fight. Low may be right, because if he's looking for a way out and trying to save face, he can always fall back on - "but it was Silva!" I don't know how this fight even happened (which is why I credit all the PR stunts), there's many other fighters that have been waiting to get on a card like this a lot longer than Chael.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 4:57 am » by Lowsix

i was surprised that dana cut machida so fast.
I was anticipating him to force them both to fight...but they both refuse
and i dont know how that works in fight contracts..

If youre under contract as they both were, how could they refuse?
Just make sure you never meet in the same weight class?
made no sense to me.

Or sue silva for the remainder on his contact if he wouldnt fight machida..AND lose the belt by abdicating.

And HOW THE F did Maia get the first shot when marquart knocked HIM out??
Is nate hurt or some shit?

Why not make Sonnen go thru Marquart first?
(bc he cant)

stinks to shit..

I bet Dana wants Sonnen hurt too if hes not in on the shit talkin..lol
Ill stick with the payback armbar...with a bonus pmt to silva for pulling it off.

(the the armbar injury, not the arm)
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostFri Jul 23, 2010 5:14 am » by Mugenroshi8

The promoter calls both fighters and asks if they are interested in the fight, then both sign a contract and at this point are legally bound. If fighters refuse, legality isn't really an issue, but if the Owner of the Promotion wants to be nasty, he can cut the fighter out with no questions asked.

Machida and Silva are on the same team, which is probably the reason they didn't want to fight each other. Training partners and all that. The same thing is going on at the local promotion I'm with, there's one fighter that's been in the WEC and another that's undefeated and the Owner wants the promoter to put that fight together; but both are on the same team and have reservations. So does the promoter, so I'm not sure how that will play out.

Not sure about UFC, but according to our local promotion the contract is only good until the fight is over. Although most professional fighters sign 3 or 5 fight contract, I believe the Promotion can drop them - but on what grounds I'm not sure as I haven't encountered or heard of it happening here. Any fighter not on contract can be dropped anytime, so there is quite a bit of pressure to please the Owner, who is trying his best to please the fans.

I agree though, they dropped Machida pretty quickly for the level of competition he's at.

Next