"For those curious about God" or "Aliens create placenta"

Initiate

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:38 am » by Slowlyawakening

There is something magical in the way that the universe works and indeed there seems to be something more to it than meets the eye. I think that there is "universal will". Not like the Christian's God or anything of that nature but some sort of metaphysical/spirit mechanism that keeps the universe ticking and tocking. And when we die, we learn more about how the universe works. I do know that death isn't an end.

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:38 am » by Punjedi

I wouldn't be on this site if I wasn't fascinated by all the possibilities of Earth and Space.

The fascinating stories and pictures I have seen through the years has been one wild ride.

I never for one second ever believe we are the only ones. I never believe for one second that it's all just about us and nothing else matters.

I was just merely stating my religious side and yes....I am very aware of all the contradictions and flat simple basic logic busting ideals that have followed faith. To that I can only say I am always exploring and finding what I can. I just happen to be here now after a very long and bitter road of not being where I am. I can say I was headed nowhere good and I like where I am at. No enforcing, no probing or trying to recruit. I can't stand evanglists, I don't like people coming to my door asking "Have you found Jesus"

I always want to say,...."No , Damnit! Did you lose Him again?!? "

Now folks know where I stand and I will refrain from ever using this context in response to another thread. Unless that thread says something like "Discuss God, Buddha, Satan, Elvis" or something like that :)
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:43 am » by Punjedi

Moved to Cali because it's home.

Was born in Paradise, Ca and somewhat grew up in Chico. Family moved to Kansas when I was about 10 and I have been spinning wheels all over the country since trying to get back here....kinda. See it was like this...*fade*... (Add obviously boring and lengthy life story here)........

and here I be.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:45 am » by Dukettt

punjedi wrote:

then you can try and dismiss the wonder and the absolute glory of God.

I thought this was about your beliefs?

SO again, we know we can DESTROY life, but we can't create it. We have NOTHING to do with the sperm or the egg, we don't create it, we merely house the vessel that produces it and then we are merely it's transport.

You telling me there is a god in my balls creating sperm? That is whak!

Now, when you slam God and make it easier for yourself to think that your internal actions aren't held accountable, maybe consider stepping out into the REAL world as you like to say.

Once again you just said this was about you.

It's easy to be on here or Utoob, or any other social sight and slam what you don't understand or haven't taken the time to listen to your true heart and soul.

Man this is not a church what did you expect?

The simple message is and always was "Love Christ, Love others, Love yourself" Anything beyond that, is manmade and a manipulatable (fake word) construct.

Now you see you are pushing it..

Lastly, for those that like to nitpick about "I live a good life, I don't steal, and I don't harm others" Good for you but I still ask who you give the glory to at the end of the day?

Usually i go to sleep at the end of the day and what is glory anyway? I am humble i do not seek glory, that is fake and gay to me...

Because I can say this. You didn't make the sun come up, and I'll be pretty confident in saying that you didn't make the stars shine.

Now thats a real mind blower that one! I did not what? Lay of the god weed for a while, please.

All He asks in return is a simple Thank You.

Are you sure? Maybe he wants to eat your soul? Ok it is given you got our faith but dot push it...

</end rant>
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:49 am » by Punjedi

Ok fair enough, part of this post was still in the mindset of a response to a different post.

I failed to re-write more as my opinion and not being pushy.

I still wrestle with not trying to push. Really, it's no harder than restraining yourself when someone says "Aliens don't exist"

I am sorry that some of my opinion does state more of a "Your wrong, I am right"

please understand I am always learning.

I really just boil it down to passion. When you have passion about anything you tend to want to share no? Just sucks that this is still by far the most challenging subject known to humans.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:55 am » by Dukettt

Seems like you are the bigger man here. ..sorry i got it going there for a moment.
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 8:06 am » by Punjedi

... You ARE coming off preachy and obviously you did not get what you were looking for from your post.

Yes, again I agree I let my passion get ahold of me and reacted. Again, I apogize for that.

As far as getting what I was looking for? I did, I am getting responses from people telling me how they feel. Banter is awesome. Especially when in such a heated subject people can maintain a mature level of conversation.

I knew what to expect and I have no goal. You won't see me "preacherizing" any further, no harm in ruffling some feathers?

*edit* p.s. Please also keep in mind I tried to keep this to the most relevant topic I could find on the site. So as not to enrage some of the more devout science minded folk on here.

:cheers:
Nihil Sine Fide!

Master Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 3:23 pm » by Cornbread714

Here's the way I look at it sometimes (I'm always changing my mind - keeps it supple).

God, or whatever you want to call the creative force, is just too damn complicated for humans to grasp.

And when we start talking about "His" plan or "His" glory, I think we've already begun to dilute and distort whatever truth we are able to grasp.

Too much gets lost when we try to use language to describe the ineffable nature of this vastly complex multiverse we inhabit.

I think whatever you felt when you were on that riverbank is just as valid as anything anyone else feels, but when you filter it through language and your Judaeo-Christian viewpoint, it comes out sounding vapid and like yet another sermon of the type which we are all, no doubt, already familiar.

This is not to say that there is not such a thing as "God's grace" or "mercy", etc. - in other words, I think many people genuinely experience what they would call a personal relationship with God, and I think the most genuine of these people do not proselytize at all, but realize that living through example is the most powerful way to lead.

Anyway, I guess my point is that we get hindered by language and man-made definitions, and I have no doubt that even atheists and satanists are capable of being in awe of nature's glory, so where does that leave us?

Nature is just another small word that tries to encompass a vastness and complexity that one word can never contain.

Another quick point - I think we are on the verge of "creating" life, to some extent. Of course we will be using building blocks that were already here - but who can prove that we were not created as well by a lesser creator playing with the building blocks of a greater creator, just like we are doing now?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 3:51 pm » by Mediasorcerer

captainkarizma wrote:we are energy beings that are here to experience a different reality good or bad it really doesn't matter the survival instinct in every living thing is by design , fractal math, quantum physics. shows this is very probable. but as to a (GOD) I cannot with good conscience and being somewhat intelligent agree it was an all powerfull being that created our reality. I do however find it more satisfying to believe we create our reality so that we can experience life and its wonders that we cannot otherwise experience in our energy form (spirit) if you will. Think of what it would be like to live as a snail or a tree , space and time is relative soo to be something different than ourselves would be a totally different life experience , everything in our reality is ruled by one law and that is moderation , humans over populate the planet thus other speices must give way and go extinct. when our population decreases new speices will give rise.its not an equilibriam but moderation.

yeh,its simplistic to see god as a being full stop,thats not what the creative forces are ,its in beings[god/light/chi/life force etc]but its not a being,its the energy that binds the universe and all the elements in it together,universal energy is a better way to describe " god".
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostMon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm » by nm156

I keep my ever evolveing understanding of a higher being above all, however I try keep it simple and honor thy Mother (Earth). For any one man to say that they understand God is blasphomy, since no one man can even understand the planet that sustains all life. IMO God is the subject to complicate all matters, God can not be questioned, it is what it is, LIFE live it. :D
Anything of interest always comes at ones expense.

PreviousNext